Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] VR Panorama - render 360 stereo videos

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by olix4242, Jun 25, 2015.

?

What would you like to see added in a future version of VR Panorama?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2016.
  1. Audio Capture Support

40.4%
  2. Side By Side Stereo rendering

28.8%
  3. Automatic 360 panorama metatagging for Youtube H.264 Video Export

30.8%
  1. INGTONY

INGTONY

thanks a lot working flawesly………………………...

olix4242 likes this.
  2. netpost

netpost

The package fixed the v2018 crashes. It's great to be able to use your amazing 360 capture solution again.
    Thank you so much for uploading a new package so quickly. I can't work without it. :)

Just a quick question. Is it normal to install the new package on each session you want to use VR panorama 360? For example, if I import VR panorama 360 in a new session, it does not work until I load the project another time. Then it ask me to load the new package and it work.

The book of the dead scene looks amazing.

olix4242 likes this.
  3. olix4242

olix4242

Are you using Mixamo model?

4. olix4242

olix4242

Not sure if I get it. When you have a new project, you have to import VR Panorama from Assetstore. Then apply a patch. And that should be all - it should work always for that project.
    If you open a new project that doesn't have VR Panorama imported and patched. You have to repeat importing and patching. VR Panorama is, like all other assets from assetstore - project dependent.

5. olix4242

olix4242

Great that it works for all ;)

6. olix4242

olix4242

SkinnedCharacter.jpg
    If you look at your character you should have one or more objects that use Skinned Mesh Renderer component.
    -look at a Root Bone transform. It should be set to something like Hips.
    -If you have more than one object with skinned mesh renderer (like in Mixamo characters) you will have to set the same Root Bone for all objects.
    p. s. I don't remember now, but I think that it's best that all objects use Hips object as a root bone. But with some animations, it might also be that it should use a root transform of your character. You can try and see if the first one works for you and if not, then try using a second one.

7. netpost

netpost

[QUOTEVR Panorama is, like all other assets from assetstore - project dependent.][/QUOTE]

I see. Newbie here, it's good to know. Thanks!

8. v1nc3nt_3d

v1nc3nt_3d

The character is not a Mixamo character, but if follows a similar rig set-up. I did set the Skinned Mesh Renderer component's Root Bone to the Hips, but the lag continues to persist. I've also tried just added non-rigged objects as children of bones e.g. adding a Watch to the ForeArm bone, where the Watch is just a model with no rig. The lag issue persists in this scenario as well.
    It also appears as though the deeper the nested hierarchy, the more lag.
    I tried using the Parent Constraint component along with moving the child object up to the root level, but the lagging persists :(

9. DevFernandoEstrada

DevFernandoEstrada

Excellent, thanks

10. bence02

bence02

Dear Olix4242,

I bought the product today, it's an awesome plugin. I use Unity 2018.2, and in either of my scenes I experience a red message after capture panorama and got only grey picture after 10 minutes rendering:
    "unity d3d11 failed to create render texture primary dsv"

I chose "still image" and 8k. Can you help me what can causes this message? I installed your update package already.

Thank you very much!

11. bence02

bence02

The exact code is:
    D3D11: Failed to create render texture primary DSV (error 0x80070057)

12. bence02

bence02

It means out of memory, I checked my config too, this settings eats 32gb memory, so I have to go to buy +16GB Memory:D

13. Autarkis

Autarkis

For the VR panorama RT, would an elgato card work for the capture?
    I also need to render 8k by 1k. I'd rather capture at that resolution ( probably less intensive?) than have to crop things out later :). Is that possible?

14. JumpingGuy

JumpingGuy

Great product. I've been using this for years now and it's a regular part of my workflow. Thanks.
    I have a question about the new video player sync script as opposed to the older scrub script.

I am exporting my cinemachine timeline based scenes with multiple video player assets via the "Animation Capture/PNGS" and then manually cllicking the Encode button for reasons below.

With the new video player sync script, it's adding 5 extra frames at the beginning of the exported frames. It 2 or 3 with the old scrub script. The problem with this now is that if I delete all 5 frames, the encode script won't work. So I delete 4 frames and am left with a blank frame at the beginning of each exported video clip.

Any tips or tricks on how to reduce blank frames at the beginning of the exports or how to convince the encoding to work from frame 0005? (See attached sample screenshot.)

Thanks again

15. lucasfrancops

lucasfrancops

Does VR Panorama works on standalone builds for PC and Mac?

16. olix4242

olix4242

Actually nothing changed in a scrub script. Probably unity introduced some changes to their video player or different codecs/resolutions have different loading times.

I've made a small script that let's you choose first frame for encoding. Just add it after "VR Capture" component and run it.

Attached Files:

JumpingGuy likes this.
  17. olix4242

olix4242

Not all modes work. you can use RT module (the one that renders onto screen an unwrapped image) and you can use screenshooting utility (single images). But it could be scripted to extend it's functionality. All in all it works, but it isn't intended for this purpose. Namely, you don't want to fill your users HD with gigabytes of images and videos, and you can't know what hardware does a final user have. It could be really risky to run VR Panorama, as it can bee resource intensive.
    What would be your usage case?

18. olix4242

olix4242

I'm not familiar with elgato cards. But i think that a max resolution has to be 4K (ultra HD) with a 4k version of Elgato.
    Capture hardware usually supports a set of common resolutions, and you can't use custom resolutions other than the ones supported.

19. olix4242

olix4242

Your graphics hardware is probably running out of Video memory. Or your settings for quality vs. speed are set too high. For 8k you should try by using value of 8 to max 16 and see if it works.
    What GPU are you using?

20. JumpingGuy

JumpingGuy

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! It worked perfect! (My wife says I need to send you pizza or chocolate or something to say thanks!) I appreciate the constant help and quick responses. Thanks again.

olix4242 likes this.
  21. ADMIINC

ADMIINC

I did 360 stereo video rendering.
    But Unity is down.
    And this message came out.

upload_2018-8-21_23-0-2.png
    upload_2018-8-21_23-4-3.png

22. ADMIINC

ADMIINC

Attached Files:

23. olix4242

olix4242

24. ADMIINC

ADMIINC

25. olix4242

olix4242

It should be able to render. But I still didn't try 2018.2.2f1 version.

26. Fonefen

Fonefen

It is fantastic that you have fixed the system to capture HDRP, what configuration have you used? What post effects are you activated? Could you share a screenshot of the configuration? Thank you very much.

27. tektonspace

tektonspace

Hi, thanks a million for awesome VR recording asset.

Any news on HQ stereo stitch function?
    My render has very noticeable Seam at the side and I found no solution to this except using a HQ stereo stitch function. But then another problem arises, It seems the final result(using HQ stereo stitch function) doesn't consider IP distance correctly anymore. When viewed in VR headset, object is all out of focus. What did I do wrong?

Cheers.

28. tivonrice

tivonrice

Could you provide details on solving this audio problem? I am having the same issue with 2x speed/pitch. How does one fix the output configuration? Thanks!

29. olix4242

olix4242

Can you provide some screenshots? It's really hard to guess what happens without them :(

30. olix4242

olix4242

You have to keep only effects that can work in 360 and turn off others that don't relate to 360.

Ones to keep:
    -bloom
    -tonemapping
    -Ambient occlusion
    -Motion Blur

Ones to turn off:
    -Auto Exposure (you don't want this one as it won't work correctly and you would prefer to adjust tonemapping manually)
    -Vignete (Can't exist in 360)
    -Grain (ruins image quality for 360)
    -Chromatic aberration (same as the above)

Ones that can work, but is better not to use them:
    -Depth of field (360 videos physically have an infinite DOF. As DOF relates closely to a FOV, 360 video should have infinite DOF - everything should be in focus. It can be used as creative effect, but then a DOF distance should be set manually.

31. olix4242

olix4242

You have to look into VR Panorama manual - it caontains section that explains how to setup your audio hardware.
    I can't help much on specific hardware, as setting one audio card can be quite different than setting another audio card and for this you should look into hardware manual.
    You have to know that Unity audio system hooks pretty obscurely into audio hardware, and to be able to use it correctly, you have to dig into drivers section of your operating system and manufacturer drivers. You can set sample rate and speaker configurations from Unity, but if this configuration isn't set the same in hardware drivers, they will be overriden. This means that you can set, for example, a quad audio in unity, but if your hardware actually can't play in quad surround, Unity will ignore quad setup and play in stereo. But it will report that it's playing quad - when it actually isn't playing in quad. So there is no any way to use automatic configuration.

32. scobot

scobot

I'm having an issues using "solid color" (blue or any) - I don't want a skybox. Just renders black with a very slight hint of some sort of 360 patch/stich (don't know) in the image. I am using Unity 2018.1.4f1 with latest VRPano patch. Thanks. img00246636722752621269231Screenshot.jpg

33. olix4242

olix4242

Sorry, I don't understand quite o lot what you mean. Are you having problems when using camera with a solid color background? If I'm not wrong, then you should check if your background color has Alpha color set to full alpha. Otherwise it might not render. Also, try switching your camera to Deferred. Be sure that you have selected Use Depth Buffer in VR Capture component.

scobot likes this.
  34. scobot

scobot

I bet this was something to look at. Thank you for the tip!

I ended up installing an old version, V1.9, of VRPanorama Pro and it works great in Unity 2018.1.4f1 so will use that for the current project. I'll make sure to follow your recommendations if I run into issues with the newer version.

Thanks again for your reply.

35. DigitalNerds80

DigitalNerds80

Hi OliVr.
    We have purchased your product, we are very happy with it, presenting an impressive speed and quality. (pacth 2018 applied).

Unfortunately we have a problem with the stitching in the recording phase of a video with 360 mono, in the 2 stitches there is always an artifact that with the addition of the moviemnto caamera turns into a visual twirl.

Attached I send you a couple of settings and artefacato screens.
    You can advise me how and if you can solve it.

Thank you in advance
    Ps the remaining functions are perfect.

Attached Files:

36. Sephy

Sephy

Is it possible to render out still images of more than 8k in quality?
    I've been trying 16384 x 8192 but it keeps freezing (no errors, but can't exit out of playmode on the editor) and the output file is a grey image.

Trying to do this with a monoscopic 360 in jpg format

37. pinkkongstudios

pinkkongstudios

Hi OliVR,

I have bought and been using your asset. The video is not rendering out H264 or Samsung Gear VR option. This is when I use it with the audio track. It works when I am not rendering the audio with it.

Can you advise on this please?

Thanks,

Niamh

38. pinkkongstudios

pinkkongstudios

Hi,

Also to be clear, here is the code... is there something that needs to be changed to get the function to work?

GUILayout.EndVertical();
    Code (CSharp):
    1.                 GUILayout.EndVertical();
    2.             }
    4.             if (VRP.captureType == VRPanorama.VRCapture.VRCaptureList.AnimationCapture)
    5.             {
    6.                 GUILayout.BeginVertical("box");
    8.                 VRP.encodeToMp4 = EditorGUILayout.Toggle(new GUIContent("Encode H.264 video after rendering", "Encode H.246 video after rendering finishes"), VRP.encodeToMp4);
    9.                 GUILayout.Label("H.264 Movie Export Options");
    10.                 VRP.Mp4Bitrate = EditorGUILayout.IntField(new GUIContent("H.264 Bitrate", "MP4 Bitrate"), VRP.Mp4Bitrate);
    12.                 //    string fullPath = Path.GetFullPath(string.Format(@"{0}/", VRP.Folder));
    13.                 string ffmpegPath = Application.dataPath + "\\VRPanorama\\StreamingAssets\\";
    15.                 if (GUILayout.Button("Encode H.246 Video From Existing sequence "))
    16.                 {
    18.                     if (System.IO.File.Exists(VRP.Folder + "/" + VRP.Folder + ".wav"))
    19.                     {
    21.                         System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ffmpegPath + "ffmpeg", " -f image2" + " -framerate " + VRP.FPS + " -i \"" + VRP.fullPath + VRP._prefix + "%05d" + VRP.formatString + " -i \"" + VRP.fullPath + VRP.Folder + ".wav" + "\"" + " -r " + VRP.FPS + " -vcodec libx264 -y -pix_fmt yuv420p -b:v " + VRP.Mp4Bitrate + "k" + " -c:a aac  -strict experimental  -b:a 192k -shortest " + " \"" + VRP.fullPath + VRP.Folder + ".mp4\"");
    22.                     }
    23.                     else System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ffmpegPath + "ffmpeg", " -f image2" + " -framerate " + VRP.FPS + " -i \"" + VRP.fullPath + VRP._prefix + "%05d" + VRP.formatString + " -r " + VRP.FPS + " -vcodec libx264 -y -pix_fmt yuv420p -b:v " + VRP.Mp4Bitrate + "k" + " \"" + VRP.fullPath + VRP.Folder + ".mp4\"");
    24.                 }
    26.                 if (GUILayout.Button("Create GIF animation "))
    27.                 {
    30.                     System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ffmpegPath + "ffmpeg", " -f image2" + " -framerate " + VRP.FPS + " -i \"" + VRP.fullPath + VRP._prefix + "%05d" + VRP.formatString + "" + " \"" + VRP.fullPath + VRP.Folder + ".gif\"");
    31.                 }
    35.                 if (GUILayout.Button("Encode best quality video for Gear VR from 4k sequence"))
    36.                 {
    38.                     if (System.IO.File.Exists(VRP.Folder + "/" + VRP.Folder + ".wav"))
    39.                     {
    42.                         System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ffmpegPath + "ffmpeg", " -f image2" + " -framerate " + VRP.FPS + " -i \"" + VRP.fullPath + VRP._prefix + "%05d" + VRP.formatString + " -i \"" + VRP.fullPath + VRP.Folder + ".wav" + "\"" + " -vf scale=3480:1920 " + " -r " + VRP.FPS + " -vcodec libx264 -y -pix_fmt yuv420p -b:v " + VRP.Mp4Bitrate + "k" + " -c:a aac -strict experimental -b:a 192k -shortest " + " \"" + VRP.fullPath + VRP.Folder + "_360_TB.mp4\"");
    44.                     }
    46.                     else System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ffmpegPath + "ffmpeg", " -f image2" + " -framerate " + VRP.FPS + " -i \"" + VRP.fullPath + VRP._prefix + "%05d" + VRP.formatString + " -vf scale=3480:1920 " + " -r " + VRP.FPS + " -vcodec libx264 -y -pix_fmt yuv420p -b:v " + VRP.Mp4Bitrate + "k \"" + VRP.fullPath + VRP.Folder + "_360_TB.mp4\"");
    47.                 }
    51.                 GUILayout.EndVertical();

39. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I have a project that I am looking at doing that will take 4k YouTube videos and output them into a format for a virtual tour for the GearVR system. Would this asset work by capturing them and then rendering them appropriately? I plan on running the VR tour on a Samsung Galaxy S7 with the GearVR solution. I just want to make sure that I can capture the 4k YouTube videos, download them in 4k format and then include them from within my Unity Project so that no steaming is required.

40. olix4242

olix4242

You can do this, but you have to set Performance vs quality slider to 8.

41. olix4242

olix4242

Sometimes unityu glitches with audio - if this happens, you should play a WAV file that CScape made and see if it runs. Rasons can be different, from audio configuration, to some scripts that manage audio and clash with a internal audio system.

42. olix4242

olix4242

Sorry but I don't get your question. You can capture unity scenes from inside Unity, but this plugin doesn't do anything with playing them. And also, it doesn't capture anything from youtube. But, probably I missunderstood your question.

43. olix4242

olix4242

This isn't related to VR Panorama. Some video players (like youtube) add this distortion to every video. What 360 player are you using?

44. DigitalNerds80

DigitalNerds80

Hi OLIVR.
    Unfortunately, the seam is present in the individual frames, the readers use a lot from the oculus go, the gearvr youtube, vimeo, player windows 10 360 ect and all have distortion in the seam.

kindly let us know how to proceed.

45. olix4242

olix4242

I don't think that it can be corrected in any way as this is due on how pixels get interpolated in a player. You will always get some distortion on poles of the image (on top and bottom). This is due how a spherical unwrapping works for a 360 video, and how it gets processed inside player - and this happens where 4000 pixels meet each other and average in one way or the another. Graphics card have to choose what pixel it want's to use (from 4000 pixels it has to choose Each player will average them differently so there is no any pattern that can be followed to correct this issue. Because if it works for one player, it won't work for another, and may even make this distortion worse. Most players use a sphere mesh to project video, and this sphere mesh has one single vertex where all quads meet. This is where a quad becomes a tringle, and inevitably gets distorted.
    Only way to avoid this is to do some heavy blurring or masking (with a shadow) in a post process. Also, best way to avoid is to use low frequency detail on a bottom of an image.

46. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Hi,

HQ stereo render stitch is a good feature but when I used is take so much time to render frames.
    So can you suggest workaround solution to save my production time?

47. DrMario

DrMario

Is not working any more using equidistant mono. It crash when 2 images are created.

Attached Files:

48. olix4242

olix4242

49. olix4242

olix4242

It really depends. Do you really need HQ stitching? How much do you need it? If you don't have any close objects, there is no need to use it.. You can try different settings to speed things up. What are the current settings?

50. HoldensWesley

HoldensWesley

Hi I'm having some problems with encrypting failing the the video from the rendered image sequence.The images are all in 8k under 90fps.
    This is what was on the console:

ffmpeg version N-86122-g25c81e4b73 Copyright (c) 2000-2017 the FFmpeg developers
    built with gcc 6.3.0 (Rev3, Built by MSYS2 project)
    configuration: --enable-avisynth --enable-gcrypt --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopus --enable-libvorbis --enable-libx264 --enable-cuda --enable-cuvid --enable-schannel --enable-gpl --disable-debug
    libavutil 55. 63.100 / 55. 63.100
    libavcodec 57. 96.101 / 57. 96.101
    libavformat 57. 72.101 / 57. 72.101
    libavdevice 57. 7.100 / 57. 7.100
    libavfilter 6. 90.100 / 6. 90.100
    libswscale 4. 7.101 / 4. 7.101
    libswresample 2. 8.100 / 2. 8.100
    libpostproc 54. 6.100 / 54. 6.100
    Input #0, image2, from 'D:\Unity\VR\NewerRecordingTest\VR_Sequence\img%05d.png':
    Duration: 00:00:04.99, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0:0: Video: png, rgb24(pc), 8192x8192, 90 tbr, 90 tbn, 90 tbc
    Stream mapping:
    Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (png (native) -> h264 (libx264))
    Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
    [libx264 @ 00000236ab03c5c0] frame MB size (512x512) > level limit (36864)-0.0kbits/s speed=N/A
    [libx264 @ 00000236ab03c5c0] DPB size (4 frames, 1048576 mbs) > level limit (0 frames, 184320 mbs)
    [libx264 @ 00000236ab03c5c0] MB rate (23592960) > level limit (2073600)
    [libx264 @ 00000236ab03c5c0] using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 SSE4.2 AVX FMA3 AVX2 LZCNT BMI2
    [libx264 @ 00000236ab03c5c0] profile High, level 5.2
    [libx264 @ 00000236ab03c5c0] 264 - core 148 r2762 90a61ec - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC codec - Copyleft 2003-2017 - http://www.videolan.org/x264.html - options: cabac=1 ref=3 deblock=1:0:0 analyse=0x3:0x113 me=hex subme=7 psy=1 psy_rd=1.00:0.00 mixed_ref=1 me_range=16 chroma_me=1 trellis=1 8x8dct=1 cqm=0 deadzone=21,11 fast_pskip=1 chroma_qp_offset=-2 threads=18 lookahead_threads=3 sliced_threads=0 nr=0 decimate=1 interlaced=0 bluray_compat=0 constrained_intra=0 bframes=3 b_pyramid=2 b_adapt=1 b_bias=0 direct=1 weightb=1 open_gop=0 weightp=2 keyint=250 keyint_min=25 scenecut=40 intra_refresh=0 rc_lookahead=40 rc=abr mbtree=1 bitrate=50000 ratetol=1.0 qcomp=0.60 qpmin=0 qpmax=69 qpstep=4 ip_ratio=1.40 aq=1:1.00
    Output #0, mp4, to 'D:\Unity\VR\NewerRecordingTest\VR_Sequence\VR_Sequence_360_TB.mp4':
    Metadata:
    encoder : Lavf57.72.101
    Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (libx264) ([33][0][0][0] / 0x0021), yuv420p, 8192x8192, q=-1--1, 50000 kb/s, 90 fps, 11520 tbn, 90 tbc
    Metadata:
    encoder : Lavc57.96.101 libx264
    Side data:
    cpb: bitrate max/min/avg: 0/0/50000000 buffer size: 0 vbv_delay: -1
    x264 [error]: malloc of size 204547552 failede=00:00:00.00 bitrate=N/A speed= 0x
    Video encoding failed

Cheers!