Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] UniStorm 5.2 - AAA Volumetric Clouds, URP Support, Weather, Sky, Atmospheric Fog, & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. ER_Smith

ER_Smith

Is it possible for users to be above the cloud layer?

2. iceasson

iceasson

How do you get it to work on 2D URP template?
    the template already comes with a 2d renderer. Am i to override the 2D renderer with whats shown on the guidelines?
    Wouldnt that mean i lose the 2d features?

Before importing the UniStorm URP UnityPackage, you have to create your own Universal Render Pipeline Asset. If you have already created one, you can skip this step.

To do this, right click within the Project tab and go to Create>Rendering>Universal Render Pipeline>Pipeline Asset (Forward Renderer):

3. liuyao

liuyao

I followed the instructions to set up Unistorm in URP, but the options shown in the image are missing.
    unity:2021.3.18f1c1 unistorm:5.2.0
    upload_2023-10-17_18-32-41.png upload_2023-10-17_18-33-10.png

4. mgear

mgear

some issues with vr (2021.3.19f1, birp, openvr, multipass)

it seems like sun "gradient" in the sky is in different position for left eye?
    (actual sun disc is correct, but the orange "gradient" around sun is not)
    and that makes clouds towards sun have different shading per eye..

5. kev345252

kev345252

Thanks for the suggestion. (& sorry for 3 months delayed response!)

I revisited this issue in my game and spent most of the day trying to get both the particle collisions to achieve the no weather indoors thing, and experimented with planes to collide with them and alternate methods with a particle killing collider, but couldn't get anything I tried working right. The documentation has no info on this either.

I can't waste any more production time on this, and I'm still a relative beginner to Unity, so best working solution I came up with was putting all the precipitation particles on their own layer and then when the player enters a box collider it triggers a brief script that removes the precip layer from the culling mask to disappear the weather.

Not ideal, as there are a lot of windows in my buildings so you'll never be able to see precipitation looking out the windows from indoors with this method, but it'll have to do for now, before my brain explodes.

6. Marek_Bakalarczuk

Marek_Bakalarczuk

Can I use it with HDRP and if there is possibility to go through clouds?

7. BHS

BHS

A HDRP version is currently in development. With the HDRP version, you will be able to fly through the clouds.

8. mikawendt

mikawendt

Hey BHS

I have the same kinda problem that
    aganm had 2 years ago.

My water is partly transparent and wont be effected by the fog.
    If I put the Fog after transparent, as you suggested to aganm, my rain/snow and sun/moon objects dont show

Additionally render textures wont show up in my screen space canvas, unless the fog is set to Before Opaques

And do you have any documentation on how to set up cloud shadows? I cant find anything on the topic?

Unity 2022.3 URP

Last edited: Mar 9, 2024
  9. madcorner

madcorner

It might be a Unity bug, but I found this

```
    ArgumentException: The Object you want to instantiate is null.
    UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate (UnityEngine.Object original, UnityEngine.Vector3 position, UnityEngine.Quaternion rotation) (at <f7237cf7abef49bfbb552d7eb076e422>:0)
    UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate[T] (T original, UnityEngine.Vector3 position, UnityEngine.Quaternion rotation) (at <f7237cf7abef49bfbb552d7eb076e422>:0)
    UniStorm.UniStormSystem.InitializeUniStorm () (at Assets/3rdParties/UniStorm Weather System/Scripts/System/UniStormSystem.cs:724)
    UniStorm.UniStormSystem.Start () (at Assets/3rdParties/UniStorm Weather System/Scripts/System/UniStormSystem.cs:471)
    ```

I can find `UniStorm Auroras` file in `Resources` folder, but it cant be loaded.

So I have to change its name and source to something else to make it able to load the resource

10. madcorner

madcorner

Oh, it maybe because the shader file name `UniStorm Auroras` is also in `Resources` folder too.

11. mattxreality

mattxreality

I am having trouble getting UniStorm to work in VR. I am using Unity 2022.3 and a Quest 3 headset. I have tested both as an APK exported build and Runtime from the computer (Oculus App PCVR). Neither work in VR. Is there any advice on specifically setting up UniStorm for Virtual Reality?

koh80006 likes this.
  12. drsalvation

drsalvation

This is a very old issue but it's the closest one I'm having right now, some people were able to fix it in URP, but now that Crest is in Built-in, I'm not seeing the option in Unistorm to change the fog render settings.

13. devnullprod

devnullprod

Hello Unistorm lovers! Be sure to checkout the Ultimate Unity Plugin Guide (just released by Dev Null Productions) which has a comprehensive reference to the UniStorm plugin... a must read for anyone interested in maximizing usage of this amazing asset!

If you like it, please give us a follow on linkedin and twitter, and be sure to checkout our assets!

14. ImminentWaffle

ImminentWaffle

15. kayrah87

kayrah87

I have purchased this to use in a VRChat world, but whilst it works fine in ClientSim, when I build and publish the world the weather does not work.
    Is it because it uses the built in render pipeline, or do you think it's that the player may not be tagged as a player?

16. scrup

scrup

Any plans to fix cloud shadows for URP or would I be better off finding a separate solution for that?

VRchat last I checked filters out anything not on the white list. Unistorm is not on the white list, so it probably wont run. I'm a joint in so brain not work too well, but basically the shaders should all work but any monobehaviors behind them won't.
    https://creators.vrchat.com/worlds/whitelisted-world-components/