Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

This person is in all his right to complain because when I buy the asset I buy it with the condition of having the four updates with date of delivery of each update as well as all those who bought the asset more than a year ago. then this was modified for all other users and the delivery dates were removed.

2. monkyfizt

monkyfizt

That ist not true. You can check the asset store terms. If you buy an asset you buy it as it is. You don't buy it for the updates. We've already had this discussion in here!

3. LittleMike

LittleMike

Really? Sorry, but you are 100% in the wrong whether you like it or not. Check the Unity Asset store terms of service. And on top of that, this thread is for support, not for a bitch fest. Did you contact the support email address about it? Did you contact Unity support for it? Because this thread is not for complaining that you want something that you don't deserve.

4. TheSeawolf

TheSeawolf

Hello everyone, can anyone point me to the post which fixes the very low FPS when you install US into your Gaia terrain.

On their own, specifically the US demo scene I get 70fps, but when I install to my Gaia terrain I always get 26fps in a new project.

5. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Everyone is right in their own way. There is no reason to start this discussion again.
    There's nothing we can do other than move forward and focus on making better decisions.

In about one week we will post the first update for 0.2. We'll continue uploading weekly or every two weeks until we're done.

6. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

Have you tried to import Gaia into a project alone and see if the same thing happens?

The same thing happened to me with Gaia, and it was for the lighting, deactivate Realtime Lighting and Mixed Lighting and generate the lightmaps again, after that try.

in my case, the fps problem was solved
    a greeting.

BackwoodsGaming and jesseganey like this.
  7. Brandon_Powell

Brandon_Powell

you are correct, and sorry for stirring up problems

8. OfficialAshez

OfficialAshez

Yes, he definitely have rights to complain, but do so by email. Nothing we others need to take part of in a forum.

I've also had this asset for almost a year now, the only thing i do is asking Winterbyte how its going and if I can offer help in any possible way.

Please wait and stop complaining because it does not help.

9. OfficialAshez

OfficialAshez

Totaly right,

I appreciate that you will update Ultimate Survival soon.
    Looking forward to it!

Good Job. :D

10. nathanjams

nathanjams

@Winterbyte312 and/or @TheMessyCoder

I have a question, i hope you don't mind.

I just implemented @TheMessyCoder's backpack modification to increase and decrease inventory size and it's great.

Now I'm trying to change the Image Sprite behind the inventory depending on if there is a bag added the character or not. I added an Icon field to the Property Editor by adding:

Code (CSharp):
    1. else if (typeToEnum == ItemProperty.Type.Sprite)
    2.                 DrawSpriteProperty(rect, itemProperty.FindPropertyRelative("m_Sprite"));
    and

Code (CSharp):
    1. private static void DrawSpriteProperty(Rect position, SerializedProperty property)
    2.         {
    3.             position.width = 128f;
    4.             EditorGUI.PropertyField(position, property, GUIContent.none);
    5.         }
    and also adding the required fields to the ItemProperty script. That part all seems to work, i think.

The problem is how to grab the Sprite, which is assigned to the inventory item through the property editor, seen here:

I'm trying to use this line:

Code (CSharp):
    1. icon = holder.CurrentItem.GetPropertyValue("Icon").Sprite;
    but it throws this error
    :

I'm pretty sure it's close but I just can't get my head around this. If you have any suggestions on how to access the sprite file I would be most grateful

Thank you,

Nathan

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  11. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

I wait without saying anything, which I will not allow a user of this forum to be riddled with. instead of saying what you just said. which is what is well said.

12. LittleMike

LittleMike

A common misconception is that these developers make a lot of money off these assets. They really don't. So as far as your free time comment goes - it probably IS developed in his spare time while the rest of his time is devoted to his real job.

But anyway, the point is, there is a time and place for those kinds of complaints. That's through email. This thread is for support on the asset's usage, not to complain about updates that aren't out yet. The Unity Asset store says that you buy an asset as-is barring any bugs that break the asset. Past that, anything else you get is generosity on the part of the developer. People need to remember that before posting in this forum.

wagnerlee and jesseganey like this.
  13. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Send the modified ItemProperty and CharacterEquipment scripts.

Candac59 and nathanjams like this.
  14. TheSeawolf

TheSeawolf

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I'll try that.

@Winterbyte312 , I have found which file which it is happening with, it is the GUI folder/crafting menu/scroll view/viewpoint/crafting list.

I am using Unity 2017.2.0f3 with only Gaia and Ultimate Survival installed.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  15. OfficialAshez

OfficialAshez

ReZult, I do understand the letdowns when the release dates are promised and not happening. I also hate asset flippers and agree with you there.

Vladimir & ReZult, im sorry for the rude attitude. Have a nice holiday ;)

VladimirGameStudio likes this.
  16. AlexLTS

AlexLTS

Hello guys, i am curious if anyone tried to used that kit for a mobile game(android)? I am working on that, but it seems very difficult with the touch controls or it's really easy and i didnt find out yet?! Does anyone know?

17. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

0.2 will be out soon and 0.2.1 I believe will have mobile controls

18. ReZult_Studios

ReZult_Studios

That is true and I'm not saying he makes a lot of money off it i am saying we paid money for it so he should work a lot on it "as he has" Don't get me wrong i think winterbyte is the best asset creator I have seen and i do agree that complaints belong in the emails.

19. ReZult_Studios

ReZult_Studios

Hey man its all good! And have a great holiday also! \

OfficialAshez likes this.
  20. AlexLTS

AlexLTS

Oh.. i am trying by myself but it's kinda hard.. uhm should i wait? @Winterbyte312 ? any advice?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  21. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Let me know what you've tried and I will help. I'll start a conversation.

AlexLTS and Crede-Pendrel like this.
  22. LittleMike

LittleMike

Gotcha. I understand the frustration. I'm just tired of this thread getting clogged with complaints about updates.

He said he's working on it, so we just have to be patient, as hard as that can be sometimes ;)

23. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

I'm just getting really ancy ;) lol

erichey likes this.
  24. nathanjams

nathanjams

Edit: I got it figured out. I was over complicating it and rather than looking for the Sprite in the properties i just grabbed the sprite from Itemdata.icon.

Much much easier.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  25. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

Hey, @Winterbyte312 ...just curious about how flexible the save/load system will be. Can it be used save things like whether or not a tree/rock has been destroyed, player position, and so on or is it strictly for inventory and building pieces?

26. nathanjams

nathanjams

27. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

It can save inventory, building pieces, entities (player, animals, cannibals), interactive objects (campfire, crafting bench, loot crate), destructible objects (tree, rock, barrel, crate)

28. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

Feeling like a little boy waiting to open that wrapped up box under the Christmas tree lol cant wait :)

29. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

That's awesome! Sounds like it covers all my needs.

30. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

Oh, and just in case anyone is wondering, US seems to work just fine with the "official" Unity 2017.3. I'm also using Gaia, Gena, CTS, Dialogue System, and others and haven't run across a single issue yet. There are some new features that will probably be helpful to a lot of us, like the .FBX exporter. Before you had to use a separate program to convert an .FBX into a format that can be loaded in Blender. Now you can do it within Unity, speeding up your workflow just a smidge. Every second counts!

31. jrackley

jrackley

Wanted to ask some questions as far as what may be causing these issues if anyone can help here.

1. Whenever the very first attack from an enemy happens, there is a very long freeze (after that no more freezing).
    2. Whenever you push ESC to show the cursor, the player can no longer move, you have to hit TAB to go into inventory and back out again to be able to move again.
    3. The first shot with the Bow has a major freeze when it hits the target(afterwards no more freezing).

These freezes are very annoying and unacceptable for a game to be released as it would cause way to much frustration from the player and make for a poor experience.
    I am not "knocking" the asset by any means, just trying to find the cause for these issues and resolve them. The asset itself is wonderful and "hopefully", the update will be even better!
    Before anyone asks, my computer is more than capable of handling these things(i7-7700k liquid cooled, 16gb ram, and gtx 1060) runs any game flawlessly.
    Hope this post does not sound rude as that is not my intention. And thank you to anyone in advance for advice on these issues.

Will-D-Ramsey likes this.
  32. wizard40

wizard40

I think the "freeze" only happens when you are in editor because I have the same problem but it only happens on editor for me

33. thenamesace

thenamesace

there is a fix for this a few pages back check through the thread

jrackley likes this.
  34. gegebel

gegebel

Too many things are dependant on Instantiate. I think @Winterbyte312 could improve his pooler.

jrackley and Brandon_Powell like this.
  35. bigd53618

bigd53618

what wood I have to do to get a xbox one controller to work ?

36. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

There are many helpful youtube videos about setting up controller input. Ive done it before but it was a while ago so the videos are your best bet.

37. gegebel

gegebel

There's some work because of the heavy use of UI. Besides that, piece of cake.

Brandon_Powell likes this.
  38. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

@Winterbyte312 Hi
    So Christmas is pretty close, are we still getting before the weekend?
    Kind Regards

39. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

We're close to finish the things we want to upload. I'm a little tired and not working at full capacity honestly so I can't guarantee we'll upload before Christmas :) But as I said it'll be around Christmas.

40. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Before Christmas or after is gonna be a happy holiday!

Candac59 likes this.
  41. AmzerZo

AmzerZo

I like to hear the word honesty. it's so simple, clear. good luck for the last preparation.

Happy end of year party to you.
    And thank you for the work provided.

Candac59 likes this.
  42. ReZult_Studios

ReZult_Studios

Candac59 and danreid70 like this.
  43. Candac59

Candac59

we have been patient so far, do not stress more for a few days, I imagine that the majority of us will enjoy Christmas. take the time you need and enjoy Christmas too :)

44. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

Awesome no stress, thanx enjoy the Christmas and festive seasons. to all :)

45. nomax5

nomax5

Have a good chrimbo matey,
    Chill
    Recover
    Hit it hard in the New Year

Thats my plan anyways

Merry Xmas everyone !!

46. jesseganey

jesseganey

Have a great Christmas . Dont stress. Thanks for all your hard work.

47. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Merry Christmas to all

LittleMike and Brandon_Powell like this.
  48. uni7y

uni7y

Merry Xmas all and have fun with the new update! I'm free today for 2 weeks so I will have fun for sure!

49. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

man, rest in these parties and leave the update for after the holidays, there will be time to work, now is the time to be with the people you love, rest and live ...

Happy holidays for everyone!

danreid70 and jesseganey like this.
  50. csharpstudios

csharpstudios

Hey, how do I go about setting up voxel land with the AIs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.