Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Survival Game Template v1.1 - make your own survival game!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NordicLi, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Gavriel

Gavriel

Hi, I can't seem to make new enemies work, they're simply not spawning. What could I be doing wrong?

I downloaded the free Compsognathus package from the asset store and followed all the instructions from the manual.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  2. NordicLi

NordicLi

Hello Gavriel!

You need to add your mob to the tab "Mobs" in script "Mobs Spawner" in Prefabs -> Player.

Gavriel likes this.
  3. Gavriel

Gavriel

Working now. Thanks.

4. johny256

johny256

next Update?

5. Gavriel

Gavriel

So now the new creature is spawning and animating, but hits doesn't seem to be working. The shots hit the collider but nothing happens, and the player is not being hit as welll. I'm obviously missing some simple config here.

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  6. NordicLi

NordicLi

Now we can not say for sure.

Assign "Enemy" tag to your mob, most likely problem in this.

Last edited: May 26, 2016
    Gavriel likes this.
  7. Gavriel

Gavriel

Perfect. Made a copy of the prefab and forgot to add the tag. Thank you.

8. DecayGame

DecayGame

What will the next update include? and when will it be released?

9. TechSins

TechSins

10. NordicLi

NordicLi

In one-two weeks.
    The update will contain:
    PvP, day/night cycle, trees growing, pop-up messages when picked up item and few fixed bugs.

This is not the first project that we have seen, we are glad that people are making their own games based on template.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  11. DecayGame

DecayGame

No saving ? ;( would that be hard to implament myself.?

12. Darkworth

Darkworth

13. TechSins

TechSins

Hahaha yeah that is very true :p

14. NordicLi

NordicLi

We've never done saving system before.
    We do not know what level of programming you need for this, but you can try to look on XML Serialization.

15. JrGameCZ

JrGameCZ

Looks interesting for me, been following for a few couple weeks. I have a few questions:
    Do you intend on adding things like:
    1.NPC
    2.Question system
    3.Dialog system
    4.FPS shooting like UFPS asset?
    5.Ai vs Ai
    6.Interface in unity for easy create (manipulate) with options.
    If so, I wait and buy. :)

16. DecayGame

DecayGame

alright il look at XML Serialization.
    Thanks for the help :)

17. fahriabdillah

fahriabdillah

next update? pls add saving system.
    if new update release, i will buy this asset immediately :)

18. DecayGame

DecayGame

19. Sliceandkill

Sliceandkill

Destroying or dropping items when you drag them out of the inventory and some simple sell/buy system would be great too

20. anunnaki2016

anunnaki2016

i need buy this but please add photon

I can add it myself if photon?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  21. NordicLi

NordicLi

Thanks for the suggestions! We'll think about the implementation of this after the update.

Hello!
    We do not really like UNET, so after the update, we planned to better understand Photon and maybe use it in the template. But it will not be soon, we have a lot of work.

With Best Regards.

22. anunnaki2016

anunnaki2016

Amazing :) thanks i dont like to UNET ^^ so i go purchase in few days thanks my friend :)

23. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

I will suggest not using Photon or any other third party service. The shutdown of PARSE has teach us a lesson. I would prefer a OWN solution where people can install on their own server.

24. Almakos

Almakos

This is a very interesting asset, but without saves it's not exactly ready. I'll watch this thread though. I am not too interested in multiplayer to be honest but as long as it's a complete game with saves, loads, etc then it's of interest to me and probably others. Some sort of roadmap wouldn't hurt as well
    Have fun developing it further and wish you good luck!

reef99 and Xain like this.
  25. Xain

Xain

Hi , im planning to buy this asset but it's kinda expensive so i need to know somethings 1-)Can i change the character with UFPS ? 2-)I tried the Demo and i can't drag items in inventory that's kinda annoying can you fix it ? and 3-)Can i add or change items easily ? Other than that it looks great :) Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  26. NordicLi

NordicLi

Thank you, we will further think about it.

Thanks, we will develop saving system as soon as we understand how best to implement it.

1) Hard to say, we have not studied UFPS. In any case it will not be easy, because our character created specifically for the template.
    2) To move an item, click on it.
    3) Yes, you can.

27. NordicLi

NordicLi

Survival Game Template version 1.1b has been released!

V 1.1b:
    - Added Day and Night Cycle.
    - Added PvP.
    - Changed TempText.cs
    - Added pop-up messages when picked up item.
    - Added script for trees growing and “Sapling” item.
    - Fixed some bugs in singleplayer and multiplayer.

Xain and thenamesace like this.
  28. Xain

Xain

Thanks for answers i guess i'll buy it in a day or two.Can't wait for save & load. :D

29. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

hi my menu is not working i tryed every think wen i click on the singel player nothing hapen and when i click on multiplayer nothink happen to

30. Xain

Xain

You need to add scene to "Network Manager Changed" script.It's on the network gameobject.

31. Andrey_Kiselev

Andrey_Kiselev

Hello! I want to buy yours asset, but I don't know some things yet.

1) It is focused only on creation of my own server or supports peer-to-peer system too?

I am very much attracted by peer-to-peer system realized in "The Forest" by means of "Photon Bolt". There is in Your asset something similar?

2) Whether the future system of saving will support peer-to-peer system and not to depend on the server?

Thank You and Good luck with Your super asset)

Xain likes this.
  32. Rungsted93

Rungsted93

Hey would love if there was a setup guide for this :) I'm having quite the trouble setting it up to be honest :/ Some of it is not the dev's fault though. Also Unity giving me "the associated script cannot be loaded" even when i have no compiler errors...

However the Asset itself is of very high quality! Nice looking menu's, models etc.

Here are some suggestions i thought of:
    Save/load, More ways of doing Multiplayer, Factions system so you can make AI attack each other too (Optional so if you don't want it, it can simply be put off), Optional gold currency as well as vendors would be cool as well. Maybe even a leveling system with (talents) should of course be simple like "2% more damage" and stuff like that.

kevin8441 and arnesso like this.
  33. DecayGame

DecayGame

Please add saving otherways there is no point of me even start making a game please add ASAP. Thanks :)

34. vicapps

vicapps

Hi, I'm interested in this template, but without a saving / loading system it is quite useless. Could you tell me if you will add it? Thank you.

35. Walton

Walton

Hi can someone please help.. I am trying to play the example Offline scene and after i select single player from the menu is say's " I have died. The scene is missing a full screen camera" any help would be great thanks..

36. Xain

Xain

Did you change the single player map ? Because it should work after you select single player or multiplayer from menu.

37. Walton

Walton

No i have changed nothing i load up the level start to play select single player from the menu and thin it just says " You have Died. The scene is missing a full screen camera"

38. Sliceandkill

Sliceandkill

What is the easiest way to add new scenes to the project? ( new locations to travel to)

39. Walton

Walton

Have got the Example Offline scene to work. Can somebody please make a tutorial on how to make your own level as the user manual is not very helpful for newbies. have tried to follow the manual to make a Offline single player level.. NO WAY...

40. Xain

Xain

Yeah video tutorial would be great.I will start to work on my game in a couple days hope i don't get stuck and im sorry but i don't know the fix of that problem :(.Send mail to developer maybe they can fix.

41. JFR

JFR

Just bought the asset. Looks promising. Using Unity 5.4.0f3... When trying to run the build, I receive an error: Assets/Survival Game Template/Scripts/Network/NetworkManagerChanged.cs(29,30): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.Networking.Match.NetworkMatch.SetProgramAppID(UnityEngine.Networking.Types.AppID)' is obsolete: `This function is not used any longer to interface with the matchmaker. Please set up your project by logging in through the editor connect dialog.'

I have proceeded to properly link to the Unity Multiplayer Service and, as I understand, since 5.2 it is no longer necessary to manually set the Id manually. Furthermore, when I comment out the line networkMatch.SetProgramAppID(appid) and rebuild, I get the following error: Assets/Survival Game Template/Scripts/Network/NetworkManagerHUDChanged.cs(124,52): error CS1501: No overload for method `CreateMatch' takes `5' arguments

So my guess is that your network code is deprecated in the newest Unity version? Any ideas on how I could fix this, or do you have an update coming up? Thanks for any help!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  42. retired

retired

43. JFR

JFR

Why not making script methods virtual so we can override them with a wrapper class?

44. kevin8441

kevin8441

Im also having issues getting this off the ground, could someone please message me

45. JFR

JFR

Dunno if the dev is following this thread, but is there a quick and dirty way to start a map in single player mode without having to load the scene menu first? Just a way to test out the scene you're working on by using the FPS controller?

46. Xain

Xain

Any news on update ?

47. TechSins

TechSins

when will matchmaking be working properly??

48. uni7y

uni7y

I was planning to buy this but the dev is not really active (nearly 1 month) in this forum so that make me a bit nervous... I will wait for a while and see what happens with this asset

49. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

my guess, EOL

Xain likes this.
  50. johny256

johny256

Developer dead....

ashishkushwaha likes this.