Search Unity

1. Calling all beginners! Join the FPS Beginners Mods Challenge until December 13.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Cyber Week at the Asset Store!
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Real Ivy - Procedural Ivy Generation Tool

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Dynamite3D, Apr 25, 2017.

1. trilobyteme

trilobyteme

I'm so sorry to hear of the tax situation, but good luck with the move and new job, and here's hoping that once you get settled in you will find that you can re-open the business. Cheers!

wetcircuit likes this.
  2. Desert-Tiger-Games

Desert-Tiger-Games

I saw it now. Its really a sad thing to see this asset's fate :( .

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

France is a place amazing graphics, maths, culture, food happen do it will be a fun collision of French and Spanish ideas. Good luck with your move, and hurry up and throw this on github will you? Needy hands need to contribute and Fork ;)

4. Flurgle

Flurgle

Patreon is an another option. I'm ready to support you if you do that. Even if it's open sourced, you can guide the project, add stuff, etc.

5. f0ff886f

f0ff886f

Any chance this will make it up on Github? Seems like a great asset, would happily pay / Patreon it if its available beyond the store.

6. Hexer_

Hexer_

@Dynamite3D Good luck with everything! I'm pretty sure I know which country you were over-taxed in before the move as I was born there.. it can only be one EU country and starts with a letter C XD

Speaking of the asset itself, I still use it although not in Unity 2019 because of compatibility issues.
    I do all I need to in 2018 and export the results over to 2019

Flurgle likes this.
  7. Hexer_

Hexer_

UPDATE!
    Somehow Real Ivy works in 2019.3.0a8.
    Don't ask me how, it simply works flawlessly! :cool:

Lars-Steenhoff and Waterlane like this.
  8. Dynamite3D

Dynamite3D

Hello fellows!

I didn't watched this thread since my last post just before the move and maaan! thank you all for your words of support :D reading this kind of stuff is just amazing.

Sorry about my absence. But I have good news! Me and a friend of mine are working in a full new version of the tool, and it will be released in a couple of months. It will have a bunch of cool features and will be more powerful and scalable. I'll publish it along with Procedural Worlds, actually the plugin will be in their account, which is amazing and very promising. We started a conversation with Unity to try to transfer the property of the old plugin to their account and then undeprecate it, so people who already have purchased the old one is not affected by this move.

A little WIP

Actually is Spain hehehe. You meant Croacia, Chipre?

Hope you all are doing good. Cya and thanks!

Flurgle, corjn, chelnok and 7 others like this.
  9. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Thats some fantastic news!

SamRock likes this.
  10. Waterlane

Waterlane

Great News! Really pleased for the asset and that you are able to continue with it. :-D

11. Hexer_

Hexer_

Incredible news and thanks for the sneak peak of the new version!
    Looks awesome :)

I thought it was Croatia XD

12. f0ff886f

f0ff886f

Great news :) If you move the other asset over, what about providing it for free if it won't be for sale? I'm assuming you don't want to support the old code, but probably don't want to cannibalize the new asset either.

13. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Did this conversation with the asset store go anywhere?

The current "launch price" is almost double what I paid for this asset.

14. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Any discount vouchers for v1 users?

I'm happy to see it released!

Are there any plans for URP / HDRP support?

Waterlane likes this.
  15. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Hey there,

We are super excited to welcome @Dynamite3D and Real Ivy to the Procedural Worlds team! It was already an amazing product and this new version is even better :)

As part of this we will now be providing day to day support, and will be looking to improve its capability over time. For example, we are working on all new vegetation shaders with our other assets, and we will add in UWP, LW, HD and shaders as soon as we have them. If you already have your own then these will also work.

We would love to be able to offer existing users upgrades, but unfortunately cross account upgrades are not possible because of the way the asset store works. It can be done manually by Unity but they are generally very reluctant to do this, and the waiting time in the one instance where we were able to do this was about 10 months. As a mitigation, we have put Real Ivy on sale until the end of October.

We will also be shortly be delivering new tutorial video's and some cool new screen shots to show off how cool Real Ivy is. This was actually supposed to be a bit of a soft launch as we also delivered major upgrades to GeNa 2, and the all the Gaia Pro on the same day, so please be little patient while these come together.

Here are a couple of pictures from @S4G4N and his Village Exteriors Kit to give you a taste of how cool it is!

Ivy01.png

Ivy04.png

To ask us questions directly please come to our Discord here : https://discord.gg/rtKn8rw

Cheers,
    Adam.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    Flurgle, Waterlane and S4G4N like this.
  16. Dynamite3D

Dynamite3D

Hello again everyone.

Well as Adam said it wasn't possible. I'm very sorry guys. Hope you understand the circumstances.
    The price is higher but it's a much more powerful tool with a lot more of cool things, you'll see when the media in the store site is updated, and then you can decide if want to upgrade or not.

Thank you all for your support so far.

17. S4G4N

S4G4N

Absolutely love the package.
    Being an artist, I wanted something that is easy to use, yet deliver great looking results.
    Real Ivy 2 is all that.
    It instantly delivers a rustic, real environment result with a lived in look & feel.
    It makes my Village Exteriors Kit look even better.

Thanks for this great product @AdamGoodrich & @Dynamite3D

AdamGoodrich likes this.
  18. Dynamite3D

Dynamite3D

Very glad you like it :D means a lot coming from you.

S4G4N likes this.
  19. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Thanks for the answers, I will get the new version while its discounted.

I recommend fixing the link in the first forum post as it links to the deprecated package.

Dynamite3D and S4G4N like this.
  20. Waterlane

Waterlane

'great to see Real Ivy being taken on by Procedural Worlds. I'm really pleased about this - especially as it lets me feel more confident about its development in future (hdrp/U2019.3+...). It's a shame you can't give some reduction to existing owners, but understandable. 'looking forward to watching the ivy grow! :)
    Dave

SickaGamer likes this.
  21. punk

punk

22. Dynamite3D

Dynamite3D

Thanks a lot guys :D

Definitely I should xD. Thx for the advice.

23. Desert-Tiger-Games

Desert-Tiger-Games

I will be charged for the asset again for a double price. Thank you guys. I was having hard time deciding where to throw my money. You can give vouchers to owners. Instead you are giving us the same opportunity as fresh customer (10$ discount). Also there is no notificiation for it. So probably many owner will not see it before its over.

24. UserNobody

UserNobody

Looks awesome! Where can I acquire this plugin? The link to the AssetStore is no longer valid, the asset is not found / available :(

25. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I am previous owner but without a proper update price it's not worth it. That's a shame.

Desert-Tiger-Games likes this.
  26. Desert-Tiger-Games

Desert-Tiger-Games

Asset is now on page of procedural worlds. You can find it on asset store.

27. MrG

MrG