Search Unity

[RELEASED] Real Ivy - Procedural Ivy Generation Tool

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Dynamite3D, Apr 25, 2017.

1. trilobyteme

trilobyteme

I'm so sorry to hear of the tax situation, but good luck with the move and new job, and here's hoping that once you get settled in you will find that you can re-open the business. Cheers!

wetcircuit likes this.
  2. Desert-Tiger-Games

Desert-Tiger-Games

I saw it now. Its really a sad thing to see this asset's fate :( .

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

France is a place amazing graphics, maths, culture, food happen do it will be a fun collision of French and Spanish ideas. Good luck with your move, and hurry up and throw this on github will you? Needy hands need to contribute and Fork ;)

4. Flurgle

Flurgle

Patreon is an another option. I'm ready to support you if you do that. Even if it's open sourced, you can guide the project, add stuff, etc.

5. f0ff886f

f0ff886f

Any chance this will make it up on Github? Seems like a great asset, would happily pay / Patreon it if its available beyond the store.

Alic, dsilverthorn, Rallix and 2 others like this.
  6. Hexer_

Hexer_

@Dynamite3D Good luck with everything! I'm pretty sure I know which country you were over-taxed in before the move as I was born there.. it can only be one EU country and starts with a letter C XD

Speaking of the asset itself, I still use it although not in Unity 2019 because of compatibility issues.
    I do all I need to in 2018 and export the results over to 2019

Flurgle likes this.
  7. Hexer_

Hexer_

UPDATE!
    Somehow Real Ivy works in 2019.3.0a8.
    Don't ask me how, it simply works flawlessly! :cool:

Lars-Steenhoff and Waterlane like this.
  8. Dynamite3D

Dynamite3D

Hello fellows!

I didn't watched this thread since my last post just before the move and maaan! thank you all for your words of support :D reading this kind of stuff is just amazing.

Sorry about my absence. But I have good news! Me and a friend of mine are working in a full new version of the tool, and it will be released in a couple of months. It will have a bunch of cool features and will be more powerful and scalable. I'll publish it along with Procedural Worlds, actually the plugin will be in their account, which is amazing and very promising. We started a conversation with Unity to try to transfer the property of the old plugin to their account and then undeprecate it, so people who already have purchased the old one is not affected by this move.

A little WIP

Actually is Spain hehehe. You meant Croacia, Chipre?

Hope you all are doing good. Cya and thanks!

Flurgle, corjn, chelnok and 7 others like this.
  9. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Thats some fantastic news!

SamRock likes this.
  10. Waterlane

Waterlane

Great News! Really pleased for the asset and that you are able to continue with it. :-D

11. Hexer_

Hexer_

Incredible news and thanks for the sneak peak of the new version!
    Looks awesome :)

I thought it was Croatia XD

12. f0ff886f

f0ff886f

Great news :) If you move the other asset over, what about providing it for free if it won't be for sale? I'm assuming you don't want to support the old code, but probably don't want to cannibalize the new asset either.

13. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Did this conversation with the asset store go anywhere?

The current "launch price" is almost double what I paid for this asset.

14. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Any discount vouchers for v1 users?

I'm happy to see it released!

Are there any plans for URP / HDRP support?

Waterlane likes this.
  15. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Hey there,

We are super excited to welcome @Dynamite3D and Real Ivy to the Procedural Worlds team! It was already an amazing product and this new version is even better :)

As part of this we will now be providing day to day support, and will be looking to improve its capability over time. For example, we are working on all new vegetation shaders with our other assets, and we will add in UWP, LW, HD and shaders as soon as we have them. If you already have your own then these will also work.

We would love to be able to offer existing users upgrades, but unfortunately cross account upgrades are not possible because of the way the asset store works. It can be done manually by Unity but they are generally very reluctant to do this, and the waiting time in the one instance where we were able to do this was about 10 months. As a mitigation, we have put Real Ivy on sale until the end of October.

We will also be shortly be delivering new tutorial video's and some cool new screen shots to show off how cool Real Ivy is. This was actually supposed to be a bit of a soft launch as we also delivered major upgrades to GeNa 2, and the all the Gaia Pro on the same day, so please be little patient while these come together.

Here are a couple of pictures from @S4G4N and his Village Exteriors Kit to give you a taste of how cool it is!

Ivy01.png

Ivy04.png

To ask us questions directly please come to our Discord here : https://discord.gg/rtKn8rw

Cheers,
    Adam.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    Flurgle, Waterlane and S4G4N like this.
  16. Dynamite3D

Dynamite3D

Hello again everyone.

Well as Adam said it wasn't possible. I'm very sorry guys. Hope you understand the circumstances.
    The price is higher but it's a much more powerful tool with a lot more of cool things, you'll see when the media in the store site is updated, and then you can decide if want to upgrade or not.

Thank you all for your support so far.

17. S4G4N

S4G4N

Absolutely love the package.
    Being an artist, I wanted something that is easy to use, yet deliver great looking results.
    Real Ivy 2 is all that.
    It instantly delivers a rustic, real environment result with a lived in look & feel.
    It makes my Village Exteriors Kit look even better.

Thanks for this great product @AdamGoodrich & @Dynamite3D

AdamGoodrich likes this.
  18. Dynamite3D

Dynamite3D

Very glad you like it :D means a lot coming from you.

S4G4N likes this.
  19. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Thanks for the answers, I will get the new version while its discounted.

I recommend fixing the link in the first forum post as it links to the deprecated package.

Dynamite3D and S4G4N like this.
  20. Waterlane

Waterlane

'great to see Real Ivy being taken on by Procedural Worlds. I'm really pleased about this - especially as it lets me feel more confident about its development in future (hdrp/U2019.3+...). It's a shame you can't give some reduction to existing owners, but understandable. 'looking forward to watching the ivy grow! :)
    Dave

SickaGames1 likes this.
  21. punk

punk

22. Dynamite3D

Dynamite3D

Thanks a lot guys :D

Definitely I should xD. Thx for the advice.

23. Desert-Tiger-Games

Desert-Tiger-Games

I will be charged for the asset again for a double price. Thank you guys. I was having hard time deciding where to throw my money. You can give vouchers to owners. Instead you are giving us the same opportunity as fresh customer (10$ discount). Also there is no notificiation for it. So probably many owner will not see it before its over.

24. UserNobody

UserNobody

Looks awesome! Where can I acquire this plugin? The link to the AssetStore is no longer valid, the asset is not found / available :(

25. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I am previous owner but without a proper update price it's not worth it. That's a shame.

Desert-Tiger-Games likes this.
  26. Desert-Tiger-Games

Desert-Tiger-Games

Asset is now on page of procedural worlds. You can find it on asset store.

27. MrG

MrG

28. Desert-Tiger-Games

Desert-Tiger-Games

We already payed for it and they treat the previous owners same as the new ones. Thats the problem. Many of the asset sellers offer free upgrade or heavily discounted upgrade for previous users even without asked for (I get 2 upgrades to a new systems from 2 different asset seller without asking for it). Procedural Ivy republished without considerable feature upgrade with double the price of previous release.

And their excuse of we talked with Unity they did not come with a solution for it is only a something to show us they tried to do that which is not. Another asset in their page SECTR was once another asset seller's property who joined Procedural Worlds around 1 years ago. I had that asset and you know what they offer discounted upgrade to their SECTR in Procedural Worlds Page from the day one.

I once had admiration to the Adam because of his work but he collapsed it with his own hands.

Procedural Worlds is really good company to fill the gap in some direction of game development but they are now greedy. They even have a asset seller circle which all of them positively comment on each other no matter what in the first day of the asset. There are people on here continuously work on their assets and improve them and/or updating them to newer Unity versions without the extra extra charges. I am not saying I should get lifetime upgrades only paying once but their attitude is different. They only support newer Unity versions with their newer price tags. Thats the problem.

Inspeinre likes this.
  29. entsprod

entsprod

A new Asset of Realistic Creepers Plants is coming soon with photographed Ivys, Smilax & Vines ready to use out of the box. The Package is full compatible with the Real Ivy 2 - Procedural Ivy Generator spawning solution Asset: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/modeling/real-ivy-2-procedural-ivy-generator-155841.
    In addition, It comes from optimized geometry, high quality textures fully compliant with PBR system and using custom shaders to receive procedural wind as well as dynamic wetness.

Join us on Discord for more further information:
    https://discordapp.com/invite/yccybFw

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  30. entsprod

entsprod

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    UserNobody, Flurgle and Waterlane like this.
  31. malyKuba

malyKuba

Hi, I am playing with your awesome asset and I am wondering about two things.

Is it possible to revert growth of baked Ivy at some point? I tried to use negative speed but it just stopped growing.
    Fo example I would like to let the Ivy grow up to 50% and then let it grow "backwards" to 0.

Another question is, if it is possible to make procedural growth (non baked) from point A to point B.

Thank you in advance for your response,

Jakub.

KYL3R and protopop like this.
  32. Rowlan

Rowlan

The combination of your asset with Real Ivy 2 is very exciting. And super easy to get vegetation wherever you want it to :)

ivy 01.jpg

ivy 05.jpg

ivy 02.jpg

Dynamite3D and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  33. Rowlan

Rowlan

In hindisght I now regret that I didn't check out this asset more intensively sooner. This is sooooo awesome:

You can give so much love to detail this way. Even Wind is being considered! :)

Dynamite3D, Rallix and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  34. Dynamite3D

Dynamite3D

Hello everybody

This is an important announcement.

First of all I want to apology for the inconveniences this can cause.

This plugin doesn't belong to Procedural Worlds any more. Our little adventure together came to an end.
    Now I'm the publisher again. But this time we were lucky and the Asset Store allowed us to keep continuity via upgrading the asset.

If you bought the plugin when it was published by Procedural Worlds you have to upgrade it for free to the new version published by 3Dynamite to keep it updated.

Hope this doesn't cause any trouble to anyone. For any question you can e-mail directly to 3dynamite.unity@gmail.com

Thanks for all your support guys.

35. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

The upgrade was smooth, thanks for continuing supporting the asset.

I have one feature request, could you see if there is a way to support vegetation engine elements?

Vegetation engine is a really nice vegetation asset on the assetstore.

36. Dynamite3D

Dynamite3D

Great to hear that!

Didn't know that asset, gonna have a look. Thanks!

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  37. BOXOPHOBIC

BOXOPHOBIC

@Dynamite3D Hi. I'm Cristi, the dev behind the Vegetation Engine. I'm sending you a copy.
    I never used Real Ivy, but I think adding support would be relatively easy. My shaders only need some maks encode in vertex color and UV4. All that would be needed is per leaf variation and a leaf mask for the wind.

Cheers :)

38. Dynamite3D

Dynamite3D

Hey! Yes, let's speak about that via PM. Thank you for reaching me @BOXOPHOBIC

Rowlan likes this.
  39. Rowlan

Rowlan

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  40. Dynamite3D

Dynamite3D

41. Dynamite3D

Dynamite3D

Hello guys,

This is yet another important announcement.

For those of you who bought the very first version of Real Ivy and you didn't buy the plugin when it was Procedural World's, we're giving a free update. Please upgrade your versions and let me know if you have any troubles with that.

For those of you who bought the asset twice, all I can do is to apology.

I hope this fixes a bit the errors of the past.

Cheers!

julianr, wetcircuit, Rallix and 3 others like this.
  42. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Thank you for doing that!

Dynamite3D likes this.
  43. Leniaal

Leniaal

Hi,

First of all, amazing asset. Really enhances our scene and it simply looks fantastic. I have an issue though that makes the use of the asset less enjoyable. When I start the growth of my Ivy the editor starts to lock up pretty fast. Apparently there is a lot of GC alloc and if I let it run for too long it sometimes even becomes hard to press the Stop Growth button.

Unity: 2019.3.14f1
    HDRP: 7.3.1

After profiling a bit, the big hit comes somewhere from EditorMeshBuilder.BuildLeaves(). Is this a known issue? If you need any more info let me know.

upload_2020-11-20_11-6-32.png

44. Rowlan

Rowlan

Feature request:

It would be nice to have all Ivy in a list of the Ivy Window and start/stop the dedicated Ivy there instead of clicking the gameobject in the project and hitting the stop button.

Also, I'm wondering if it could be interesting performance-wise to not "grow" the Ivy, but instead spread it quickly and then kind of "back-grow" the ends.

45. Dynamite3D

Dynamite3D

Hello! Glad you like it. It's a known issue, indeed. Workflow wise, to cover big areas what I do is to use several ivies instead a big one. Is easier to work like this, plus it'll help with occlusion culling. Thanks for the feedback nonetheless.

Actually is a good idea that goes well with some others I have in mind regardind usability. Noted it! Thanks

46. ChickenHero

ChickenHero

I'm wondering if I should buy an asset.

My project needs to share the ivy state in a multiplayer game.
    Is it possible to save the ivy generated at runtime in a format such as JSON?
    Or do ivy generated with the same parameters grow into the same shape?

Can I check the manual before purchasing?

47. Dynamite3D

Dynamite3D

48. ChickenHero

ChickenHero

Thank you for your reply.

I checked the manual, but there was something I didn't understand, so I have an additional question.
    Is it possible to get the current growth stage value of the ivy or specify the growth stage value in the script?

49. Dynamite3D

Dynamite3D

You can create an Ivy in the editor, and then you can bake it, so when you run the game it grows until that stage when you baked it. Does this answer your question? Cause I'm not sure hehe.

50. ChickenHero

ChickenHero

I don't understand bake well.
    In what format is the baked ivy data stored?
    I am creating an online multiplayer game.
    Ideally, the plants planted by the player will grow over the course of several days.
    I want to synchronize the growth of plants with other players.
    I want the ivy to grow along the wall that the player has placed.