Search Unity

Asset Store Gems - Showcase for your favorite Assets

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Rowlan, Apr 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rowlan

Rowlan

A new category Asset Store Gems appeared during the current sale and I was thinking what classifies an asset as being a Gem? Who does the classification and why. Who could I ask about those assets, what's the reason they are recommended and why should I get them? And then I thought I'd like to ask the Community, you guys who purchase those Gems and use them.

I've been experimenting with assets myself for quite some time now, it's just plain fun to toy around with them. So I thought I'd create this thread, everyone is invited to join and contribute.

What this is about:

* show the Community your favorite assets from the Asset Store using in-game showcase videos
    * combine assets, let the Community see why it's good to have them integrated into a project
    * name the assets and optionally a brief description how you use them

What this isn't about:

* a self-advertising thread for publishers
    * still images or pre-rendered fly-through videos or text only (performance should be showcased as well)
    * discussions. it's just for showcase, please post in the asset's dedicated thread if you have questions about an asset

Please do share your showcases and let the Community see your Asset Store Gems :) Thank you!

2. Rowlan

Rowlan

The video shows features of the following assets:

* Silantro Helicopter Simulator Toolkit

Drag the Helicopter into the scene, hit play and fly. It's as easy as that.

* Meadow Environment - Dynamic Nature

AAA quality vegetation. Vegetation Studio Pro support.

* Enviro - Sky and Weather

Dynamic weather and time of day changes, simulated time. Even has an Aurora. Supports extensions for various assets, MicroSplat extension is used in the video.

* Digger PRO

Dynamic runtime modification of the terrain by firing rockets into the terrain.

* MicroSplat

Texturing the terrain and using additional modules, extremely fast shader.

* MicroSplat - Digger Integration

Use MicroSplat on the holes created by Digger.

* MicroSplat - Texture Clusters

Professional anti-tiling solution. Vegetation is left out on most parts of the terrain to show that there are no visible texture tiles.

* MicroSplat - Dynamic Snow

Enviro integration allows for having a height dependent snow texture on the terrain when the Enviro snow weather preset is active.

* Unity Particle Pack

Combination of Unity particles: Rocket firing from the Helicopter, explosion on impact of the rocket on the terrain.

* Animal Controller

Used as free look camera on the Helicopter.

* Vegetation Studio Pro

Convenient distribution of the Meadow Environment vegetation items via Biomes. Super fast rendering even at very long distances.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  3. Rowlan

Rowlan

2 new Assets where released this week: MicroSplat Trax and NWH Vehicle Physics 2. Here's a showcase I created in 3 hours, so lots of room for improvement. But the effect those assets create is awesome imo:

* NWH Vehicle Physics 2

Used the 8-wheeler. Dragged it into the scene, added Desktop Input Provider. Custom Substance-Painted the body of the car

* MicroSplat - Trax

Instant Vehicle Tracks withouth problems, awesome performance.

* MicroSplat

Texture distribution, core of the other MicroSplat modules.

Stochastic sampling, no terrain texture tiling.

* MicroSplat - Dynamic Snow

Snowy terrain when Enviro snow is active.

* MicroSplat - Puddles, Streams, Lava & Wetness

Wet terrain when Enviro rain is active.

* MicroSplat - Tessellation and Parallax

Tessellated terrain when using Trax.

One of the best vegetation assets on the store. Here only used as background, even then it adds a lot of value.

Dynamic daytime and weather changes, uses MicroSplat integration to trigger terrain wetness and snow changes.

* Animal Controller

Camera movement.

* Vegetation Studio Pro

Quick distribution of the Meadow Environment vegetation and dynamic Biome changes.

rrahim likes this.
  4. Rowlan

Rowlan

What's always awesome is Meadow Environment combined with any of the Malbers Animals.

Note: FireBall was replaced with Iridescence Shader by smkplus from GitHub.

* Little Dragons: Tiger

AAA animations, excellent models

* Dragon the Soul Eater and Dragon Boar

Great models, free

* Animal Controller

For the Dragon and to make the Boars follow the Dragon

* Meadow Environment

One of the best vegetation assets on the store

* Skybox Creator - Video Skybox Creation

Excellent SkyBox creation solution, top quality results

5. Rowlan

Rowlan

An asset that is a true gem and which I can highly recommend is CScape. Bought it during the Winter sale and regret now that I didn't touch it sooner. The scene below consists of 3 assets and can be created within 10 minutes. I bought CScape for a car driving game, but thought why not use a Helicopter on it and ended up having so much fun with it. I honestly did not expect this :) What's really impressive for me is the love to detail, especially the 3d-ish nature of the interiors. I thought I'd approach them closer and slow so that you can see the effect.

Silantro Helicopter Simulator Toolkit is a Simulator. At first I thought it would be hard to fly with the Helicopter, but once you get used to it, you don't want it any different. The controls just feel right.

In case you want to create this on your own, here's a video with the steps and a bit more additions:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/how...pe-in-15-minutes-or-less.885757/#post-5828494

CScape has many more features, but what you see here is well worth having it imo. Performance is excellent.

Assets used:

* CScape City System

* Silantro Helicopter Simulator Toolkit

Oyedoyin1 likes this.
  6. Rowlan

Rowlan

If you are in search for a Water asset that works in HDRP, then you should take a look at Crest Ocean System HDRP. See the video about how it looks like. It has a lot more features like buoyancy, dynamic waves, shore lines, etc, but the look of it alone makes it a must have gem. Here's in use with a HDRI Skybox created using Skybox Creator. Performance is excellent.

* Crest Ocean System HDRP

AAA Ocean solution with lots of features like foam, physics, shallow water, underwater, dynamic water interaction, etc

Excellent SkyBox creation solution, top quality results

* Humpback Whale

* Ballena by pepetrincado

7. Rowlan

Rowlan

If you want easy AAA quality with only 2 gems, then one choice might be Castle Valley combined with the MalberS Elephants. Looks like this:

* African Elephants (Realistic)

Highly detailed models with many AAA quality animations

* Castle Valley Collection 1 (HDRP)

Top quality desert environment, true photogrammetry. Very detailed, very professional.

* R.A.M 2019 - River Auto Material 2019

Excellent river and lake solution, great team and like all the NatureManufacture assets supported through all render pipelines.

Excellent solution for creating custom HDRI skyboxes, especially useful to save performance in HDRP.

8. Rowlan

Rowlan

Nyarlathothep likes this.
  9. Rowlan

Rowlan

Another gem is Lux Water, I mostly use it for Lake and Ocean. It's very performant, got above and under water look and a lot of features. Among them are Gerstner waves as well as projectors for foam and ripples. Just look at the examples on the Asset Store page. What you see is what you get.

Here's a quick example video I made using a lake:

* Lux Water

Excellent and very performing Water asset.

* Wet Stuff

Great addition to make your gameobjects look wet.

* African Elephants (Realistic)

10. Rowlan

Rowlan

Crest Ocean System HDRP and Dynamic Water Physics 2 are very nice gems if you want to get into boat driving on an Ocean in HDRP:

Excellent Ocean solution with lots of options including custom waves

* Dynamic Water Physics 2

Quickly setup any boat to drive around, supports various water systems including Crest and R.A.M.

* Skybox Creator

Create a custom skybox which naturally performs excellent in HDRP

ProtoPottyGames and Freshmeat911 like this.
  11. DeidreReay

DeidreReay

This is amazing. Nice work

Rowlan likes this.
  12. Rowlan

Rowlan

Here's the free Victorian Interior asset combined with ArcReactor and Unity Particle Pack and a few other models in a little fan project. Creating this took like 8 hours, so it's only a very quick prototype, I hope one can see why I consider those assets as Asset Store Gems.

* Victorian Interior

The interior models, very detailed, high quality. And free!

* ArcReactor Rays Generator

Used for the photon beam. Has lots of other effects.

* Unity Particle Pack

Used for Slimer's slime and the photon beam particle hit effect.

jorikito and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  13. Rowlan

Rowlan

An excellent Asset Store Gem is Horse Animset Pro (HAP) by Malbers. It's got great models with AAA animations and has been well maintained for years. This week it even got Pegasus added for free.

Assets used:

* Horse Anmiset Pro (Riding System)

* Castle Valley Collection 1 (HDRP)

Among others HAP also comes with Carriage and Cowboy. The asset works very well with others, among them Western Town Environment, Enviro and Microsplat Trax

Assets used:

* Horse Animset Pro (Riding System)

* Western Town Environment

* MicroSplat

* MicroSplat - Trax

* MicroSplat - Wind and Glitter

14. Rowlan

Rowlan

I invite everyone to join me and showcase your Asset Store Gems here, this thread shouldn't be about my favorites alone :)

15. Rowlan

Rowlan

16. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

17. Rowlan

Rowlan

18. Rowlan

Rowlan

jorikito and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  19. Rowlan

Rowlan

One really awesome asset is Unity's own free Particle Pack. Here's usage of the rocket trail as trail for the hover craft. And the sand particles as sand explosion when the worms show up and descend. It's just to add to the atmosphere. Same with Obi Rope in this case. Obi Rope is very powerful, but here it's just used to let the ropes, which are attached to the worms, bounce. Way better than using a line renderer. Same for using MicroSplat Trax on the terrain for the worms trail. It just adds to the overall atmospheric gameplay. And same as Arc Reactor for the connection between the race worms. It's just a simple mix of various assets:

Unity Particle Pack

ArcReactor Rays Generator

Obi Rope

MicroSplat - Trax

Giant Worm Boss Character

Dieselpunk Hovercraft

Enviro - Sky and Weather

jorikito, ledshok and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  20. adamgolden

adamgolden

ledshok and Rowlan like this.
  21. Rowlan

Rowlan

This one goes for Unity itself. Unity 2020.2.0f1 got released and with it HDRP 10.2.2. Crest HDRP got updated to that version and so I thought I'd combine a few assets in a new project. Among them Crest HDRP, Lordenfel HDRP, Irval the Wyvern, some Whales and Ships.

Everything was created from scratch with what comes with the assets within a few hours, I didn't remove any details, just the backdrop mountains and instead I duplicated rocks to have them in the Ocean. I was just reusing what comes with those awesome assets.

The thing I'm impressed the most though is the performance. I didn't expect that. Great job @Unity! :)

Links are in the video description, I won't repost them because they are already listed on this forum page.

22. Rowlan

Rowlan

Tropical Forest Pack in combination with Vegetation Studio Pro gives awesome performance, especially when using Instanced Indirect. In combination with Crest Ocean HDRP it makes beautiful islands. And with the MicroSplat suite it adds even more atmosphere, e. g. terrain wetness along the shorelines, removal of repetitive terrain textures using stochastic texture clusters, tesselation & parallax for height & depth, etc.

Assets used:

* Tropical Forest Pack

* Horse Anmiset Pro (Riding System)

* MicroSplat

* MicroSplat - Tessellation and Parallax

* MicroSplat - HDRP Support

* Vegetation Studio Pro

* Vegetation Studio Pro Extensions

ledshok likes this.
  23. Rowlan

Rowlan

I thought I'd contribute with a showcase video. The Tie, Star Destroyer and competitive Pod Racers are moved with Bézier Path Creator.

What I also would like to mention in that regard is that Unity's own Hover Racer tutorial and the project itself is awesome. I really would wish that Unity would enhance it a bit or make it work out of the box in 2020.

* Bézier Path Creator

* Hover Racer

The other assets I used are already listed on this forum page or are in the description of the youtube video.

ledshok and adamgolden like this.
  24. Rowlan

Rowlan

I just love creating prototypes. However something unexpected happened and one of my videos went viral last week. Screenshot of my youtube analysis page as of the time of this post:

1.5 mill.png

I guess it'll climb further since 1.000.000 was from last Sunday to yesterday. And the other 500.000 of it happened from yesterday to today. I do feel the need to give proper credit to the asset store publishers. Without them this wouldn't have been possible.

The scene is very simple and was only considered as a quick personal showcase to see how it looks like to have an Asian Dragon fly over the terrain. I just love them and wish there were more available on the Unity Asset Store.

For the scene I used the awesome Meadow Environment, one of the best assets on the store. The vegetation got distributed using Vegetation Studio Pro. Then a R.A.M. river got added to make the terrain look a bit more versatile. In order to fill the sky I used Enviro, its clouds are very awesome imo. And the Dragon is the Black Dragon from Protofactor Inc.

You see it's very easy to get attention with only a few AAA assets. Creating that scene doesn't take more than a few minutes. The impact however turns out to be huge, I never expected that to happen :)

From the comments I gathered that probably someone posted it as real Dragon sighting. That would explain the "fake", "it's a kite", "green screen" and what not comments. Very appreciated, since this is just a computer game prototype. However the important part is that nobody says the rest of the scene is computer generated. I guess it's because most of the audience is watching on mobile phones and there it's less noticable. And the even more important part for us Unity users is: It's the Standard Pipeline :D

This is the video:

Assets used:

* Black Dragon

* R.A.M 2019 - River Auto Material 2019

* Vegetation Studio Pro

Applications used:

* World Creator 2 for Terrain Creation

ledshok and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  25. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Now you can start to monetise your prototypes on youtube :)

With that amount of views it may be worth it

Rowlan likes this.
  26. Rowlan

Rowlan

This is a dedicated post for @NatureManufacture for the excellent work they do for the Unity platform.

Lava & Volcano Environment 2019 is free for a limited amount of time. Go get it. If you purchase more of their assets during the publisher sale, please use the link with their affiliate Id, they very much deserve it:

https://assetstore.unity.com/publisher-sale?aid=1011l7vcu

Some use cases of mine:

@NatureManufacture Thank you very much! And give us more please! :D

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    ledshok likes this.
  27. Rowlan

Rowlan

A new gem on the Unity Asset Store is the Realistic Wolf from Malbers. I had a lot of fun with them. Here's a showcase video I created quickly:

Checking the asset out was so much fun, I had to try in different environments:

w4.jpg
    w1.jpg
    w2.jpg
    w3.jpg

Assets used:

* Realistic Wolf

* Ice World

* Vegetation Studio Pro

* And several of the MicroSplat modules which are already listed in this thread, especially MicroSplat Trax

Special Mention:

Music is from Roman Senyk. His music is free. And it's awesome imo. Here's a link to his patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/romansenyk

ledshok likes this.
  28. ledshok

ledshok

Did you use anything special for the lighting in the winter video? Looks amazing (as did the Trax stuff).

29. Rowlan

Rowlan

Thanks, that's all HDRP 10.3.1, nothing special otherwise.

30. Rowlan

Rowlan

A must have Gem got released on the Asset Store today: NatureManufacture's Mountain Environment - Dynamic Nature. Here's a first look video. All I did was just load the demo scene that comes with the asset and put a Malbers Dragon in it. The scene even comes with background mountains, clouds, etc:

There's a lot more to explore (like falling rocks, fish, etc), just check their asset store video. This asset will quickly climb to the top assets on the Unity Asset Store.

Assets used:

* Mountain Environment - Dynamic Nature

* Little Dragons: Tiger

* Animal Controller

ledshok likes this.
  31. Acissathar

Acissathar

A few of my recent favorites:

Hierarchy 2 - Allows for header styling in GameObject names, folders that can take the place of gameobjects and automatically 'flatten' the children out at runtime / play mode so you can have the organization during design but without the possible performance hits for having child transforms on child transforms and so on.

Scivolo Character Controller - Feels like one of the premium Character Controller replacements (note not a whole system like Invector, but a replacement for the Unity Character Controller component) but for free and with source. At the very least it's been miles better than the built in one, and the code is clean + compact too.

Magica Cloth - I don't think this is really "hidden" anymore, but it's still the best cloth system I've used. Takes advantage of jobs for speed, can handle mesh or bones for deformation, tons of various features such as static friction, keeping shape, various collider shapes, creating a low poly version of the mesh for deformation + performance purposes, etc.

ledshok, Lars-Steenhoff and Rowlan like this.
  32. Rowlan

Rowlan

33. Rowlan

Rowlan

I'm feeling kind of honored that some of the game prototypes I created are used in Unity's sale video :)

In case anyone wants to see the clips in full length:

The assets I used are already listed in this thread. In case anyone wants to know in detail, just check the descriptions of the videos.

Acissathar and ledshok like this.
  34. Rowlan

Rowlan

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  35. Rowlan

Rowlan

Snowboard Game Starter Pack (Template) is an awesome asset. It's a full featured template for the creation of a snowboard game. It doesn't come as HDRP yet, but I wanted to toy around in HDRP, so I made a few adaptations and chose to only do a free ride. The asset comes with a lot more features, just check out the asset description on the Unity Asset Store

* Snowboard Game Starter Pack (Template)

Please check the youtube description to see the full list of all the assets I used in the video in addition to the snowboard asset. All of them are already listed in this forum thread.

ledshok likes this.
  36. Rowlan

Rowlan

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    ledshok and StevenPicard like this.
  37. Rowlan

Rowlan

38. Rowlan

Rowlan

ArchViz Pro Interior Vol. 7 is quite impressive. Here I added life to the scene of the asset with the Malbers Raccon and Fluffy Grooming Tool.

* ArchVizPRO Interior Vol.7

* Fluffy Grooming Tool

* Realistic Raccoons and Red Panda

Note: The Raccoon was groomed by Daniel Zeller, so credit for that to him and thanks a lot for allowing me to use his work.

Edit: Follow-Up with the Malbers Wolf groomed:

fw 16.jpg
    I had so much fun toying around with it. Even if you don't intend to use it for games, it's a blast just grooming fur on animals.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  39. Rowlan

Rowlan

40. Rowlan

Rowlan

The Dwarfs Pack and the RPG Fantas Pack of Maksim Bugrimov are quite nice and have a very low price. Just toyed around with them this morning (and other assets which are already listed in this thread):

* Dwarfs Pack

* RPG Fantasy (Pack)

41. Rowlan

Rowlan

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
  42. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Rowlan likes this.
  43. Rowlan

Rowlan

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  44. Rastapastor

Rastapastor

My top list

Microsplat (all modules)
    Better Lit Shader (thanks to this asset I revived tons of assets that had custom shaders and didint work in SRP)
    The Vegetation Engine (thanks to this asset I revived tons of assets that had custom shaders and didint work in SRP)
    Amplify Impostors

Those are the must have for me :)

Rowlan likes this.
  45. Rowlan

Rowlan

ArchVizPRO Interior Vol. 8 looks really great. Here's a video with modified lighting and post processing and a wolf and a bee added:

I especially liked the love to detail, here's e. g. an example of the refraction in HDRP:

Assets used in addition to ones already mentioned in this thread (see youtube description for full list):

* ArchVizPRO Interior Vol. 8

46. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

You could even make a game out of that bee flying around scaring people in the house :)

Rowlan likes this.
  47. Rowlan

Rowlan

Unty's own The Realtime Rascals with Fluffy Grooming Tool is really a nice combination to spend the day with just toying around and having fun with grooming :)

Assets used:

* The Realtime Rascals

* Fluffy Grooming Tool

48. Rowlan

Rowlan

Book of the Dead Environment is one of the best assets that Unity gave us for free and most definitely a Unity Gem. Unfortunately it got removed from the Asset Store recently. However, that's no reason to not use it anymore if you already have it downloaded from the Asset Store. I thought I'd try upgrading it to Unity 2022 and add a bit more assets like Fluffy Grooming Tool, the Realistic Wolf by Malbers, Irval the Wyvern and the Challenger from the Fontainebleau demo. BotD didn't get maintained anymore past 2018, but I really hope Unity reconsiders that they removed it and provide an upgraded version for us in the future.

49. Rowlan

Rowlan

This one's an instant Gem: (STP) Survival Template PRO

I bought it this week and am still amazed by the features that this asset has. Easy to setup with quick results, very versatile and high quality.

Although it's only for Standard Pipeline (for now), I tried to upconvert it to HDRP and combine it with Book of the Dead:

Assets used (including ones already listed in this thread):

* (STP) Survival Template PRO

50. Rowlan

Rowlan

Big Environment Pack Reforged is exciting with lots of features and a most awesome Demo scene:

Assets used in addition to ones already mentioned in this thread (see youtube description for full list):

* Big Environment Pack Reforged

StevenPicard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.