Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Procedural Generation Grid

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by FimpossibleCreations, Jul 20, 2021.

1. FimpossibleCreations

FimpossibleCreations

Hello, unfortunately there will be no direct support for 2D.
    You can still spawn 2D sprites objects using the plugin, but most of the features are designed only with 3D in mind.

2. WryMim

WryMim

Good afternoon.
    Do I understand correctly that there are no demo scenes?
    How can I build a house vertically like in this video?

Or other variants how to build a level in the style of Only Up (vertically at an angle), where a lot of separate objects on which you need to jump?

dsilverthorn likes this.
  3. FimpossibleCreations

FimpossibleCreations

There are many demo scenes, packed in side Demos - Procedural Generation Grid unitypackage.

You can make basic Field Setup generating walls around, to make it generate something like tunnel, if grid is made of vertical up cells.
    But for placing object to jump at, you will need to do it manually by adding them with scripting/on scene or using cell commands to spawn objects in selected cells - with use of grid painter component to create grid in scene view.

4. WryMim

WryMim

Good afternoon. After using the "Stack Spawner" on objects inside the Spawner, scaling does not work! I need that all objects created by the modifier were *15 scaling, but currently "Stack Spawner" creates with *1 scaling. What can I do?

5. WryMim

WryMim

upload_2024-5-21_8-55-49.png

These scaling rules do not affect the "Stack Spawner"

6. WryMim

WryMim

Or what's the best way to spawn more than 1 object in the same cell? For example 3-5 objects with a check that they do not overlap each other.

7. WryMim

WryMim

With Field Modificator I generate objects, how do I increase the height of each object by +1? I want the generation to be in the form of a spiral.