Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.2 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Morph Character System (MCS) - Male and Female

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by berk-maketafi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. EDarkness

EDarkness

I'm not aware of anything that should be getting in the way of functioning, but I'll take a look at it in the next couple of days. I haven't used 2019.4, so I'm not sure if something happened when that update went through.

pradf4i likes this.
  2. ru_erikvdb

ru_erikvdb

What clothes are you using? Does it happen with all clothing or only this set?
    The base character seems unaffected (just invisible due to the alpha map).

3. EDarkness

EDarkness

Ah. The screenshot loaded. I took a look at the code and haven't found anything out of the ordinary. I also didn't realize I've been doing my updates in Unity 2019.4. Heh, heh. For some reason I thought I was using 2019.3, but I've been using Unity 2019.4 for a while now. I haven't had the problem showing in this picture. I'm guessing there's something with the clothes you're using. Is this happening with all outfits or just this one? Does it happen once you put the clothes on? Is there some time before it happens?

4. pradf4i

pradf4i

@EDarkness and @ru_erikvdb , Good pointers. I never thought to check the clothes. Let me try different clothes to see if the issue persists. Two other items I am using are 1. An animation controller on it 2. changing the morph value of 'heavy' at run time.

Also the issue happens like 1 out of 5 times. Thanks.

5. EDarkness

EDarkness

@pradf4i Do you have the animation controller on the piece of clothing? The system gets real strange when scripts are added to the actual models. When those clothes are added to the main model, strange things happen. It's something I ultimately want to fix, but I'm thinking this has a lot to do with the check that happens internally when a piece of clothing is added to the MCS figure.

Changing morphs at runtime shouldn't be an issue. I do this all of the time, though changing the MCS figure may be the better way instead of changing the piece of clothing.

6. pradf4i

pradf4i

@EDarkness I don't have animations on clothes. Only on the MCS figure.

7. EDarkness

EDarkness

Great. Have you had any problems with other clothes or just one set of models/clothes?

8. pradf4i

pradf4i

@EDarkness - Tested 10 + times after removing the cowboyshirt and everything worked like a charm. Thanks for the pointer.

EDarkness likes this.
  9. pradf4i

pradf4i

upload_2020-11-24_18-38-43.png

This is not really fatal but keep seeing it. Any quick fixes? Thanks.

10. EDarkness

EDarkness

@pradf4i Are you using any special Unity things like URP or anything like that?

11. pradf4i

pradf4i

Yes. I have URP enabled.

12. EDarkness

EDarkness

Okay. I haven't messed around with MCS and URP. This is something that @ru_erikvdb has taken care of. I think he even made a version of the shaders that work with URP. Perhaps he can provide more details.

@ru_erikvdb, you have been summoned!!!

13. Rusted_Games

Rusted_Games

14. ru_erikvdb

ru_erikvdb

Soz for late reply, my email notifications for this thread are ending up in my spam folder again <_<.

The standard and Volund shaders don't work with URP, that's why I had to make my own. I'm not sure about your exact error, but my guess is that there's still some material that hasn't been assigned a URP shader yet.
    You can download my URP shaders from the link above (thanks Rusted Games!) and update all MCS materials in your project with the toolkit (instructions in the github readme).
    Note: every time you import a new asset, you'll have to run the material converter again.

unityunity