Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Morph Character System (MCS) - Male and Female

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by berk-maketafi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. ru_erikvdb

ru_erikvdb

Sure thing, I uploaded them to the texture folder linked in my previous post.
    Edit: ah this ended up on a new page, here's the link so you don't have to click back: https://www.socsci.ru.nl/vr/resources/mcs/textures/

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    EDarkness likes this.
  2. EDarkness

EDarkness

Woot! Thanks. Not sure why they didn't include them with the new files, but I'm glad someone had them somewhere. :D

3. BroVodo

BroVodo

EDarkness, ru_erikvdb and others, thanks for the hard work keeping these assets alive.

XCO, ru_erikvdb and EDarkness like this.
  4. XCO

XCO

Hey guys, I was thinking about using this in UNTY 2017.4 LTS all the morphs work fine, but I get this error a lot and it game breaking:

ArgumentException: Blend shape frame weight must be greather than previous frame weight
    MORPH3D.SERVICES.StreamingMorphs.InjectMorphDataIntoSMR (UnityEngine.SkinnedMeshRenderer smr, MCS_Utilities.Morph.MorphData morphData)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    MORPH3D.SERVICES.StreamingMorphs:InjectMorphDataIntoSMR(SkinnedMeshRenderer, MorphData)
    MORPH3D.M3DCharacterManager:ApplyQueuedInjections()
    MORPH3D.M3DCharacterManager:Update()

Does anyone know what to do about this ?

5. EDarkness

EDarkness

What clothing packs are you using now? Have you upgraded to the new MCS stuff? Have you edited any of the clothing/hair packs at all? @XCO

EDIT: I do all testing on 2017.4 base. Then test on 2018-2019. I haven't tried 2020 because I don't personally ever jump on the early Unity stuff. The current base MCS should work perfectly fine in Unity 2017.4 (that's what my game uses and uses base MCS).

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    XCO and JBR-games like this.
  6. ru_erikvdb

ru_erikvdb

@XCO Are you calling SetBlendshapeValueAsync somewhere? If so try the normal SetBlendshapeValue instead, the asynchronous stuff isn't very well implemented.
    I've never had any issues with the old Morph3D stuff in 2017.4 LTS specifically so it should be perfectly compatible.

JBR-games and XCO like this.
  7. XCO

XCO

Hey guys I found out that I was calling a reset of these 3 morphs right in the beginning and that was the problem. Sorry I made a fighting game engine and there are million moving parts lol so sometimes I oversee stuff. Sorry guys, thanx for the help :)

EDarkness likes this.
  8. ru_erikvdb

ru_erikvdb

Big update! I have released a new version of my converter tool: https://github.com/erikvdb/mcs-toolkit
    It can now do everything from the editor, so you won't have to drag all items into the scene first in order to extract vertex maps or convert morph files. I've also added some tools to remove morphs and LOD groups from clothing items.

Included in the release are URP compatible shaders as promised before, as well as the MCS core DLLs I'm using, so you can patch the MCS_Importer if needed (the rest is added just in case, they're pretty much unaltered from the originals).

Note: unfortunately the converter cannot auto-detect the files @EDarkness published as being 2019 compatible, so be careful not to run the converter on those. Maybe we can work on a solution, but otherwise we are both committed to uploading fixed MR files for all the MCS assets so you won't have to run the converter at all.

9. XCO

XCO

May I ask you guys I dont understand what to do ? Im trying all this stuff out on 2019.3.15f and I dont understand what to do ? When I import the MCS 1.7 code and male file the character doesnt have any of the morphs or even the normal mcs stuff on it ? Im sorry lol I dont even know what Im doing ? is there a simple guide to follow ? Super TY for your hard work!

10. ru_erikvdb

ru_erikvdb

@XCO I can't make it a whole lot simpler than the instructions in the Readme of the mcs-toolkit I linked above. Also check the Troubleshooting section at the bottom for solutions. Otherwise I'll see if I can make a video that goes through all the steps.

Alternatively, you can grab EDarkness' MCS1.9 package and the updated MR files he uploaded if your clothing is in there, then you won't have to bother manually converting at all.

XCO likes this.
unityunity