Search Unity

[Released] Morph Character System (MCS) - Male and Female

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by berk-maketafi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

cmckelvy likes this.
  2. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

Here are downloads for some Male and Female hair overlays that I've done. The overlays are all in gray scale which means you'll want to set the alpha of the overlay color to about 180 and then set a color that best matches your hair color. There should be an overlay that works with every hair for the male and females. If you find that you have a hair that doesn't match one of the provided overlays let me know which hair.

The zips include the psd file with the saturation and levels filter, so feel free to play around with that. The underlying images are blonde.

Female: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5RgkwaHsXqqSVZQbkQ3ZXVwV0k
    Male: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5RgkwaHsXqqUHpjVWZTWnEwSmc

These overlays will be packed in with the next release of the MCS figures.

cmckelvy and hopeful like this.
  3. Xialya

Xialya

4. MFKJ

MFKJ

Hi MCS Team,

I have several issues with the MCS character and here is the list.

1. I have purchased Jersy girl and now skin poking through clothing.
    2. I can't use one package's pant and other package's shirt (Like BFS Shirt with Shinjuku Leotard and Pants of starship crew man) .
    3. Sometime skin don't poking through clothing in editor mode but as i build and run my player skin poke trough the clothing.
    3. I want anticipated expression in morph. (can you provide it? or how can i add it in morph option)
    4. How do i get specific blend shape value in coding? There is SetBlendshapeValue method but no GetBlendShapeValue Method.

Thanks, looking for your prompt reply/

5. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

1. It's possible the alpha injection system isn't setup on that asset. You can verify if you look at the CIClothing component after you attach the item to the figure, look for the alpha injection slots and verify a black and white texture is in the slot. If it's missing, you can fix it by dragging the textures in the content folders alpha injection that match into the appropriate slots then re-toggle the clothing (hide/show it in the editor). You can also create a prefab and use that as well with the masks inserted. If the masks are there, verify that you are using our shader on the skin, if you're not using our shader you'll need to implement your own clip handling by reading the appropriate texture sampler. Let me know what you find.
    2. There isn't currently a clothing-to-clothing pokethrough solution that we provide.
    3. Can you send me a screenshot of what you mean here. It's possible it's just due to the figure being animated maybe?
    4. It's not currently possible to add your own morphs yourself. I don't think we're planning on adding new morphs but I'll find out for you. A workaround is that you can generate your own blendshape in a program like maya/blender and bring it into unity like we do but it will likely require some of the same workaround we've done (vert compatibility matching type stuff).
    5. m3dcharactermanager.coreMorphs.morphs will provide a list of Morph items that have a value field.

6. Drowning-Monkeys

Drowning-Monkeys

I'm having a serious issue with my morph becoming corrupt, and while maintaining the same look, he doesn't animate correctly. When I drag in a nude m3dmale, my animations work just fine.

So then i thought id create a new morph character, but i can't copy and paste the character manager data. Is there any way to copy paste data from one morph to another? Also - the process of creating a prefab is no different than creating any other prefab, correct?

Edit - actually the problem repeats itself over time. After animating a morph a few times with the same animation, the animation starts to 'corrupt' (not animate correctly), and then i need to start over again with another morph

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  7. Rarceth

Rarceth

8. Rarceth

Rarceth

9. AR_Rizvi

AR_Rizvi

Hi, @jjanzer_morph
    I am trying to animate MCS character with MoCap Animation which can be found on Internet as i have used these
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/5330 https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/19991

Animation works fine but the Mouth of the model is opened at all times i do not know why its happening expressions are working when i manually change morph sliders in editor but mouth is opened
    Can you tell me that what i can try to solve to solve this issue as i have little knowledge of animations
    Thanks...

10. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Do you have more then one figure in the scene during this?
    Would it be possible for you to make a small project showing how this occurs?

11. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Are you using prefabs of our figures, do you have more then one figure on the scene?

What happens if you remove a morph then add it back, does it fix the issue?

12. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Under advanced in the character manager there is a jaw close feature. Let me know if that works for you.

13. JDTaupiac

JDTaupiac

Hello,
    I'm just starting to use MCS Character.
    When I add clothes and hairs content packs on my character, and then I disable all off them before saving it as a prefab (in which my character is nude)... if I enable hairs and clothes after that in the editor, they disappeared on start !
    Someone knows where it could come from ? :/

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  14. Drowning-Monkeys

Drowning-Monkeys

i'll create one for you. might be a few days. I get all kinds of crazy things happening, like animations running at 0.5x speed. Hopefully I can send it to you already busted so you know I'm not crazy ;)

15. Drowning-Monkeys

Drowning-Monkeys

Oh. Also, is there a way to copy paste morph3D data so I can quickly reproduce a character?

16. Nadan

Nadan

Hi, I'm testing Morph3D with the male character to get started. It looks really good!

My problem is that I'm making my game for mobile and after I build the game it got 100MB larger. That is a lot for just characters. Does it has to be so big in file size or could it be reduced by lowering the texture sizes.

17. hopeful

hopeful

The textures are large in order to provide high quality. You can reduce them quite a bit for a mobile game.

18. AR_Rizvi

AR_Rizvi

Thanks Man ...

and Hi @jjanzer_morph,
    i am using some motion captures from mixamo but now the problem is with the difference in physique of models so my Question is that where can i find the best set of Mocaps for MCS female?
    because Mixamo mocaps causing arm of the character to penetrate inside the pelvis and fingers are also not working correctly on MCS Female but are working in Mixamo avatar.

19. hopeful

hopeful

You can try adjusting the shoulder constraints on the MCS FBX within Unity, possibly widening the shoulders, and you can try using IK. But those are kind of normal problems, to the best of my knowledge. The UMA female model, for instance, also will move her hands through her hips unless you make adjustments for the model to hold its arms out a little further.

20. Nadan

Nadan

Hi,

I removed basically everything but the skin texture and it still took about 80MB. My players are complaining because my mobile game takes 140MB after MCS it would take about 240MB. So that is too much at least for now. I can literally build new castles with that size for my game.

It would be cool if you could "export" just couple different FBX version of the MCS characters and use those. Kind of lite customization. So I would not need to install all the MCS system files to my game too because it's too size-heavy. Maybe the Morph Studio will allow to do that in the future.

Otherwise I just fell in love with the Morph3D from the first sight!

21. hopeful

hopeful

If you already have a game out, I imagine you know stuff like this, but just to cover the bases ...

The body texture you get with MCS is HQ; it is a 4k resolution image. If you reduce it to 1024, which I would think is plenty detailed for mobile, you go from a 7 MB file size on that texture to just 1 MB. The head texture is also 4k resolution with a file size of 8 MB, and when you rescale it to 1024 res you get a texture that is 1.1 MB. So here you're going from a total of 15 MB for body and head to just 2.1 MB.

Then you do the same for the clothing, and hair, except maybe here you take it down to 512 resolution on at least some of those images. Test it and see if it works for you.

I don't know where the rest of your game's bloat is coming from, but the skin texture itself is not 80 MB (it's just 7 MB for body and 8 MB for head, though they do give you 4 different LOD versions, and alternates, which you don't need to use). Maybe you have other things you don't need hidden in a resource file somewhere?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  22. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Nadan already answered but I also wanted to add that we also pack the morphs in the streaming assets folder. If you don't need specific lods you can likely remove these, just make a backup.

hopeful likes this.
  23. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

This is correct, if you go to edit the avatar definition you can restrict the movements to help a bit in this regards.

hopeful likes this.
  24. MFKJ

MFKJ

Hi MCS team,

I have imported Mixamo animation and in Rig Tab I am copying avatar definition From Other Avatar (MCS avatar) but getting this error.

Copied Avatar Rig Configuration mis-match. Transform hierarchy does not match:
    Transform 'hip' for human bone 'Hips' not found.

If I configure M3DFemale (Change hip name to Hips) and bring the M3DFemale in hierarchy again then, its name also not changing and the error still persist. what should i do make compatible Mixamo animation with my character? As currently my m3dCharacter hands are going inside of the character tigh.

25. MFKJ

MFKJ

Hey i am unable to understand it? can you help? Here . My mixamo animation working but hands are going inside thigh.

26. MFKJ

MFKJ

Mixamo animation working but hands are going inside the thigh. how can i control it?

27. Nadan

Nadan

Before you export animation from Mixamo you can adjust the Character Arm-Space. Maybe it helps if you make that value higher?

28. MFKJ

MFKJ

Yes it helps i have used it but can't i do this using avatar definition?

29. MFKJ

MFKJ

And also if i used arm settings then avatar looks unrealistic. i want to adjust animation more realistically

30. Nadan

Nadan

Hi, ok now I deleted the the streaming assets folder and the size went from 80MB to about 15MB. I don't need specific lods, one will do. Thanks!

hopeful likes this.
  31. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

If you deleted the entire folder the morphing will not work at all. If that is something you want I suggest you restore that folder (if you didn't make a backup you can re-import your MCS packages). What @jjanzer_morph was suggesting is that in each sub folder under MORPH3D in the streaming assets folder you can delete the .mr files for the LODS you don't plan on using. So if you are only going to be using LOD3 for the entire game delete the files for LOD0, LOD1 and LOD2. If you delete all of them then the morphs won't work.

You should do this for both the figures you are using and the clothing.

hopeful and Nadan like this.
  32. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

hopeful likes this.
  33. magique

magique

Has Morph3D been tested on Unity 2017 yet? Also, in that last release 1.6.4 it states the following:

When will Windows Universal support be ready?

34. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

MCS works on 2017, shouldn't cause any problems except complaining about a deprecated shader which you can remove.

Windows Universal integration got sidelined so it's not on any current initiative at the moment. It will require a pretty heavy update to get working so we don't have any plans to support it for the time being unless something changes.

35. magique

magique

Sorry to hear that. I'm trying to release on UWP this holiday season and I wanted to use a Morph3D character. I'll have to find an alternative then. Thanks for the update.

36. Shinao

Shinao

Hi there, thinking about adopting MCS, I have a couple of questions.

- Is there a roadmap ?
    - Any plan to have a feature to merge meshes and textures when the character is 'done' ?
    - I don't see any way to save/load a character ?!
    - I joined a discord from this thread but it's dead now. Is there any kind of community around ?

Thanks

37. MFKJ

MFKJ

Hi MCS Team,

I am using unity 5.6.2 and the shader (Standar Character (specular, surface)) is not working correctly. In game view, as my camera go far from the MCS character, the skin poke through the cloth. This problem is occurring with your shader. When I tried standard shader, then this problem become solve. What should i do?

Thanks

38. MFKJ

MFKJ

Hi MCS team,

Sorry one more issue. As my character sit, its skin poke through the cloth from bottom. Can you help to solve it.

Thanks.

39. Alex-3D

Alex-3D

Thank for reply. I didn't send error log to you and just waited. As I wish, this problem dissapeared after next Unity update.

I have another problem. I can't find any documentation, just in the site. How can I get LOD switching event?

Thanks
    Alex

40. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Regarding roadmap, not currently for the 1.0 branch. If we have any discussions about it I'll let everyone know here though.

For merging meshes and textures you'll probably be interested in an upcoming product in the future called, tentatively, morph studio. I don't have any release dates for this other then the fact that we're working on this product now.

None currently, we've done this internally but we don't provide, unfortunately, a high level api that makes this easy for you. Should be as simple as fetching/storing the attached content packs + coreMorphs being used though. Let me know if you need help.

This forum is currently the easiest way to get access to help at the moment, but you can also reach out to our customer support as well.

41. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

So poke through is being hidden if the camera is close, but if the camera is far the pokethrough shows up? Can you provide any screenshots and/or data (how far the distance is, etc). Standard shader doesn't have an _AlphaTex slot so I'm not sure how it would fix it, a screenshot would help a lot for me to look into the issue though.

For sitting, that seems like the pokethrough/apha injection system isn't working at all (or the alpha textures are poorly done). Are you using deferred rendering? If yes, switch from the regular morph character shader to our deferred version and let me know if that fixes it. If not what clothing asset are you using? Do you have an alpha injection mask in the CICloth component of the clothing item? Does this mask appear in the head/body materials of the base figure's skin materials?

42. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

M3DCharacterManager has two events that are helpful here: OnPreLODChange and OnPostLODChange, let me know if those are sufficient for you.

43. Alex-3D

Alex-3D

Thanks, those are sufficient for me.

44. Shinao

Shinao

Thanks for the previous answers.

I've tried merging meshes and textures and it seems to works fine, the only problem is that you can't use blendshapes anymore, though I'm sure with some work that would be feasible. Oh and also the eyes that have a totally different shader which makes them unmergeable.

There is a LOD slider on the character manager, which works fine but is there any script to use on runtime like LODGroup or do you have to create a script and refresh the slider depending on the distance by myself ?

I'm guessing you have a lot of internal tools, is there something to randomize a character with the blendshapes that you could provide ? Clearly there are too much blendshapes too check a good range for a randomized value and even blendshapes that should not be tweaked because the character would not look human anymore.

Thanks !

45. XCO

XCO

Is there anyway to change the scale of the Cloths or there bones in unity ?

Also does removing the Morphs help with optimization, Can I pick and choose which morphs I want to remove at runtime ? TY

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  46. MFKJ

MFKJ

Thanks MCS team For reply,

I have made two short videos. Please check and let me know what i am doing wrong

Rendering Mode Change to opaque Solve the First Problem (is this correct way to solve this issue)

Skin Poke through cloth and and Alpha mask Head texture missing.

Problem when Animation play in MCS Female

(Note: I don't know why sound is not working in video 1 and 2 but i have covered all things in theses three videos. I have downloaded the video from Youtube and sound is working. For sound you can download the video from youtube.)

I have also check alpha mask:Head in pants and different objects, its actually empty. I assigned Alpha Mask: body image to head but still problem persist. Remember there is no LOD0-head occlusion alpha mask available in AlphaInjection folders. I have also re-imported the Jersy girl but still not texture found in Alpha injection folder.

I have also tried Ciao_Bella_Outfit,
    in Jacket, there is texture
    M3DFemale_LOD0-CiaoBellaJacket_29439_LOD0-Head_LOD0-occlusion available,
    I applied it to jacket but skin still poke through jacket while Pant folder don't have any head Alpha injection head texture.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  47. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Merging the eyes is pretty tricky based on how the layers of the eyes work. We would usually cut that portion of the geometry out when baking.

Regarding the lod, you'd have to handle this yourself.

For testing we would just use actual random blendshapes, but you could make use of our morph groups so that you only affect a few in each group (nose/mouth/etc).

48. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

I wouldn't recommend altering scale as a sub item. If you want to alter scale, create a container game object re-parent your figure to it, then adjust scale. For bones to work correctly (I'm assuming you want to scale select bones, not all) you'd have to tie into the jct system and mecanim human descriptor part (it does work but it's not easy).

You can pick and choose, yes it helps b/c each morph has to be loaded/processed/stored, it's mostly a memory thing.

XCO likes this.
  49. Alex-3D

Alex-3D

Does this mean that neither M3DCharacterManager nor the CIbody switch the LODs in runtime in the same way that LodGroup does, and the user should add LodGroup script by himself first after placing the MCS actor in the scene?

50. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

It looks like you're using Deferred rendering, try changing the shader to our deferred skin and see if the problems clear up.

Also if not using deferred and your using our regular skin shader you do need to use cutout or pokethrough will not be clipped.