Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Copied Avatar Rig Configuration mis-match. Transform hierarchy does not match: Transform 'hip' for h

Discussion in 'Animation' started by MFKJ, Nov 7, 2017.

1. MFKJ

MFKJ

I have get stuck in this problem from last couple of days and don't know how to solve as I am not an animaton expert.

I am using MCS Female Character and Mixamo Animation to animate the character but the problem is Animation is not compatible with my chracter. As i play idle animation on my character its hand go inside of the thigh. Maybe the reason is the character avatar definition is different compare to the Mixamo character.

So I am using Mixamo animation Rig Tab and copying avatar definition From Other Avatar (MCS avatar) but getting this error.

Copied Avatar Rig Configuration mis-match. Transform hierarchy does not match:
    Transform 'hip' for human bone 'Hips' not found.

Apparently error mean to change hip name to hips. But again problem is, If I configure M3DFemale (Change hip name to Hips) and bring the M3dCharacter in hierarchy again then, its name also not changing and the error still persist. what should I do ? How to make compatible Mixamo animation with my MCS character? As currently my M3dCharacter hands are going inside of the character Thigh.

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Is this the only issue - the hands going inside the thigh when the animation plays? If so you can adjust the avatar muscle ranges - to limit the motion of the arms, this will keep the arms from going into the thighs, or it helps reduce it greatly.

3. MFKJ

MFKJ

Thanks but i belive that each animation will bring new challenges. is there any generalized method to overcome the problem?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Yep - adjust the muscle definitions - or - editing the animations externally to fit your own character. Those are the two options.

5. Jay_Yu

Jay_Yu

Hi,
    I got the same problem, did you find the way to figure out this? If you did, can you share with me? Thanks in advance and have a good one.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

still alive? i want to know the solution

7. thevelsun

thevelsun

So I found the solution and its pretty simple, the problem comes from the exportation in blender, before exporting your model, select your rig and the 3d model or just press "a", then when you are exporting, make sure to check selected object, and BOUM, everything is fixed, Enjoy !

8. kyzzer

kyzzer

When exporting from blender make sure to call your metarig "Hips"

9. Destructive_dino

Destructive_dino

for me, my character kept sinking to the waist, so i searched up how to fix it and a solution that involved this problem came up. i tried but then this error showed