Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We've updated our Terms of Service. Please read our blog post from Unity CTO and Co-Founder Joachim Ante here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Copied Avatar Rig Configuration mis-match. Transform hierarchy does not match: Transform 'hip' for h

Discussion in 'Animation' started by MFKJ, Nov 7, 2017.

1. MFKJ

MFKJ

I have get stuck in this problem from last couple of days and don't know how to solve as I am not an animaton expert.

I am using MCS Female Character and Mixamo Animation to animate the character but the problem is Animation is not compatible with my chracter. As i play idle animation on my character its hand go inside of the thigh. Maybe the reason is the character avatar definition is different compare to the Mixamo character.

So I am using Mixamo animation Rig Tab and copying avatar definition From Other Avatar (MCS avatar) but getting this error.

Copied Avatar Rig Configuration mis-match. Transform hierarchy does not match:
    Transform 'hip' for human bone 'Hips' not found.

Apparently error mean to change hip name to hips. But again problem is, If I configure M3DFemale (Change hip name to Hips) and bring the M3dCharacter in hierarchy again then, its name also not changing and the error still persist. what should I do ? How to make compatible Mixamo animation with my MCS character? As currently my M3dCharacter hands are going inside of the character Thigh.

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Is this the only issue - the hands going inside the thigh when the animation plays? If so you can adjust the avatar muscle ranges - to limit the motion of the arms, this will keep the arms from going into the thighs, or it helps reduce it greatly.

3. MFKJ

MFKJ

Thanks but i belive that each animation will bring new challenges. is there any generalized method to overcome the problem?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Yep - adjust the muscle definitions - or - editing the animations externally to fit your own character. Those are the two options.

5. Jay_Yu

Jay_Yu

Hi,
    I got the same problem, did you find the way to figure out this? If you did, can you share with me? Thanks in advance and have a good one.