Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Lordenfel: Adventure Environment Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ManaStation, Aug 4, 2020.

1. mick129

mick129

I can't find the Dungeon Architect's theme inside the package, was it included or is it somewhere else?

Great asset by the way :)
    Edit: It is also not included in DA's sample content.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  2. nevaermorr

nevaermorr

Hi there!

First of all, these assets look great and I can't wait to use them!

Since it supports DunGen and Dungeon Architect - which one would be preferred/easier/better to use? I haven't used any of them and wondering which one I should get for the best compatibility and possibilities offered. I would be really grateful for pros/cons for both of them. Thanks!

3. ManaStation

ManaStation

Hey! Thanks for purchasing the pack! It's in the Prefabs\Architecture\CompleteRooms\FirstPersonDungeon
    Not that easy to find, we know. Just needed to keep it all organized.

Thanks for your interest! :) We would love to give you some instructions here, but truth is - you're probably not gonna be disappointed by either option. They both work really well. As for the feature set - we can't possibly cover every important detail here. The publishers did a great job of explaining it all, so please consider checking their pages - you'll get a much better picture.

iani_ancilla and mick129 like this.
  4. mick129

mick129

It work great and this us a huge time saver thanks!
    All I need is to tweak a bit so it remain nice from outside

5. ManaStation

ManaStation

Awesome, glad it works for you!
    Thanks a lot for the review! We appreciate the support! :)

mick129 likes this.
  6. alan_dale

alan_dale

The assets are really gorgeous, I love them!
    One possible issue though: Unity complains that many of them have overlapping UVs, which might cause issues with light maps.

7. ManaStation

ManaStation

Thanks a lot! :)
    Yeah, Unity does that. Don't worry, we've tweaked the settings manually. Sad news is Unity hates LODs when it comes to GI, and you'll have to wait a long time for the bake to complete. We suggest just using real time model for now.

8. Rowlan

Rowlan

After evaluating the asset store description I went with Dungeon Architect, it seems the much more powerful option. I just tried the latest Dungeon Architect version with latest Lordenfel version and noticed some problems:

Missing script:

da1.png

Walls don't align:

da2.jpg

That's the problem of Dungeon Architect, isn't it?

And a feature request: I've seen that you can also create a Stronghold, at least there's an example scene for that in Dungeon Architect. I think it would be super awesome for everyone if you could create such an example scene with Lordenfel. Just as a start for everyone :)

Thank you very much for the consideration!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  9. ManaStation

ManaStation

Hey man! :) Yeah, we've even put a warning in the description saying this might happen with certain seed numbers.

We've discussed this over email a bit, I'm just gonna repeat it here for everybody - you can lower "Collision Test Contraction", but you would be trading one problem for the other - at the value of 14, DA will stop generating dungeons at certain seeds at all. And it's still gonna overlap sometimes. If you're using it for offline generation, it's not a problem, but kind of an issue for runtime.

Thanks, we'll look into it! :)

Rowlan likes this.
  10. camta005

camta005

I've been having some fun playing around with the DunGen implementation:

I'm curious to know if there are any future plans for the asset, so I can decide what to spend my time on. My thoughts are similar to @Rowlan that it would be nice to have some outdoor prefabs to help with creating things like strongholds. But honestly if you did nothing else to this asset it is more than worth it :)

Rowlan likes this.
  11. ManaStation

ManaStation

Actually, we've been discussing this here as well. We're talking about large fortified walls and towers, right?
    Good news is, there are battlements and buttresses already in the pack. And we'll consider adding large structures and presets. I really can't make promises, though :)

Thanks a lot for the video btw! :)

camta005 and Rowlan like this.
  12. Rowlan

Rowlan

In case anyone tries 2020.2.0f1 with HDRP 10.2.2 and wonders about some weird shadowing / shine-through while you move the camera, it's caused by Ambient Occlusion -> Temporal Accumulation. Disable it and you're fine.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    ManaStation and camta005 like this.
  13. Rowlan

Rowlan

I thought I'd remove the backdrop mountains and add an ocean and stuff :D

dmenefee and ManaStation like this.
  14. ManaStation

ManaStation

Thanks for the tip, man! I've tried it just now - for me, it happens if I have both Game and Scene views visible at the same time. Weird...

Wow, this is wonderful! The sea kinda changes the perception of the whole scene, doesn't it? Good job on the surrounding cliffs too, they make all the difference! Thanks a lot for doing this! :)

15. Rowlan

Rowlan

That might actually explain what's happening. Gonna file a bug report with Unity.

It's you publisher's assets, I just mixed them. I'm severly impressed by the performance. I didn't expect it to be that good :)

16. ManaStation

ManaStation

Yeah, your monster video card is actually an overkill here :)

17. Rowlan

Rowlan

ManaStation likes this.
  18. camta005

camta005

I've been looking at this error. The problem is the World to Local in Torch_Fire_VFX_01:

upload_2020-12-21_2-21-36.png

Removing it seems to fix the error.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
    ManaStation and Rowlan like this.
  19. ManaStation

ManaStation

Oh, thanks a lot! Made a note to fix this :)

camta005 likes this.
  20. Rowlan

Rowlan

I found a very nice combination of assets for the Lordenfel Dungeons: Spiderweb Generator and Camel Spider Monster

At first it started like this:

spider 01.jpg
    but then I couldn't stop duplicating and rescaling

big boss.jpg
    and the big boss is now that

real big boss.jpg
    :D

I'm really impressed with the fact that this is all Standard Pipeline :)

ManaStation likes this.
  21. Rowlan

Rowlan

Yeah, that wasn't enough. I just painted more :D

Lordenfel Boss Room:

nest.jpg

22. ManaStation

ManaStation

Thank you for these, @Rowlan! Looks like a scene from a classic RPG! We need a good fire spell here, I think. There's probably just the right scroll lying around :)

I though that might be the standard pipeline :) Yeah, we managed to get a good lighting in standard as well, but it wasn't always the case. The trick is to get the lighting right in HDRP, after that it's much easier to reproduce it in Standard. This helps with URP as well.

Rowlan likes this.
  23. Rowlan

Rowlan

It was so much fun to toy around and a fire spell won't cut it anymore :D

scene 01.jpg
    A feature request please: It would be really handy if you could put all the gameobjects into a dedicated gameobject. It's just too much to extend the demo scene, ie you lose the overview. ie like this, I always have to wrap them manually into a gameobject (Dungeon Rooms) with the default transform:

rooms.png

The dungeons is easy, but the demo with the castle just takes some time to pick all of the gameobjects and move them. Same for reflection probes etc. Just some default categorization to get yourself started out of the box would be handy.

24. ManaStation

ManaStation

OMG... You shall not pass indeed :) Look at this nightmare...

Thanks! Made a note for the next update.

25. Rowlan

Rowlan

I wanted to see how Lordenfel integrates with the new Mountain Environment asset

l1.jpg
    l4.jpg
    l7.jpg
    l8.jpg
    l9.jpg

26. ManaStation

ManaStation

Whoa man, these screenshots are really nice! Amazing nature environment! Seems like Lordenfel is doing okay here :)
    The "Walls and Towers" update is almost ready, I wonder how it would work with these wonderful nature assets.
    Thanks a lot for sharing! :)

Rowlan likes this.
  27. bradbecker

bradbecker

Looks like a higher-res Valheim!

28. bradbecker

bradbecker

@ManaStation What all in Lordenfel and Multistory dungeons is it safe to delete if you're just doing first person?

29. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Those pics look great. Which mountain environment asset is that?

30. ManaStation

ManaStation

Oh, yeah, it does! The Yggdrassil is missing, though...
    @Rowlan Any chance you have something to represent Yggdrassil? :)

Sorry, I don't think I understand the question :) Would be happy to answer if you elaborate, though :)

Must be this one: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/vegetation/mountain-environment-dynamic-nature-191851

31. Rowlan

Rowlan

Unfortunately not, but I guess someone here has Yggdrasil from Unity. It was in Unity Pro for free afaik. Would be nice to see that all combined :)

32. ManaStation

ManaStation

Yeah, that would be an interesting experiment! We'll give it a go after this huge "Fortress update", then :)

Speaking of which - here's a scene created in 15 minutes using models from the update.
    It was too easy...
    Towers and walls are presets now, so it takes no time to build fortresses like this one.
    Just to compare, the first demo took us 2 weeks to create :)

Screenshots made in UE4, but it's gonna look pretty much like this in Unity as well :)

Let us know what you think! We're ever grateful for your feedback!

33. Rowlan

Rowlan

That's highly appreciated. When I was about to create a castle for my scene I noticed that it's all small parts and as much as I like modularized stuff for flexibility, I didn't have the time to build a castle. All I wanted was drag a castle over, without rocks, terrain or other objects. So I'm really looking forward to the update, it looks gorgeous.

34. ManaStation

ManaStation

Thanks for all the likes you guys, it means a lot!
    Yeah, we eventually realized it's a big problem and that's what we're trying to improve with this update. In addition to the walls and towers, we also made large cliff and rock formations, ivy presets and some other things to make it all easier.

Thanks a lot, man! :) It should be out pretty soon, there's only technical work left.

ScourgeGames, Rowlan and KeithBrown like this.
  35. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

I started to use it for my next major game release. It's an absolute pleasure using this asset. The visuals you get right out of the box are amazing.

In particular, I really like your post processing profile settings. Any chance you could make a few more variants like ones suitable for night time or perhaps for the darker sections of the indoor dungeons?

ManaStation likes this.
  36. ManaStation

ManaStation

Hey man! Thanks a lot for the kind words! :)
    You're on Mobile and URP, right? How's the performance with all the LODs and materials?

Thanks for the request! I'm very tempted to promise because it seems like a small thing, but I really shouldn't :) Somehow we don't always manage to fulfill requests... Made a note about it for the future, though :)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    Rajmahal likes this.
  37. Rowlan

Rowlan

@ManaStation i just installed the latest update. it needs a fix for the hdrp version, the console is flood-spammed with this:

Assertion failed on expression: 'lhs != rhs && lhs != res && rhs != res'

ie the VFX problem.

And as mentioned before it would be really helpful to have a grouping and not all in a single hierarchy:

hierarchy.png

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    ManaStation likes this.
  38. Rowlan

Rowlan

The prefabs are awesome. Just opened Mountain Environment, dragged a Lordenfel Tower in it, then a Raccoon and let it do its thing, was a matter of seconds :D

climbing 1.jpg

climbing 3.jpg

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    ManaStation likes this.
  39. ManaStation

ManaStation

OMG :D You always manage to surprise me!

Thanks for reporting the VFX problem, gonna take a look right away! :)

Rowlan likes this.
  40. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

I'm using the standard pipeline ... URP proved to be problematic for me (though I forget the details). Will be targeting PC first and then optimizing it for mobile after the PC launch.

ManaStation likes this.
  41. ManaStation

ManaStation

I see, thanks for the details! Makes me happy to think how much power you have with PC version :) Hope it's gonna work out really well!

42. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

@ManaStation I've got a few artifacts using the built-in pipeline and I wonder if you have seen this. I progressive baked with GPU at a couple different levels (12, 8) and I'm wondering if this is just a bug in the preview release of the baker. Baking with CPU is way too slow. Doesn't seem to have the artifacts if I just clear the bake and use dynamic.

Any thoughts?

upload_2021-5-20_18-37-2.png

upload_2021-5-20_18-37-45.png

upload_2021-5-20_18-38-17.png

43. ManaStation

ManaStation

Hey man! Good to see you! :)
    You just need to check "Generate lightmap UVs" in the import settings for the fbx files. We have them unchecked by default, because it takes ages to import the pack otherwise.
    Please navigate to "Lordenfel\Source", select all fbx files, and check "Generate lightmap UVs". It'll take a minute to process.

Bad news is GPU Lightmapper will probably fall back to CPU eventually. It might work for small rooms, but we never managed to bake the "Overgrown Ruins" level (CPU takes hours to bake, as you said). This is why we recommend using dynamic lighting for now. It looks pretty good in our opinion :)

ScourgeGames likes this.
  44. Rowlan

Rowlan

Tiled baking is incoming:

https://portal.productboard.com/uni.../555-gpu-progressive-lightmapper-tiled-baking

ManaStation likes this.
  45. mick129

mick129

I don't expect a yes but it can't hurt to ask. I'm switching to Unreal and I was wondering if it is possible to either transfer or get the equivalent on Unreal?

ManaStation likes this.
  46. ManaStation

ManaStation

Oooh, that sounds great! So basically it needs more video memory... Hmm...
    Also, I can see they're working on Realtime GI. That's awesome too!

Of course! We don't want you to pay twice. Just sent you a PM, please check your inbox :)

mick129 likes this.
  47. mick129

mick129

And this is why you are the best :)!

ManaStation likes this.
  48. ManaStation

ManaStation

mick129 likes this.
  49. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Of course you would know this :D

I'm building some stuff again, and Lordenfel is my go-to right now for levels. I just love it. The dynamic lighting is just fine for my needs. Unity needs to get their progressive light mapper fixed.

Thanks for the awesome asset. :)

ManaStation likes this.
  50. ManaStation

ManaStation

Thank you for the kind words! :) That's awesome, would be great to take a look at what you're building!