Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Gradient Picker for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Rowlan, Jun 2, 2022.

1. Rowlan

Rowlan

Gradient Picker for Unity got released to the Asset Store. It was free before on GitHub, but supporting assets in my spare time takes its toll. So I decided to move to the Asset Store.

Description

Gradient Picker for Unity is an editor extension which allows you to create gradient images directly from within Unity by sampling the colors at the mouse cursor.

This works in a way that it's possible to retrieve colors even from outside the Unity Editor, i. e. you can pick gradients from the desktop, photos, etc.

The gradients can be saved as images and used in professional Unity Assets like MicroSplat Global Texturing in order to e. g. give the terrain a native gradient look.

The gradients can also be used to create Presets for Unity's internal gradient picker which facilitates selecting colors.

Examples

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022