Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] [Free] SNES Emulator in Editor Window...

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by bocs, Feb 16, 2016.

1. bocs

bocs

a case of "Why am I doing this?"...This is what happens when I read a forum post and think, that will be easy.

a few years ago, I added VR support to the emulator:
    https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1166

So I was thinking it would be easy to add to Unity...
    Made a .dll with an easy API...then it hit me, omg it's 32bit and I'm using 64bit Unity and I wasted all that time.
    Almost gave up, as this code has a ton of hand written assembly, so compiling for 64bit is out.

I wanted to figure out how to solve the problem...64bit to 32bit communication.
    Decided to keep it simple, use windows messages and memory map the frame buffer.

Seems to work well enough...

Download:
    http://bocs.site/files/snesv0.1.1.unitypackage
    *Does NOT contain any ROMS, you will need to supply your own.

System Requirements: Windows PC

Currently Hardcoded:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     Pads[0].Left = 37;//Arrow Keys
    2.     Pads[0].Right = 39;
    3.     Pads[0].Up = 38;
    4.     Pads[0].Down = 40;
    6.     Pads[0].A = 68;//D
    7.     Pads[0].B = 88;//X
    8.     Pads[0].X = 83;//S
    9.     Pads[0].Y = 90;//Z
    10.     Pads[0].L = 65;//A
    11.     Pads[0].R = 70;//F
    12.     Pads[0].Start = 13;//Enter
    13.     Pads[0].Select = 32;//Space

Credits
    Snes9X for the great emulator. (http://www.snes9x.com/)

This is 100% Free, but If you like it and feel the need to give something.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  2. chingwa

chingwa

Well there goes all my productivity, thanks. :)

twobob and theANMATOR2b like this.
  3. Muro1

Muro1

This is very nice but this programed emulator only works for PC, is their possible way to works on Android phones or I should download the regular SNES Emulators like Snes9x or RetroArch. I'm new at this stuff like emulators ROMs on the phone,pc.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  4. warthos3399

warthos3399

Im actually an Emulator author (1964, a N64 emu, my name was Duncan in those days, look it up), i like what you have done, but you now have to deal with people asking about IOS/Andriod ports, and for VR, that may be a challenge, as those of us in the console/emu scene developed for the PC, not VR/IOS/Andriod or else.

Snes9x authors are close friends of mine, they have done some great work, good to see you chose them instead of other options, and i applaud your contribution, best of luck :)

5. mathcoderd

mathcoderd

The emulator works perfectly as shown in the video. I have just tried it implementing few games from ROM Packs and it does what it does. However, it would be great if I can run it on MAC aswell. Anyway, great contribution.