Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. XANTOMEN

XANTOMEN

Ah perfect! Great to know things were already accounted for or will be there soon :D

Thanks!

On the frequency of weather based on order:

I see! It's good there is a way already, but I find it undesirable to have numbers I'm unaware of (The UI gives no real clue about sorting translating into priority, documentation doesn't seem to either) or ones I can't set in this context, as it ties my hands when designing.

Then again, I do see how there'd be a challenge on how to neatly communicate the interaction between weather probability per zone and the already existing probability per season... Uhm.

Also, any ETA on when 2.1.0 will come out? I've been searching the thread to find a clue about this :)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  2. VictorKs

VictorKs

Volume lighting looks a bit weird on transparent and fade materials like it is absorbed

Image link: https://ibb.co/SRZTvG6

Hair is transparent rest is opaque, why does this happen is it expected behaviour and is there a way to reduce this?

3. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

I am using my own configuration to turn HDR on/off by a user setting:

Camera.main.allowHDR = Globals.Configdata.UseHDR;
    EnviroSky.instance.HDR = Globals.Configdata.UseHDR;

If I turn it off, in EnviroSky gameobject is HDR off, but there is a gameobject child "GlobalsReflections" and there "HDR" is on. How do I turn it off? Are there others?

4. DrInternet

DrInternet

Hello,

may I have this fixed? I understand it's sometimes hard to make a patch "on the fly", but 2 months (or more, idk) is enough to fix "a known small issue". I also understand that you prolly want to "batch" a fixes instead of uploading them one by one, but last enviro update was half year ago.

5. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Hey,
    Might it be the known Fog scenario when using Enviro fog with tranparent shaders? Normally you need to add Enviro code to all your transparent Shaders to not have this issue. The code is posted often here on the forums and can also be found in the documentation.

Cheers
    Ronny

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

How to get ride of the height bug

Cloud on medium ( 2000-4500 )
    cloud01.jpg

Cloud on custom ( 4500 - 6000 ) cloud02.jpg

Waterlane likes this.
  7. Waterlane

Waterlane

"The editor scene preview of all enviro effects like clouds, volume lighting and fog will be in 2.1.0 with toggles out of the box. :) So you will have a close to final look while you are working in your scenes. "

-really looking forward to this! :)

Vondox likes this.
  8. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

Hi, any release date for HDRP support? Thanks.

9. Waterlane

Waterlane

- oh yes - really wanting this as well...

10. Rowlan

Rowlan

Sometimes it's just beautiful to watch the sun go up and down :D

mmaclaurin, Vondox and Bartolomeus755 like this.
  11. Rowlan

Rowlan

What do you mean? The black area? You have to disable "Black Ground Mode"

bg.png

12. razzraziel

razzraziel

talking about this?

https://i.ibb.co/RgCNhLz/image.png

or is there any code to add inside of transparent materials' shaders? because i couldnt see anything about fog in documentation.

13. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

No take a look to this post:
    [RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

You need add code to your transparent shaders like in the post for example for Aquas or the Gaia Water to get the right Volumetric Fog effect. Without this you will have issues using transparent shaders that come with transparent windows, water shaders etc.

You need to do this for all your transparent shaders you are using with Enviro. So if assets come with Tranparent shaders you need to add the code to it.

Best regards
    Ronny

Vondox and razzraziel like this.
  14. transat

transat

Hmm. It's the only object on the screen that gets distorted, so it's a problem if that's the normal behaviour.

Also, your instructions for integration with Lux Water are no longer current... so I'm keen for 2.1 to finally be out!

15. gg_michael

gg_michael

Rather obvious question but just want to make sure before I pull the trigger, Enviro can be manipulated at runtime through scripts? Changing the weather, time, lighting, etc? I'd like to do as much as I can programmatically. Is it possible to spawn the whole system dynamically or does the prefab have to be placed in the scene prior?

EDIT: okay just read the documentation lol, looks like most can be done thru scripting

16. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, currently it works like this:

Starting with first entry of weather preset list and doing a check with the seasonal weather probability and a random number from 0 - 100. If the result is lower than the probability it will change to that weather. If not it will check on next preset.

Sorry I was ill the last two weeks. Starting now to finish last beta version and send it to the testers. Unfortunaly it all delayed now... Sorry!

Mark_01, XANTOMEN and mmaclaurin like this.
  17. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yes you need to modify transparent shaders to work with fog and volume lighting, as these effects need the camera depth texture and transparent materials are not "inside" this texture.

There is a transparent shader included in enviro, if you need nothing fancy that should work out of the box, otherwise you could send me your shader and I will modify it for you later. But still need to modify some other shaders from other users before. :D

VictorKs likes this.
  18. Vondox

Vondox

Nope, not yet sorry... :D

19. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, this will be fixed in 2.1.0, but I could send you an hotfix if you need this asap. Please contact me in private message then.

20. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry for that long time waiting for a fix. I have it right in 2.1.0 with all the moon rework done. I could backport it if you need this asap. The next update will be a the biggest one yet and also includes the new lite version of enviro and all the needed restructures and rewrites to allow that all upcoming updates are for both versions of enviro. Also includes the preperation for srp update and so much more.
    I think 2.0.5 is a quite stable version, that's works well for most people, besides maybe a few visual "things" that could be improved and will be in 2.1.0. But it I thought there where no reason to put additional work to backport those for 2.0 and release an extra update. But I maybe should have done that... Sorry! :D

Mark_01 and DrInternet like this.
  21. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yes there is an api you can use in your own scripts. You also should be able to instantiate the prefab in runtime, but I haven't tested that yet to be true.

22. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I will investigate that later before I send beta version to testers. About LUX integration: You don't need the guide anymore, all changes inside that guide are already implemented in LUX. You only need to activate the enviro define in LUX Water. Only part missing right now is the improved underwater fog handling in enviro fog shader. That will be included in 2.1.0.

23. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you should be ably to toggle that by accesing the probe:

EnviroSky.instance.Components.GlobalReflectionProbe

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  24. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

It works, thanks :)

25. VictorKs

VictorKs

Got it I use the standard shader so nothing fancy needed I will look for the included transparency shader, thanks for the help!

26. Deleted User

Deleted User

Nah thats fine, ill wait

27. SveinEven

SveinEven

Hello Vondox.

Did you find some time to take a look at the shader?
    Thanks

28. scotchtapelord

scotchtapelord

Hi. I'm looking to add weather, time of day, and seasons to my game. I am using low poly art so I don't need AAA weather. I'm leaning toward the mobile version since I don't have huge requirements and I want it to perform efficiently. The only thing I don't see mentioned for mobile is networking, but I think I can work out the networking part myself. Which version should I choose?

eaque likes this.
  29. gecko

gecko

I just updated MicroSplat in my project, and I now suddenly have a problem with the Microsplat-Enviro integration script. No errors, but it uses 13330ms on the CPU. Any idea what to do about that? (I also posted on the MS topic in case Jason might know what changed to trigger this.)

30. eaque

eaque

Now i'm scared of updating MicroS!! Good info thanks! Those continuous updates of everything are a pain for someone searching for a stable work environment...

Hope they'll find out!

31. eaque

eaque

@Vondox I would like to see pics or more infos from your mobile version too!! Gonna update it tonight considering the cost for enviro owners (thanks for that)! I would like to test the visuals and the performance!

32. gecko

gecko

Well, this may be related to a different issue I'm having, still trying to figure it out. I don't think it's a general problem with MicroSplat at all, so if I were you, I'd go ahead and update it.

eaque likes this.
  33. miklelottesen

miklelottesen

Hi

It's been a while, so I'm starting to think that maybe you missed my reply or something. I'd very much appreciate if you could create that script - I've attempted to create one myself, without anything that remotely resembles luck.

Thanks is advance

34. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please import the package attached. It includes all the Water4 files and the fixed shader you attached. Btw. if you have some spare dollars you may should take a look on LUX Water asset if you may want some better water in your project.

Attached Files:

Mark_01 and mmaclaurin like this.
  35. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, give the lite version a try. But please note that the current online one is very old and will be replaced soon. Contact me after purchase and I could send you latest version, so you can start working with it. The new one also supports out of the box networking with UNet, Photon PUN 2 and Mirror.

36. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, I will release more information soon.

37. Vondox

Vondox

HI, I will create and send you the script tomorrow.

38. eaque

eaque

HI
    I tried mobile version here is what happens when i enable enviro script
    upload_2019-2-6_22-9-56.png

39. runningbird

runningbird

Oooh I need the one that is compatible with Mirror!

40. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, I will send you download for latest lite version soon.

41. Bentlman1981

Bentlman1981

Having extreme shadow flicker problems with the basic settings. I have tried adjusting bias on the Enviro light as well as clip planes. Nothing changes this yet. (gif quality makes no difference, it looks just like the gif when I press play)

Using Gamma

https://imgur.com/a/6omP9FT

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  42. Rowlan

Rowlan

Linear or Gamma?

43. Bentlman1981

Bentlman1981

It's gamma, The problem was cascade splits under quality settings if anyone else has the problem.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    jimmygladfelter likes this.
  44. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, so your issue is fixed, right?

45. TheStrongSkye

TheStrongSkye

I still have one more problem, Aquas is not reflecting any clouds and the fog is not working for aquas, take a look:

I think the integration script works properly, the enviro day sounds are muted when i go underwater, also the enviro fog disables when i go underwater. The script is on Aquas waterplane. Do you know how to fix it?

46. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please take a look into Scripts -> AQUAS Integration folder: There is a step by step guide to modify the AQUAS shader to work with fog and volume lighting. But for raymarch clouds reflections you also would need to add the EnviroCloudsReflection component to the AQUAS Reflection camera by script. Tell me when you need help with that in provate message.

47. icefreedom

icefreedom

Hi. i have EnviroSky on scene and simple on trigger function on my object but that trigger is always EnviroSky. I need to detect other colliders. Thank you for any reply.
    private void OnTriggerEnter(Collider other)
    { if (enter) { Debug.Log("entered:"+ other.gameObject.name); } }

48. Vondox

Vondox

Hello,
    I think best solution would be to setup your physics collision matrix that your objects layer can't interact with the enviro collider layer. ("Ignore Raycast" by default).
    Goto: Edit -> Project Settings -> Physics and setup something like that:

upload_2019-2-9_16-12-13.png

Otherwise you also can solve that in your trigger code by checking what object it triggered.

49. TheStrongSkye

TheStrongSkye

Ok, Fog is working now properly, I've written to you in private message about clouds reflections but I need help i one thing. I am making underwater sound effects - after getting into a water, all sounds are lowpassed. Simple Code that sets mixer for audio sources - It's added in Aquas Lens Effects script. The problem is that I don't know how to set enviro sounds to that array variable. On the scene there are audio sources like "AudioSourceAmbient", "AudioSourceThunder" etc. After hitting play, the editor shows null reference exception, in the inspector i can see "missing audio source". Enviro Audio Sources has disappeared. Do you know maybe how to fix that?

50. Wawwaa

Wawwaa

Hi,

I bought your asset yesterday. I bought it for the game I am working on but now I see your asset can be implemented on many other game concepts. It is very nice asset. I love to wander around in demo scenes.

My problem is: I am making a space game that you can land on a spherical planet without loading screen. Thus, I can't use unity terrain, but I generate part of a spherical planet by quads. As the player moves forward in one direction the quads at a certain distance at the back are culled and new ones are generated in front direction, vice versa... As I am moving at the coordinates of a sphere, most of time the world y axis is not the same as my character's y axis (consider motion on the surface of a sphere with gravity towards the center of sphere). I need a weather system and your nice clouds on my planet. That's why I bought your asset. I wished I had been making a game on regular unity terrain after playing your demo scenes, but, well, too late for this project. :) The question is: how can I adopt your asset to my game. I am really not a newbie programmer, but somehow I could not find enough clues to do this.

Maybe I should mention one more information on my game: it is a multiplayer game. I use photon server. The players are initiated on load of the second scene. I dynamically assign the player variables in other scripts on load. i have my terrain, even my atmosphere, I just need to isolate clouds and weather events from your asset and apply to my scene.

So, what do you suggest me to approach this problem? Where should I look first to begin with?

Great asset, to mention it again.