Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Necka_

Necka_

It does add the skybox but the warning stays :(

2. Vondox

Vondox

3. namdo

namdo

Im having an issue with the Fantasy Adventure Environment cliff. The lights hitting the cliffs flicker when using enviro.

https://imgur.com/fqKsNaR

Do you notice the flickering on the cliffs behind the girl? IT seems to happen when I'm using Enviro. DO you have any idea what could be causing it?

When I disable the enviro directional light the flickering goes away

4. gecko

gecko

Actually, Lennart is adding CTI integration to Vegetation Studio Pro, so we'll use that with the forthcoming Enviro-VSP integration, which is part of 2.1, right? Would love to try that beta when it's in shape.

5. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Thats because the Shadow Bias settings of your Enviro Lightning Object are different. Change them to something similar to your Direct Lightning Object where you don't have the problems.
    Normally you have to experiment with it to get the best results when using different terrains etc.
    Change "Bias", "Normal Bias" and "Near Plane" and you should be able to avoid those clipping.

Cheers
    Ronny

Vondox likes this.
  6. namdo

namdo

Thanks.

Another question, how do i change the night sky color? Ive been trying to but when i change the scattering color it only affects daytime.

7. scottlaforge

scottlaforge

Apologies if this has been answered previously. Are there any tutorials for syncing Enviro using Photon? Would like to at least sync time of day.

8. scottlaforge

scottlaforge

I found this post here regarding how to link Enviro to Photon and sync weather. Please note that the scripts need to be updated. There were several errors due to changes in Photon.

9. scottlaforge

scottlaforge

Also of note, after fixing the errors and adding the script to the EnviroSky prefab, the weather and time of day still did not sync. I set the time of day to run 5 minutes of day and 5 minutes of night, but nothing happened. They were completely out of sync. One had clouds while the other was clear sky. One was night while the other was day. Perhaps I'm doing something incorrect.

10. eaque

eaque

yes, in the enviro sky menu...

11. scottlaforge

scottlaforge

In case it is useful, I'm running Unity v2018.2.19f1 and Enviro - Sky and Weather v2.0.5.

Thanks in advance for any help.

12. Harekelas

Harekelas

Hi @Vondox ,
    Any method in the EnviroSky can let me update the reflection probe manually?

13. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks for your report. I have updated and fixed the photon integration for latest photon pun 2 version. Please import the package and add the component to your EnviroSky object.

Attached Files:

scottlaforge likes this.
  14. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, what color do you want for night time? If you only want night to be brighter blue you can modify the left of "Sky Luminence" (higher values) and "Sky Color Power" (lower values) curves. If you need a stylized night color in another color I could send you a modified shader that got an additional color curve for this.

15. Vondox

Vondox

No sorry, I would deactivate the reflection updates in enviro and use your own probe for that.

16. scottlaforge

scottlaforge

Thanks so much @Vondox. I'll import and let you know if I have any issues.

17. scottlaforge

scottlaforge

@Vondox One last question: Do I need to set anything in the ObservedComponents of the PhotonView that gets automatically added when I add The EnviroPhotonIntegration component? Thanks!

18. scottlaforge

scottlaforge

Nevermind. I just tested and it is all working as expected without adding anything to the Observed Components. Thanks so much for your quick response and help!

Vondox likes this.
  19. namdo

namdo

Yes please send it. I'm looking for Stylized Skies including clouds but the sky is more important.

20. GameDev00

GameDev00

Hi, I'm having an issue with the rendering of distant volumetric clouds, and I'm wondering if it's on my end or inherent in the system. It seems that at a certain transition point, the clouds change in density and color, and become slightly misaligned.

upload_2019-1-8_14-9-21.png

upload_2019-1-8_14-16-27.png

The split point becomes very apparent when the weather map is removed.

upload_2019-1-8_14-10-52.png

Is there a solution to this? My project requires a clear view of distant clouds, and the split line poses a serious issue in using the volumetric clouds, which are otherwise exactly what we need. Thanks, and please let me know if you need more information.

21. KromBagelsky

KromBagelsky

Hi, I am having this problem with the sky and I can't find any solution.There are these lines which are moving in the sky, looks like they are affected by the sun light... The problem appear just recently, before everything was fine.
    Is the problem connected perhaps with enviro sky rendering script?
    I really hope that you can help me with this it's basically the last problem which I need to fix and my prototype is ready...
    Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks !!!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  22. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, this will be changed in 2.1.0. But you can easily change that yourself too. Please open the EnviroRaymarchClouds.shader and search for this line:

Code (CSharp):
    1. if (details && dist > 0.1)
    and change to:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (details)
    upload_2019-1-9_0-44-41.png

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Mark_01 likes this.
  23. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, what you see here is named colour banding and can be stronger or lesser be visible on some monitors. Next version will include an improved dithering to minimize this effect. I can send you a downlaod link for beta version later when I am finished the last beta test version.

24. GameDev00

GameDev00

That did it, thank you so much!

25. GameDev00

GameDev00

One more question, actually. Is there a way to mitigate the rippling effect that seems to happen when the clouds move? Turning up the raymarch seems to help, but the slider maxes out before I can get the look I need.

upload_2019-1-8_16-38-8.png

Thanks again!

26. Vondox

Vondox

This is related to samples rate of raymarching. First check your weather preset Raymarch Step modifier. You also can try to lower the maximum height or raise the minimum height of clodus a little bit, and test it with post processing later if they still are that much visible. It also will get a little bit better in 2.1.0.

Edit this is with "Raymarch Steps" = 160, Min Height = 2000 and Max Height = 45000 out of enviro 2.1.0:

upload_2019-1-9_1-50-30.png

Should be enough for not getting low sample artifacts.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  27. GameDev00

GameDev00

Lovely, thank you! What's the timeframe on 2.1.0?

28. Harekelas

Harekelas

I only need to update the probe on game start, for I'll only read the time data when the whole scene is loaded. But the global reflection will be wrong if the time is changed too differently.
    If I call EnviroSky.instance.Components.GlobalReflectionProbe.RenderProbe() after I changed the gameTime. Will it work?

29. KromBagelsky

KromBagelsky

Thank you so much @Vondox !!! Yes please send a link when you are ready, Thanks :) !!!

30. Vondox

Vondox

Yeah, should work.

31. bobbyrocks

bobbyrocks

I am not getting any type of errors that I can see. I lose alot of FPS it seems when it turns night time, but its really strange. Most of the time I will start out decent .. around 65 to 70 fps. I dont even have to move and I can sit and watch it drop fps until it gets to around 23fps or so. I can take a video and show you . There is hardly nothing in my world outside of enviro. wamp, a terrain. when I take enviro out completely the fps go to around 70fps

32. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, please check the profiler and send me a screenshot of it to find out what exactly eating your fps over time.

33. Raul_T

Raul_T

Hello @Vondox ,

How can we change the clouds time scale at runtime? We've tried with both
    Code (CSharp):
    1. EnviroInstance.cloudsSettings.cloudsTimeScale = cloudsTimeScale;
    2. EnviroInstance.profile.cloudsSettings.cloudsTimeScale = cloudsTimeScale;
    but neither seems to do anything at runtime. Is there any method needed to be called to "refresh" the setting?

EDIT: Nevermind, EnviroInstance.cloudsSettings.cloudsTimeScale works just fine. Just found out that I had another script of ours overriding it back to 1f on every time update. I should probably stop working late at night :D

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Vondox likes this.
  34. miklelottesen

miklelottesen

Hi

I'm having an issue with multiple cameras. I know there's an AdditionalCamera script, but I think my use case is somewhat different.

I use two cameras to render the main view:

1. A camera that renders an LOD terrain and the Skybox ONLY
    2. A camera that renders everything BUT the LOD terrain and the skybox (clear flag is depth only)

Cam 2 has a near clipping plane of 0.03 and a far clipping plane of 600.
    Cam 1 has a near clipping plane of 500 and a far clipping plane of 10000.

The idea is to allow me to overlap the terrain with my LOD terrain, without the LOD terrain being visible at close ranges.

I have set cam 1 to be the Enviro render target, but that means cam 2 doesn't render fog. Adding the AdditionalCamera script to cam 2 does indeed enable fog, but also forces cam 2 to render the skybox which completely covers everything that cam 1 renders, thus defeating the whole purpose.

Is there a way to disable the skybox for additional cameras, while keeping the fog effect?

35. bezo0

bezo0

Good afternoon. The question is:
    We have an event set once an hour. Everything works fine. But! If the time to fast forward for 3 hours, for example, the events will not work. No built-in functions to solve such problems?

36. Raul_T

Raul_T

We had a similar issue with the implementation in our game with our "sleep" and "pass time" gameplay features, which heavily uses per hour and minute events for handling player stats etc.

What we did was we developed our own controller for calculating the time manually, and whenever we add to the time x hours/minutes we invoke our own events x times.

Code (CSharp):
    1. private void Add(int hours, int minutes)
    2. {
    3.        Minute += minutes; // Minutes from 00 to 59
    4.        for (int i = 0; i < minutes; i++) timeEvents.onMinutePassed.Invoke(); // Handle minute passed event
    6.        if (Minute > 59) // Handle Minute cap
    7.        {
    8.             Minute %= 60;
    9.             Hour++; // When minute reach 60, increment hour
    10.             timeEvents.onHourPassed.Invoke(); // Handle hour passed event
    11.        }
    13.        Hour += hours; // Hours from 00 to 23
    14.        for (int i = 0; i < hours; i++) timeEvents.onHourPassed.Invoke(); // Handle hour passed event
    16.        if (Hour > 23) // Handle Hour cap
    17.        {
    18.             Hour %= 24; // When hour reach 24 increment days
    19.             Day++;
    20.             timeEvents.onDayPassed.Invoke(); // Handle day passed event
    21.        }
    22.        //.... handle days and years caps
    23. }
    You could alternatively "hack in" your own code to check the difference between last time and current time in enviro events script, and invoke the events based on that difference, but I find the first solution more elegant and friendly with enviro updates.

Hope this would help you make an idea on how to handle the issue :)

Vondox and treshold like this.
  37. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yeah that is an unusal setup. I could create a script for you that only does rendering fog on scene that you could use for your secondary camera. The included AdditionalCamera component is meant to be used for multi display setups where you want all enabled enviro effects active for your other displays aswell.

38. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I will have a look to add an built-in solution for that in a future update. For now @MadGoat solution looks fine. Thanks! :)

Raul_T likes this.
  39. es_vil

es_vil

Hello!

I'm having an issue where the moon doesn't seem to render.... what would be the proper setup for this? I've read somewhere in this thread that the moon camera must be culling only the moon, and the scene camera everything but the moon. I did that, and it's still not working.
    I know it's there thought, because I can see the glow that is supposed to come out of it and made my camera face towards it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  40. bezo0

bezo0

We absolutely also implemented, though we use only minutes, decided not to use the clock and the code less. I think this is the only adequate and easy result.

This is going to be very good.

41. transat

transat

Hi @XANTOMEN . Could you share what you did to get them properly integrated? Cheers!

42. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you already assigned a "moon" layer in EnviroSky -> "Rendering Setup"? Looks like it conflicts with some other asset here, so please try another layer.

However in 2.1.0 we don't need this moon camera anymore and no more moon layer setup.

43. Tony-Lovell

Tony-Lovell

Hi, Vondox. I am very much enjoying your asset, having previously used Silverlining and Tenkoku.

I am trying to figure out how I should approach your WeatherPreset-based control system -- my app has previously driven the other assets by setting parameters in an "a la carte" basis, e.g.: how much rain 0-1, how much snow 0-1, etc.

If I wanted to retain my previous model for specifying conditions, how might I proceed? My attempt to use the following code did not produce rain or snow (I tried this with updateWeather = true and false).

Code (csharp):
    2. eSky.Weather.snowStrength = 0.5f;
    3. eSky.Weather.wetness = 0.5f;
    If you really don't intend it to be used that way, I can just buckle down and use your WeatherPresets, but I would want to be able to specify which one I want to be used in script, asking your updating only to provide a transition to the new weather. I am not sure I see how to do that last part from your documentation.

tone

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  44. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please take a look into the Enviro WAPI Integration component. You could either use WAPI directly(https://github.com/adamgoodrich/WorldManager) or rewrite the component. This way you can use simple floats to control the weather of your scene. The system will translate your input to a matching weather preset that way.

45. es_vil

es_vil

Yup, even created a new layer just to double-check if it would fix it. Assigning a new layer doesn't fix it for me. I noticed that the camera component was unchecked on the moon camera, is that normal ? It's interferring with the main camera of the game if i turn it on, thought. Any ETA on 2.1.0 ? :)

46. razzraziel

razzraziel

I'm really glad to have Enviro, great asset. Have few questions.

Cloud shadows are still not %100 accurate right? Is there any way to achieve some light scattering among the clouds? Something like this:
    https://i.imgur.com/EP9sTXd.png

And i need 2 solutions for this scene maybe you can guide me.
    https://i.imgur.com/GyNpcYD.png
    1 - I have a transparent Volumetric Fog (Volumetric Fog&Myst) for volcano smoke and want to mask Enviro clouds behind it. Normally you dont see clouds with %100 smoke alpha but i wrote a script that when player goes away it starts to be transparent for blending with scene & Enviro distant fog. Yeah it blends pretty good but also you start to see clouds & sun behind it. Actually if it would work with enviro distant fog, my issue would have been resolved and there would be no need for transparency for smoke. How can i blend Volumetric Fog smoke with enviro distant fog?
    https://i.imgur.com/TW2HKWV.png

https://i.imgur.com/GyNpcYD.png
    2 - Also how to mask this mountain from morning sun glare?

47. LoekvanKooten

LoekvanKooten

Stupid question, which probably has a very easy solution. Is there an easy way to make the sun rise in the West and set in the East (temporarily)? This is for a fly-through in which I want the sun set in the direction I'm flying, while getting some landmarks in the fustrum.

48. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry those god rays through clouds are currently not implemented. But will be added in a later update.

About your smoke: You need to modify the volume fog shader to include the enviro fog function for that. Unfortunaly I don't have this asset, but please contact me in private chat if you need help with that.

Could you please send me your enviro profile about your mountain glare? Looks a but strange and should look different.

49. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please try to rotate the EnviroSky object transform to match your scenery.

LoekvanKooten likes this.
  50. RealistikDash

RealistikDash

Hey, the Photon sync seems to be a bit broken (or at least while using the UFPS Multiplayer Photon)