Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Corgi Engine - Complete 2D/2.5D Platformer [new v8.0 : advanced damage system]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by reuno, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Dumpling007

Dumpling007

I didn't find any compilation errors, and I was fine with the first ver8.8 update, but when I opened Unity again, the scripts couldn't be mounted, there were no compilation issues, and all the scripts in the Cogi engine couldn't be mounted

Or how to go back to an old version of Corgi

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
  2. reuno

reuno

@Dumpling007 > The second screenshot you posted tells you what to do : fix your compile errors. You've got a compile error (or more) preventing your inspectors from loading. Or maybe you've run into an editor bug, could be both. Again I'd recommend simply rolling back to a previous commit using your VCS and trying again.

3. Dumpling007

Dumpling007

If you don't upgrade to a new version, So is there another way to fix "Fixes a potential null ref in the damage resistance processor when receiving non typed knockback" like if I rewrite the script, Adds an attack type to MeleeWeapon

4. reuno

reuno

@Dumpling007 > Sure, you could just copy the DamageResistanceProcessor class from 8.8, it fixed that particular issue.

5. Dumpling007

Dumpling007

Oh, Thanks my friend!

6. rock9913

rock9913

Hi, corgi engine is really good, I have a lots of fun but I reach some problem recently.
    After I add a few followers to my character and give them gun and AI brain, they would attack enermy in certain logic which is very cool but lag make it not cool.

I found that there are too many object generated after a fight which would not disappear, would it be a reason of lag? Or three to five AI brain are too many (in which I think not)?

Thank you very much for your help and consideration!

7. reuno

reuno

@rock9913 > Your images don't display, and without any info about your context, it's hard to tell what your issue may be. What are the "objects generated after a fight" that you mention?
    In any case, how many AI Brains is too many only depends on your context. What device you're running on, its capabilities, and what your game is asking the CPU to perform. You can look at your profiler to identify your bottlenecks, and optimize them. On the AI Brain specifically, you can adjust action/decision frequencies for example, to avoid performing unnecessary tasks every frame if they're not needed.

8. rock9913

rock9913

Thanks reuno, it was finally turn out that I set the Pool Size of weapon too big which lead to the problem, hope it would help others.

The function of engine is really cool, especially the "Charecter Switch function".
    However, I got some problem with it, would you please kindly help to find out how to solve it?

I try the "CharacterSwitchManager", however, if the character is "Walking" and the character got some feedback on "Walking" like sound effect for example stepping on grass, if I switch the charecter at this point, the feedback sound effect would keep repeat, repeat, repeat, and it would never stop.

I really need your help reuno, please help!

9. reuno

reuno

@rock9913 > There's already a system in place for surface sounds, I'd recommend using it. If your issue persist, or if you think you've found a bug, please use the support form to report it, thanks.

10. Shmtalhaaa

Shmtalhaaa

@reuno I want to make a game having controls like "King of Thieves" with Cogri Engine. But unable to find any premade options can you help me in this case?

11. reuno

reuno

12. Swordknight999

Swordknight999

Hi~ Reuno,how can I create a item that can increase a player's maximum health?please help me

13. reuno

reuno

@Swordknight999 > Have your item target and change your character's Health.MaximumHealth.

14. Swordknight999

Swordknight999

Sorry, I still didn't understand. Is it using Feedback to modify properties?

15. reuno

reuno

@Swordknight999 > No, you wouldn't use a feedback for that, feedbacks are for feedbacks, not gameplay logic.
    You can see an example of something similar in the InventoryEngineHealth, an item that calls the GetHealth method on the target Health. Instead of calling that method, you'd modify the MaximumHealth.

16. Swordknight999

Swordknight999

17. Swordknight999

Swordknight999

Excuse me, is it rewriting a script? Sorry, I don't know how to program. Can you help me write one? Thank you.

18. reuno

reuno

@Swordknight999 > Yes, to implement that feature you'd need to create a script. I can't do it for you, but you can check the example I pointed you at, it's exactly the same thing, just a different call.

19. SwingNinja

SwingNinja

Corgi Engine or Infinite Runner? I want to make shoot on rail game. From the trailer, IR seems to be promising, but it doesn't look as complete as CE (missing a lot of mechanisms). Can everything be done with Corgi Engine (is IR the subset of Corgi Engine)? Thanks.

Untitled.png

20. reuno

reuno

@SwingNinja > No, they're two completely separate assets, each targeting very different games, and focusing on the specifics of each genre. IRE is designed to create infinite runner games, you wouldn't use it to build a sidescrolling platformer. Likewise, CE is designed to build sidescrolling platformers, you wouldn't use it to build an infinite runner game. And you wouldn't use either to build a "shoot on rail game", as that'd be yet another genre.

SwingNinja likes this.
  21. OldPetrus1021

OldPetrus1021

@reuno I see that each of your Demo Scenes contains a UI Camera. If I make many scenes as game maps, do each Scene need to be placed repeatedly? Or do I need to independently develop a function to transmit UI Camera? Does corgi engine have the function I mentioned now?

22. OldPetrus1021

OldPetrus1021

Sorry, there's something wrong with my thinking. The UI Camera prefab should be loaded when the scene is loaded.

23. reuno

reuno

@OldPetrus1021 > The UICamera is optional, it's just there for the demos. You can of course keep using it, or you can create your own UI, you don't necessarily need a UI Camera, it's entirely up to you. If you decide to use it, you can simply have an instance of it in your scene.

OldPetrus1021 likes this.
  24. OldPetrus1021

OldPetrus1021

@reuno Hello. In demo MinimalStairs.
    When I increase the size of the character (box collider), the stairs don't work properly.
    For example: I did not press the up button and wanted to continue walking straight, but at this time the character would go up the stairs.
    I tried raising the bottom of the stairs, which solved the problem I mentioned above, but the character turned back and bounced abnormally when passing under the stairs.
    What's a good solution for this?

25. reuno

reuno

@OldPetrus1021 > You'll need to adjust your stairs raycast settings to match your character's new size.
    If you have other questions, please use the support form, thanks.

26. Swordknight999

Swordknight999

@reuno Hello.
    I want to achieve the effect of having multiple weapons attacking my character in the game, and have added the ability "Character Handle Secondary Weapon" to my character. May I ask if there is a way to switch weapons for this ability,just like the "Character Handle Weapon" ability,and how to do so?Thank you.

27. reuno

reuno

@Swordknight999 > Yes, the HandleSecondaryWeapon ability inherits from the HandleWeapon ability, so you can call all the same methods on it. In this case, that'd be ChangeWeapon.

28. Swordknight999

Swordknight999

@reuno
    Thank you for your reply. Is there a corresponding reference script for this "ChangeWeapon"?

29. reuno

reuno

@Swordknight999 > A "corresponding reference script"? Not sure what you mean.

30. Swordknight999

Swordknight999

@reuno
    Sorry, I am using translation software. What I mean is "ChangeWeapon". Do you have any script examples?

31. reuno

reuno

@Swordknight999 > You can use your IDE to find examples of the method in use. You'll find it in plenty of scripts, from AIActionChangeWeapon, PickableWeapon, and more.

32. Kazim

Kazim

Hello everyone. I just wanna ask a question. i've (also) added CharacterFallDamage.cs on my character. What i want to do is when character falls and gets damaged it should restrict movement and should wait till my "FallDamage"animation to finish. How to accomplish this? Is it possible to do it without writing code? (With the help of mmfeedback etc.)

33. reuno

reuno

@Kazim > answered you on Discord earlier today, but just in case : no, that's not something I'd recommend doing without code, you'd do that by extending the FallDamage ability, calling Freeze on your Character, and playing an animation (that's core gameplay logic, not a feedback)

Kazim likes this.
  34. sierras

sierras

Hello,
    First of all, I am a beginner, so sorry if the answer is obvious... I am trying to make an AI crouch.
    For this, I created an AI Action Crouch (based on AI action Dash) which simply executes the Crouch Ability's Crouch() function. It seems to work on the Crouch Ability (the collider changes size), but not on the animator (the AI keeps Walking as it was before).
    After looking at the code, I think the Couch Ability is executing ExitCrouch() because there is no input pressing down ?
    So I tried to create an AI Crouch Ability which bypasses all the input related code in the Handle Input() and CheckExitCrouch() functions. The AI now enters Crouching state (ability + animator), but never exits this state since no one tells it to use ExitCrouch(). I tried to reach the AIBrain to stop crouching, but can't seem to acces it from the AI crouch Ability.
    I fell like I'm doing this the wrong way, so any help or guidance would be great ! (I'm using Corgi 8.8)
    Cheers

35. reuno

reuno

@sierras > You'll want to make sure you've set InputDriven:false on your Crouch ability, if you plan on using it without input.

36. sierras

sierras

@reuno thanks for your quick response !
    Yes, I unchecked Input Driven, but I only see it in the crawl parameters, does it also affect the crouching ?
    Anyways, it still doesn't fire my animator although the AI collider crouches and exits crouching...
    With Debug.Logs, I pinned down the problem to the first function in CheckExitCrouch(). Before, the _movementCurrentState is Couching, after it is Idle. If I disable this function, I get an error for the following function in CheckExitCrouch().
    Thanks again for the help !
    Cheers

37. reuno

reuno

@sierras > I've added crouch start/stop AI actions to the next update. Drop me a line via the support form if you need them before the next release, and I'll package these for you.

38. sierras

sierras

Great news !
    Thanks for all the great work & support you continually put in the engine(s) !
    I'll try to wait for the next release if it's not too far away, and I'll make sure to contact you via the support form if I can't wait any longer ;-)
    Cheers !

reuno likes this.
  39. reuno

reuno

Hopefully it shouldn't be too long now :)

40. Stader

Stader

@reuno > Is it possible to use DOTS technology with this asset? Or any way to optimize in a game that is extremely bullet hell with many objects in the scene simultaneously?

41. reuno

reuno

@Stader > Sure, anything is possible if you implement it. It's absolutely not designed for bullet hell games, it's a platformer framework, but you could implement in it the same optimizations you would in any other Unity project, and it'd be done the exact same way.

Stader likes this.
  42. Swordknight999

Swordknight999

@reuno
    May I ask if it is possible to create a magic bar component in the next update that consumes the specified magic points every time a special weapon is used. The game I am developing now really needs this feature, and it would be great if it could be implemented in the future! Thank you very much for your efforts!

43. reuno

reuno

@Swordknight999 > There's already a progress bar helper you could use for that, or you could simply use the ammo system, both would work.