Search Unity

[Released] CCG Kit: create your own collectible card game with Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by gamevanilla, Jan 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dziemian

Dziemian

Yeah it is total possible to include card shop, card packs purchasing and opening, tournaments. However that would be a very time consuming process for gamevanilla and the price for such complete and complex asset should be around 500€, the least :)
    BTW I highly recommend gamevalla's Create your own multiplayer CCG with Unity. Its reasonably priced, well written, easy to grasp, 10 chapters, 117 pages total, supported by 10 unity project accompanying each chapter. That's a perfect start for every one who wast's to code their own server-authoritative card game(or at least to grasp the basic concept of client-server model based ccg). The thing I'm most exited about after reading through it is the fact that we get a fully working base frame of hearthstone like card game, that we can expand with our own implementation of new mechanics, rewrite the basic concepts of the game, all that thanks to knowledge provided in the course . It's all you really need is in it, except a card shop, and card packs purchasing and opening in game currency system(witch would be a more then welcome addition, perhaps in additional paid chapters?).

gamevanilla likes this.
  2. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

In addition to the excellent answer by @Dziemian, I gave some reasons why these features are not included as part of the kit here. Should I tackle them in the future, it will definitely be in the form of a separate asset.

ddixon_unity likes this.
  3. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you for your answer and your kind words! It is sincerely appreciated. :)

Dziemian and ddixon_unity like this.
  4. ddixon_unity

ddixon_unity

Hi, I'm liking more and more with what I'm reading about this Kit. I believe this may be the final pre-sales question, but do the graphics in the demo come with the kit. The description says that we receive the ...
    "Complete set of unique graphics designed by ricimi" but its unclear what these graphics are.

Many thanks.

5. ddixon_unity

ddixon_unity

Hi, Is the $150 price the May Madness sale figure or will it be adjusted (less 70% discount) at Checkout?

6. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Yes; all the graphics in the demo game (both in-game and UI) are included.

ddixon_unity likes this.
  7. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

$150 is the regular price of the kit. The 70% discount was only from May 4th to May 5th.

ddixon_unity likes this.
  8. maltakereuz

maltakereuz

I want to make a grid based single player CCG, but demo version of this kit uses only no-grid mechanics like Heartstone.

1) Does CCG-Kit already has grid-mode?
    2) If not, does it make sense use CCG-Kit as foundation for own grid-based game?
    3) How hard is it, to add second line for each player (not grid, just second row like Gwint).

9. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

A grid mechanic is not built into the kit. I cannot possibly answer how easy it will be for you to add such a feature, as it will depend on your knowledge of programming and how comfortable you are with modifying a third-party code base. Technically speaking, it should be doable (and it will definitely require additional programming).

10. ponasoft

ponasoft

if i were you i would try to use ccg kit with turn based tool kit. i used tbtk in my first game and i am exploring ccg kit for 2 weeks both looks very good but you need some serious programming skills.

Except this i want to thank gamevanilla for creating that awesome kit. I just dive into it and experimenting more than one resources. It would be also very good if there were more examples guides about kit how to extend it something like this: http://www.loving-dtcg.net/category/26985508-1.html

11. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you for your kind words and definitely noted!

12. maltakereuz

maltakereuz

One more question, if i may, about input. How tight is ccg-kit coupled with touch/mouse input? I would like to use joystick input for my game. Does ccg-kit uses keyboard arrows/enter/space out of the box?

Actually i have programming skills. It's more about time. I consider what would be easier: write it from scratch or implement grid based logic on top of ccg-kit. Having areas in editor giving a hint that extra rows etc. would be possible. Actually ccg-kit allows to define game zones direct in editor. So probably it is not too "heartstone hardcoded".

So you mean using tbtk on top of ccg-kit for grid logic? Could be a combo.

13. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

The demo game only uses mouse/touch input.

Please note that, while you can define your own game zones in the visual editor, additional programming work is required in order to get them working in-game (particularly, in terms of handling the interaction and rendering of the zone).

14. Sawich

Sawich

roadmap ?
    and how to add new font D:

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  15. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

We used to have a Trello board back in the day, but closed it after all the big features were implemented.

All the labels in the demo game are TextMesh Pro components; they have a Font Asset field where you specify the font to use.

Sawich likes this.
  16. wfilin

wfilin

Hi,

I wonder if functions PopulateWithInfo and PopulateWithLibraryInfo from demo game script CardView.cs shouldn't be named other way around?

17. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Would you mind opening an issue in the private GitLab repository so I can keep track of this? If you are not a member yet, just reach me via the official support form with your invoice number and your GitLab username and I will be happy to add you.

18. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

can anybody show me how to implement sound effects?! I want that when card attack a sound plays and on death of card, a sound effect..

19. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Does your course shows how to implement sfx and particle effects?!

20. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

There are several ways to do it depending on how you want to structure the sounds in your game. If you need per-card sounds, a possible solution would involve adding a string property to your card types in the editor (which would contain the name of the sound to play).

Dziemian likes this.
  21. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

No; the focus is more on teaching the fundamentals behind writing the core, server-authoritative gameplay of a multiplayer CCG. I would love to expand on this in the future with additional topics (maybe even new courses) if there is interest from the community.

Dziemian and pushingpandas like this.
  22. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

23. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

24. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

25. jonathanduncan

jonathanduncan

GameVanilla! This Asset looks amazing. I am looking to possibly Purchase it, but I have a few hold backs. The Card game I want to make is not Head to head, you work against each other but you do not attack each other. In addition there are aspects of the game where your working together. Not sure if this is going to be something I need to run from Scratch of if your asset would be usable for me. Am I able to email you the concept and see if the Asset will be a Boon for me or if I need to make my game from scratch?

26. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you for your kind words! If your concept is different to the type of gameplay presented in the kit's demo, you will definitely need to write additional code for your unique mechanics. It is harder to tell if it would be best to create it from scratch or still use the kit as a starting point; it will mainly depend on your familiarity with programming and your willingness to work with a third-party codebase.

We also have a course that teaches the fundamentals behind developing a server-authoritative CCG from scratch; it may be helpful too.

27. nixter

nixter

This asset seems like a good fit for a project I'm working on. I have a few questions.

1) I'm likely going to use this for developing a single-player game. Can you elaborate on the enemy AI system? Is it using a FSM to decide which targets to attack or another method? How extensible is it?

2) It seems like the teaching materials you are selling provide the same kit. If I were to purchase that instead of the app store kit, would it be updated or would I be unable to get updates for new unity versions? I'm trying to decide which to buy.

Thanks. Look forward to hearing from you.

28. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you for your interest!

Answering your questions:

1) The included AI is extremely basic and mostly provided as an example of how a single-player feature can be implemented in the context of the networking architecture of the kit (as opposed to being a special case in the codebase). The kit is definitely more focused on the multiplayer aspect of traditional CCGs.

2) The kit and the course are actually completely independent. The course does not require nor does it include CCG Kit: it is a different, simpler codebase focused on teaching the fundamentals of writing a server-authoritative, multiplayer CCG from scratch and step-by-step. The only similarity is on the visual side of things, with the course using the same sprites as the kit's demo game. I will try to make this point clearer in the course's description.

The goal of the course is to provide a more accessible alternative to the kit for those users who may feel intimidated by diving right into a relatively big and complex third-party codebase.

I hope this helps!

nixter likes this.
  29. Shiro1994

Shiro1994

Hello,

I saw your project back in its demo phase but I was reluctant to buy it. Now it looks very awesome! Congratulations on this great improvement.
    However, your asset is very expensive now. I saw that the last sale was on May, do you think there will be another sale in the upcoming months (August - November)?

30. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you for your kind words!

It is hard to say, because the Asset Store team is the one responsible for selecting the assets that go on a sale. If the kit is selected again for a sale in the future, we will definitely announce it here.

Shiro1994 likes this.
  31. banksazero

banksazero

HI there
    I have some of questions
    please let me know each question have their own built-in system or need me to code by myself
    1.Can I use this with "Master Server Framework"
    2.the example that need to use with master server kit have login-system and purchase system collect stat?
    3.Type for each card.
    4.Adding multiple abilities for 1 card
    5.Limit use abilities/ turn
    6.how many event this asset have (Before draw ,stand by ,Before summon before attack etc)
    7.Win condition with collect five card or when use the card ant wait 10 turn
    8.HP for cards
    9.Spell type ( equipment ,one time use,continuous ,counter spell)
    10.Do you have chain system that allow player can use multi spells for a time or enemy counter spells
    11.Specific some type for chain system(Like need to be chain type for chain)
    12.Adding other zone like more monster zone between run-time.
    13. If possible I try to find steam online game work flow but I got nothing can you guide me?
    14.Abilities for player (like a player can up their own skill ex.draw extra card each 10 turn,If use this card atk+1)

Best Regards

32. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Most of the features you are asking for are not provided and would need additional programming work on your side. I suggest looking at this gameplay video in order to have a better idea of the features provided by the kit.

33. Dziemian

Dziemian

34. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

It should be fine, because the Asset Store EULA allows using the contents of the asset in a final game. The main restriction is on redistributing the asset itself (or any of its contents); for example, reselling it in the Asset Store or any other similar website.

Having said that, and while it is always nice to see the kit being used in real-world projects, I always recommend doing so as a starting point and then building on top of it by giving a unique, distinctive feel (both in terms of gameplay mechanics and visually) to your game in order to help improve its reception amongst players.

Thanks for asking!

Dziemian likes this.
  35. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Hello! Version 1.10 of the kit is now available on the Asset Store. These are the release notes:
    • Added "create card" effect.
    • Fixed all bugs reported by users since the previous release.

peca92sk, Dziemian and ponasoft like this.
  36. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

37. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

38. robertodonati13

robertodonati13

Hi gamevanilla!
    I have a question about an effect I want to create on CCGKit.
    How can i add a duration time (number of turns) to AddKeywordEffect? I want to remove automatically a keyword on a card after 2 turns, is that possible?

39. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Please reach us via the official support form and we will be happy to help!

40. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

41. conchors

conchors

I'm looking to implement a pretty non-standard card game, with multiple "decks" of different types per player, and where the combat between individual creatures is turn-based with its own kind of sub-rules. I know that technically, with enough effort it can be done. I'm just trying to weigh the difficulty of doing inside another framework vs the difficulty of making a card system by hand. So tl;dr the big question I have is: How extensible is your actual game-flow system in terms of how the turns actually work?

42. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Generally speaking, anything that deviates from the demo game (standard Hearthstone-like gameplay) will involve additional programming work on your end. If you feel diving into a relatively big and complex third-party codebase may be too intimidating, we also have a course that shows the foundations of building a multiplayer CCG from scratch.

43. woanggun

woanggun

Hi, I just trying to play demo game, but it couldn't see any thing.
    I had install it with this document(https://www.ccgkit.com/wiki/index.php?title=Installing_the_kit),
    after install, build it and run it.
    Only I can see two boxes.(CCGkitError.png)

so, How can i play demo Games?
    Is there any document about that?

Attached Files:

44. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Please use the official contact form for support questions.

45. woanggun

woanggun

where is "official contact form"? you mean asset store review?
    i just install unity yesterday, so please tell me more detail.
    thanks.

46. woanggun

woanggun

Oh, i fix the issue.
    It was caused by textMesh pro.
    In my unity editor, textMesh pro already exist in "package".
    When I import textMesh pro, it occurs compile error. (it said there are same packages in my project)
    First time, i remove additional imported "textMesh pro" in Asset folder, And all text filed's script components missing.
    Second, i remove "textMesh pro" in "package" by package manager, all looks fine.

Anyway, please tell me where is "official contact form" and how to use it.
    Then i will use it next time.
    Thanks.

47. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

It is here.

48. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Our artist ricimi has created some beautiful card designs for our single-player CCG course!

The early access period is not over yet, so you can still purchase the course at a reduced price.

49. PhrozenEye

PhrozenEye

Hello gamevanilla devs!

Congratulations on the development of this asset, I really like the professionalism and customer service on your end just from taking a peak at these forums for a while.

I have a couple of pre-purchase questions I'd like to ask you, here it goes:

1- I noticed you recently added a "create card" effect, does this feature include the ability to "summon" a specific creature on each side of the played card? As in, is this positioning control already implemented with the feature?

2- I have a very specific need that will definitely require some extra fiddling with the code, my game's "player" is not a single "character" that can be attacked as shown in your demo, my player is a team of 4 characters that each have their individual health and only when all 4 are dead does this player lose. Are your game mechanics very intrinsically tied to that assumption that the "player" is a single character with a single health value? Will I have to rewrite every feature related to player damage or do you foresee simple adjustments?

3- Related to the question above, my "player" characters can directly attack other characters. Is this "player" attack feature a native function of your asset?

4- My game also features a "creature" that is already on the board as soon as the game starts for each of the players. Is this also one of the features present in the asset? Perhaps in the section where one defines the game starting actions like the deck shuffling and card drawing?

Thanks in advance for your time, I hope I could make myself clear!

50. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you for your kind words!

Unfortunately none of the features you mention are built into the kit, so they will definitely require additional programming work on your end. I know this is not a terribly specific response, but it sounds like they should be doable if you are familiar with C# programming and willing to dive into a reasonably big third-party codebase.

If you feel modifying the kit may be too intimidating, we also have a course that shows the foundations of building a multiplayer CCG from scratch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.