Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] All in One Game Kit - ELC Character System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by GrantMarrs, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Darkhitori

Darkhitori

Wondering if you can update ledge switching for up and down movements also!!!

2. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hello! Thank you for the question :)

Currently, I do not have any updates planned for the ledge climbing, but that is a great suggestion! I will definitely keep it in mind.

Thank you again!

3. BlanketsWilson

BlanketsWilson

Hey, what's up. Is there a way in the "ItemManager.cs" that if my player collected three coins in the level, a new level/scene will load? I've been designing my game around the coin collection, so it's pretty important haha. I'm looking at the script now, but I'm not super good at developing.

Thanks, Where The Bees Make Honey- Summer small.png

4. Alverik

Alverik

I never really got this asset myself, but switching scenes in code is rather basic.

This is a trigger collider example:

using UnityEngine;
    using UnityEngine.SceneManagement;

public class BasicSceneSwitch : MonoBehaviour
    {
    public string TargetTag = "Player";
    public string SceneName = "SceneName";

void OnTriggerEnter(Collider other)
    {
    if (other.gameObject.tag == TargetTag)
    {
    SceneManager.LoadScene(SceneName);
    }
    }
    }

In this case, you could keep a global/static max Coins variable, then every time you pickup a coin, you'll want to subtract 1 from that static variable, then check if the amount has reached 0, if it has do an scene switch.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  5. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hi! No problem, this is pretty simple to do actually :)

First, open the ItemManager script then add "using UnityEngine.SceneManagement;" to the top of the script (under "using UnityEngine;"). Next, add these lines of code at the end of the "Fixed Update ()" function (line 286):
    Code (CSharp):
    1.         for (int i = 0; i < itemList.Length; i++){
    3.             if (itemList[i].currentValue == 3){
    5.                 SceneManager.LoadScene("SceneName");
    7.             }
    9.         }
    From here, you can simply change the "SceneName" to the name of the scene you want to load, and the "3" to the amount of coins you want to collect before loading the new scene.

I hope this helps! :D

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    SpacemanSam13 and Alverik like this.
  6. nellecter

nellecter

hi everybody..there's someone that can help me with mobile control implement?
    i tried but none of my way works..the prefab as is in the asset dosen't work and i don't have any idea how to letit work..
    the input name in the inputmanager are the one used i the joystick.. but i'm not sure if is that the important thing..
    please
    =)

7. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hello!

The mobile controls included in my package are just Unity's CrossPlatformInput package, but I've always felt that it's quite limited and not that user-friendly in what it can do. So what I prefer for mobile controls is a free asset named CN Controls.

CN Controls is very easy to implement. Once you have it downloaded, their Youtube instructions explain how to replace the input parts of other scripts with their joystick/buttons. Pretty much all you have to do is use the "find and replace" function of any text editor, then replace these parts in the PlayerController, LedgeClimbController, and CameraController scripts. After that, the scripts should work with both, keyboard and touchscreen! :)

8. nellecter

nellecter

It works perfectly!!! Thank you very much!!!!
    I love this asset every day more

9. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

You're welcome! I'm glad I could help :D

10. _legolas_

_legolas_

Hello, I am sorry if this question has already been asked. I would build a game using 2.D Platform asset. and I love to use the climbing system from All in one asset. Is it possible to attach climbing system script to the single character which already controls by another script?

Best Regards,
    Ratha

11. ApexofReality

ApexofReality

does this still have over 5k to 9k lines of code on scripts

12. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hey guys! Thank you for the questions, and sorry for the late reply :)
    Yes! The climbing script can be attached to any character and still work, regardless of their primary movement script :D The climbing script simply disables the primary movement script when the player is on a ledge then re-enables it once the player lets go.
    Yes, but the scripts are all optimized. They are just divided into numerous different functions instead of numerous different scripts (since I wanted to make it easier for people to simply add the scripts to their players and use) :)

Thanks again!

13. MAXFORCE

MAXFORCE

Can we have a shooting ninja with gunshot or with machine gun as an option? Throwing grenads, shooting with bow and so on... It is not shooter character system... but in modern time it is normal for ninja. It will be modern ninja...

14. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Lol, those are some good suggestions! I'll make sure to keep them in mind. They'll be high on my priority list if I add any new features ;)

Thank you!

MAXFORCE likes this.
  15. aynam12

aynam12

its hard to add mobile controle can you explain howa we can switch to mobile and correctly add mobile input

16. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hello! Thank you for the question :)

Mobile controls are easy to implement into the asset! I answered a question on how to do this a little while ago. Here's what you do:
    Thank you again!

17. aynam12

aynam12

thanks for your support . im gona try this methode if you have a tutorial for that it gona be awsome

18. ApexofReality

ApexofReality

How can I change the controls so that I have to press the crouch button to jump off from a ledge instead of jump which I find annoying

19. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hello! To do this, simply follow these steps:

1. Open up the LedgeClimbController.cs script.

2. Press Ctrl+H to open the Replace window.

3. In the "Find what" box, enter: Input.GetButtonDown("Jump")

4. In the "Replace with" box, enter whatever key/button you use for crouching. In my asset's case, I use: (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.LeftControl) || Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.Joystick1Button8))

5. Click "Replace All."

6. Save then test it out :)

20. ApexofReality

ApexofReality

thank you and what do you plan on putting for the next few updates

21. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

No problem :D For my next update, I plan on redoing the GUI elements in my asset to use the current UI system instead.
    Thanks for the question!

22. FrostApps

FrostApps

Hello, the link to test the product is defective. Please publish a Web version for testing.

23. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hello! Thank you for letting me know. It appears that Unity no longer supports WebPlayer builds. However, I do have WebGL demos available for testing if you would like to try the asset out! Links to the WebGL demos can be found in the asset's description and at the beginning of this thread (I'll post them here as well):
    3rd Person | 1st Person | 2.5D/Side-Scroller

Thank you again :)

24. FrostApps

FrostApps

How to configure the animations in my character?

Hello, I bought the product! I'm new to Unity.
    It has lots of animations, is there any kind of "skeleton" for me to join with my model?

25. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Thank you very much for your support! :D

To make the animations work with your player model, simply follow the instructions in the "Making the animations work with your character" section of the Documentation (page 15).

If you haven't set up the "Animation Type" or skeleton of your player yet, you will have to do that first though. If you want to use animations from a different model file, your model's "Animation Type" must be set to Humanoid. To do this, simply follow these steps:
    1. Select your model file in the Project window, then click the "Rig" tab in the Inspector.
    2. Change his "Animation Type" to Humanoid (it may be on Generic or Legacy, meaning that other models will not work with its animations, nor will it work with other models' animations), then click "Apply".
    3. From here, you may need to click the "Configure" box to assign the character's bones to the correct parts of the body.
    4. When you are finished assigning the bones, click "Done" and your model should be good to :)

I hope this helps and thanks again!

26. FrostApps

FrostApps

OK thank you.

Now, how do I change the animations you've made? Ex. Walking, jumping, etc.

27. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

No problem!

Replacing animations is very simple. Just follow these steps:
    1. Open up the player's animator controller ("PlayerController") inside the "Animator" tab.
    2. In the "Animator" tab, click on the animation that you would like to replace (some boxes in the "Animator" are known as blend trees, which contain multiple animations that blend into eachother. Simply double click them to see the animations inside).
    3. Once you've selected an animation, go to the "Inspector" tab then press the circle next to the animation name to replace it with another animation.

Also, if you want to use animations from multiple different model files, you will have to make sure that their "Animation Type" is set to Humanoid as well.

Thanks again :)

28. FrostApps

FrostApps

A tip for beginners like me.
    Import to Unity your 3d model with animations ready. I did it in Blender and it worked.
    Thank you.

29. FrostApps

FrostApps

The analog and the jump button are working (ex. CrossPlatformInputManager.GetButton("Jump")).
    The only thing that does not work is "Attack" and the same "Jump" button to swim.

Please tell me how to fix this. Or what Plugin I should install / buy to work all touch control (UI) functions.

30. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Mobile controls are easy to implement into the asset :) I answered a question on how to do this a little while ago. Here's what you do:

31. HeadClot88

HeadClot88

Hey @Grantrum - I have a few questions regarding this kit.

1. How easy or hard would it be to make this kit work in local split screen cooperative play?
    2. Is there any planned support for swords and ranged weapons such as bows or throwing weapons such as kunai?
    3. How easy is it for an artist to use the kit?
    4. Does UMA work well with ELC character system?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  32. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hello, and thank you for the questions! I'm very sorry for the late reply. I never saw the notification that there was a new message on my thread for some reason. Sorry.

Unfortunately, I've never made anything with local split screen multiplayer. However, the entire player controller is in its own single script, as well as the ledge climb controller. So I would imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to make them work in local multiplayer since you'd only have to give the players a few scripts each, but I'm not sure.

Currently, I'm working on updating some of my asset's older features (such as redoing the GUI elements to use the current UI system instead) and making it more stable with the newest versions of Unity. So I don't have plans for adding weapons yet, but they are at the top of my list if I do add new features.

Very easy! The asset is really simple to set up and the documentation is very thorough :)

Yes! My asset works with any character as long as their model's "Animation Type" (found under the Rig tab of the character's model file) is set to Humanoid.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask :) Thanks again!

Bhanshee00 likes this.
  33. Kike456

Kike456

34. Kike456

Kike456

Hi, thanks for the update: I have had some problems, I would like to move the bar of hearts, as well as the coins, but I have not succeeded, since I must only use a 1024 * 768 resolution and I want a different one ... what can I do? also that the enemy warning arrow in a 2D game does not appear .. why? How do I solve it? Greetings and excellent asset
    t

35. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hello! Thank you for the questions and kind words :)

To move the hearts on the screen, go to the "Health" script on your player then open the Health>Health UI category. In this category, simply adjust the "GUI Position" options until the hearts are positioned the way you want them on your new resolution.

To move the coins on the screen, go to the "Item Manager" script on your player then open the Item List>Coin category. In this category, simply adjust the "GUI Position" and "GUI Text Position" options until the coin image and coin count are positioned the way you want them on your new resolution.

As for the arrow above the enemy's head, I simply disabled it in the side-scrolling demos (because it points to objects the camera can lock on to, but the camera's not supposed to lock on to enemies in a side-scroller game). However, it can be easily re-enabled.
    To do this, simply go to the "Camera Controller" script on the camera then open the Locking On>Locking On To Tags>Tags To Lock On To category. In this category, set the Size to "1" and the Element 0 name to "Enemy". This allows the arrow to appear over anything with the tag Enemy.

I hope this helps, and thank you again :D

Bhanshee00 likes this.
  36. hsallander

hsallander

Hi @Grantrum , we're having trouble implementing the CrossPlatformInput support. I've read above in this thread that you refer to another plugin, CN Controls, but unfortunately that's no longer available. So, we'd like to use the functionality in your plugin instead (even though the functionality might be limited as you mention), but after adding the UnityStandardAssets.CrossPlatformInput package, dragging the MobileSingleStickControl prefab into the scene it still doesn't move the character, what else is needed? (the menu item Mobile Input is set to Enabled)

I've done some debugging and can see that the calls with new axis values are all done correctly down to the CrossPlatformInputManager class, but the character still doesn't move.

Also, I've read the CrossPlatformInputGuidelines.txt file that's provided with the plugin, and it suggests changing from Input.GetAxis() to UnityStandardAssets.CrossPlatformInput.CrossPlatformInputManager.GetAxis() instead. I've tried it but still no success, and it feels a but strange that we should alter the plugin code in order to get it to work, so I assume we shouldn't have to do that?

We're using Unity 2018.1.2f1

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    keepthachange likes this.
  37. Infidelic

Infidelic

Wow what an amazing asset!!!

Bought it today and I am loving it so far!

So far its been working really good with the rigid body system but if i use Character Controller the animation of the character is flickery when moving, I think it has to do with the Camera.

One request/suggestion would be to implement an attack and death animation on the Enemy AI controller, maybe its really simple to do but I am a noob tbh :D

Also, is it possible to integrate it with Adventure Creator???

Again really great work :D

38. Infidelic

Infidelic

Also Playmaker Integration would be reeeeeallly welcome :D :D :D

39. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hi! Thanks for the question :)

There is actually an asset very similar to CN Controls that can work with my system still. It's called Simple Input System. Simply download the asset, follow the instructions, and it should work with all of my scripts!
    Thanks for the kind words :D

I've fixed the flickery movements and will be uploading them in the next update. The updates might take a little while to get approved though. If you would like to fix them sooner, just follow these steps:
    1. Select the LedgeClimbNinja's .fbx file (located in the Models>LedgeClimbNinja folder).
    2. Go to the model's "Animations" tab in the Inspector window.
    3. Decrease the "End" frame of any flickery animation (such as LedgeIdle) by 1.
    4. Hit Apply!

Thank you for the great suggestions as well! I'm not sure whether my asset works with Adventure Creator or not. I've never downloaded that asset before, but if that asset works with other player controllers then I assume it should be able to work with mine as well.

I hope this helps and thank you again!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  40. hsallander

hsallander

Thanks, I actually managed to get it to work with the Unity 2018 CrossPlatformInput, but I just wasn't of how to do it as it felt strange to need to alter the plugin code for it to work. I'll check out the other plugin you referred to if I need better cross platform support in the future.

Now I've ran into another problem. It turned out the some of the components in the ELC plugin doesn't work correctly on WebGL builds for us. When using the following LedgeClimbController, ItemManager, Health in the game we're prototyping we get the following crash/error:

Safari, Chrome: RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded
    Firefox: too much recursion

And the stack traces point to LedgeClimbController, ItemManager and Health scripts, and disabling these components on the player character makes the game run. Are these known issues and will they be fixed? Any known workarounds?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  41. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Hmm, I don't get this error when I produce a WebGL build for my asset. However, I knew the ItemManager and potentially the Health script used a lot of drawcalls to the OnGUI function, but I've since fixed this issue and the fix will be available in the next update. I wasn't aware of any issues with the LedgeClimbController though. If you leave the LedgeClimbController enabled, but disable the Health and ItemManager scripts, does the game run then? Thanks for the heads up by the way!

42. hsallander

hsallander

I tried a build with the LedgeClimbController enabled but Health and ItemManager disabled, and it worked (tested in Safari, Firefox, Chrome)

43. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Awesome, thank you for testing that out! If this is the case, there shouldn't be any more problems once I release my next set of updates (since I've already fixed the Health and ItemManager scripts in them). Thank you again! :D

44. hsallander

hsallander

Ok sounds promising! When will the update be released?

45. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

Just finishing up documentation so it should be released soon! :)

hsallander likes this.
  46. IndieGameHustle

IndieGameHustle

I recent purchased this asset. Its not a bad asset but I do have some questions I hope you can answer.
    I wanted to use your character controller but not your camera controller. is this possible? So far I believe the PlayerContoller references your camera controller and it seems to not work without it. Can this be changed?

47. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

This actually is possible! The player controller references the camera controller, but it does not require it. The only feature that will not function properly without the camera controller is the swimming. Everything else should work just fine though! Thanks for the question :)

48. IndieGameHustle

IndieGameHustle

Ok cool, I will try it again. Also if you have time can you add the ability to pick up objects? That would make this that much better!

49. IndieGameHustle

IndieGameHustle

So far I was able to change out the Character and use my own camera controller. However when changing the scale of the player I am not sure which options to effect the following below:

1. When the Character is pulling up from a ledge, which option effects the height of the pull up. When the character goes from hanging to standing on the flat surface?

2. Since changing the scale the Character does not slide down a wall any more. What option is effecting this?

I only ask because there are so many and I am not sure which one to adjust. I tried quite a few but I have not had any luck yet.

Thanks

50. GrantMarrs

GrantMarrs

For your first question, the height the player pulls up is actually automatic. It is set so that the player pulls up until his feet are right on top of the ledge.
    For your second question, the "On Ledge Height" option of the LedgeClimbController script should do the trick. Simply increase or decrease this value until your player hangs at the height you'd like :)

IndieGameHustle likes this.