Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Reign Unity Plugins (Win8/WP8, BB10, iOS, Android, ect...)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by zezba9000, Oct 1, 2013.

1. zezba9000

zezba9000

Did the update fix your issue?

2. zezba9000

zezba9000

Unity4.5 works with WP8 but not with Win8. The Unity4.5 build process is broken and we must wait for a patch from Unity to come out before it can be fixed.

3. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Is there a bug registerd with Unity for the W8 issue? I'd like to support it to increase the odds of it getting fixed.

4. zezba9000

zezba9000

Yes there is and I have been told by one of the developers a core issue has been fixed, but we have to wait until the next Unity update to get it I think. And figures crossed the fix was correctly addressed.

Here is the bug report: http://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?611047_t13jqp57ifq4htsu

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  5. zezba9000

zezba9000

iOS GameCenter support added in last update!

6. XRayAdams

XRayAdams

Our game failed iOS certification as iAP did not work! As I wrote ten times ago, you have to check it again.

7. XRayAdams

XRayAdams

What could be wrong with it?
    Code (CSharp):
    1. var appDesc = new InAppPurchaseDesc()
    2.         {
    3.             Testing = false,
    4.             Editor_InAppIDs = inAppIDs,
    5.             Win8_MicrosoftStore_InAppIDs = inAppIDs,
    6.             WP8_MicrosoftStore_InAppIDs = inAppIDs,
    7.             BB10_BlackBerryWorld_InAppIDs = inAppIDs,
    8.             iOS_AppleStore_InAppIDs = inAppIDs,
    9.             WP8_InAppPurchaseAPI=InAppPurchaseAPIs.MicrosoftStore,
    10.             Win8_InAppPurchaseAPI=InAppPurchaseAPIs.MicrosoftStore,
    11.             iOS_InAppPurchaseAPI=InAppPurchaseAPIs.AppleStore,
    12.             iOS_AppleStore_SharedSecretKey="here is our sec key",
    13.             Android_InAppPurchaseAPI = InAppPurchaseAPIs.GooglePlay,
    14.             Android_GooglePlay_InAppIDs = inAppIDs,
    15.             Android_GooglePlay_Base64Key = "our key here",
    16.             Android_Amazon_InAppIDs = inAppIDs
    17.         };
    We got report from Apple testers

When I use Testing = true it of course works, but when I set it to false (for production) it doesn't

8. XRayAdams

XRayAdams

As about Unity 4.5. Does your plugin work with it? I do not want to update Unity if it will broke functionality

9. zezba9000

zezba9000

Support for Unity4.5 was recently added (Win8.1 is the only platform that does not work with it)..
    Make sure to pull Reign updates if you upgrade to Unity4.5. If you still use 4.3.4, then I ship support for that with the plugin as an extra zip file in "Plugins/iOS/....".

Setting Testing = false, just changes it to use the live verification server, nothing else changes.
    Let me validate the server url is still valid.

10. XRayAdams

XRayAdams

I set testing to false of course, but test team in Apple unable to test it. I am still not sure that your plugin works.

11. zezba9000

zezba9000

Ok I will be pushing an update that disables IAP validation for now so you can publish your app until the problem can be resolved. I'll let you know when its up.

12. XRayAdams

XRayAdams

Ok. But will it works for real? Can you guarantee that IAP will works? I mean if user buy IAP can I be sure that transaction was success?

13. zezba9000

zezba9000

Yes, nothing changes from the Live version to the testing version with Validation disabled. So if it works after testing it will work in the live version on iOS. For some reason idk yet as I need to re-publish a demo game to iOS to verify, but there live validation server must not be responding the same as there test one.

14. zezba9000

zezba9000

@XRayAdams Ok, update pushed out that disabled iOS IAP validation. Let me know if you still have issues and I will look into seeing why iOS live validation is not responding the same.

15. XRayAdams

XRayAdams

Ok. So i will wait for updated version

16. XRayAdams

XRayAdams

Ok.
    Recompiled with new Unity and updated plugin.
    Will inform you later how certification went

17. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

I ran into a new build error today that I haven't seen before. I'm using Unity 4.3.4 and latest version of Reign for Windows 8 store build. The build within Unity fails with the following message:

"
    Error building Player: Exception: Failed to check compatibility between assemblies C:\Users\Raj\Documents\Gun Frenzy Unity\Action Game\ActionGame\Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Plugins\Reign.dll and C:\Users\Raj\Documents\Gun Frenzy Unity\Action Game\ActionGame\Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Plugins\Metro\Reign.dll
    "

Can you explain what this means and how to get around it?

18. zezba9000

zezba9000

Can you pull updates again and see if the error still happens.

19. pumpkinszwan

pumpkinszwan

Is there any word on when Reign will work correctly with Unity 4.5? I've just upgraded to 4.5.1p1 and still can't build my game. The bug report says the solution is found and it will be fixed in a future patch...but when is that going to be?

There is a bug in 4.3.4 that prevents my game from working, and I can't build my game in 4.5...I want to release my game...but Unity is letting me down.

Is there any workaround? Is anybody able to build a Windows 8.1 game with Unity 4.5 and Reign?

EDIT:
    This bug is listed in the patch notes for 4.5.1p1, but I still can't build...
    (611047) Windows Phone/Windows Store Apps: Unity will now properly post-process .winmd files.

I've done the following:
    • patched Unity after updating with the Reign patch
    • Set the platform to Win8, set current platform to active
    • Updated to the latest Reign update
    • Built Windows 8.1 C#/XAML project from Unity as a brand new build
    Anything else I'm missing?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  20. zezba9000

zezba9000

Currently there is no work around as of yet. I expected 4.5.1 to be patched so I could make one using the current approach but one of the developers told me there wasn't enough time to get there fix in this time around that solved some key issues. (In the mean time I am looking for a possible alternative to get the plugin working using some post-build steps that would negate the required patch altogether, but we shall see).

21. pumpkinszwan

pumpkinszwan

Thanks for the update.

22. totsboy

totsboy

My game has just been rejected because the IAP apparently does is not working on iOS 7.
    Is this the same issue you were discussing above? Is it working now?

23. totsboy

totsboy

Also the Restore IAP always fails on iOS! (buying works fine for iOS 6)

24. zezba9000

zezba9000

Update pushed!

1) Amazon GameCircle now supported.

2) Amazon open store for marketing now working.

3) Can manually tell MM-Ads for BB10 when to render for layering.

@totsboy Can you pull updates and confirm if your issue still exists?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  25. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

26. zezba9000

zezba9000

Sadly no, Unity4.5.1 is still totally broken when it comes to linking C++ libs files referenced from C# ones, which the plugin does for the MS-Ads sdk.

EDIT: Oops I see there is a new update I did not test for. I will let you know after testing.

EDIT2: Nope still not fixed in Patch2... even rrw.exe is still messed up. Unity hasn't pushed up there fixes they already have done... not sure why. Maybe they are doing some major re-factoring, not sure.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  27. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

That's really disappointing ... the windows phone build won't work for my game in 4.3.4 and the windows store build won't work in 4.5.1. I have to keep uninstalling unity and switching between the two when I need to post an update. I understand it's not your fault ... but Unity is putting me in a tough spot.

28. zezba9000

zezba9000

You don't need to uninstall Unity4.3.4. You can install two versions of Unity3D.

29. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Really? I didn't realize that ... that's helpful at least. Thanks. :)

30. enginedevstaff

enginedevstaff

Hi,
    I configured everything as the manual said but the ads won't be shown. A few weeks ago it was working but, when I updated Unity and Reign, without modifying the code, the ads are no longer shown. There's no errors during the compiling or the execution. The prefab with "ReignServices" is in the scene, the code wasn't changed since a few weeks ago, when it was still working. The platform is WP. What else can I do to get it working again?
    Thanks.

31. enginedevstaff

enginedevstaff

I was able to fix the issue on WP 8.1, to solve I opened player settings, WP 8, and set DISABLE_REIGN to false, it works this way. Instead, it is still not working on WP 8. How do I fix it?

32. zezba9000

zezba9000

Update Pushed!

1) Added missing Amazon GameCircle files.

2) Added BB10 Scoreloop leaderboards and achievements that supports 10.2+ native views.

3) Removed some redundancy in the Score API.

4) Added Samsung IAP support. (NOTE: this is the first revision, if anyone uses it, let me know if you have issues).

5) Fixed iOS IAP passing false after buying something when it should not.

NOTE: Leaderboard and Achievement docs will get updated soon to give more example on how to use them.

@enginedevstaff
    I am not sure I understand your wording? You are saying it works on Win8.1 but not WP8? Also what Ad API? MS-Ads or AdMob?
    My first guess is you are not setting the AdDesc API type to something.

33. enginedevstaff

enginedevstaff

Ehm now the ads are shown on WP8.. without modifying the code. Sometimes you just have to let it load. To whom it may concern, the adMob ads are shown on the Emulator as well. Thanks for the support,
    EngineDev Studios

34. zezba9000

zezba9000

Another small update.
    1) Fixed updater not pulling all Samsung IAP files.
    2) iOS now has Google DFP Ads support.

35. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

there's another patch release for 4.5.1 ... Did this fix the w8 build issue? It mentions something about windowZ store builds.

36. zezba9000

zezba9000

I will let you know next week as I'm in the middle of moving.

37. OussamaB

OussamaB

Hello,

I got both WP8 and Android plugins. The WP8 is working fine but not the Android plugin. AdMob ads on Android take a lot of time to load. Whenever I call an interstitial ad, the screen gets dark and stays like that for like 1 minute or 1 minute and a half. Then the ad shows up or the game crashes. Another problem I'm facing with the Android plugin is that the IAP aren't working, I'm able to get the price of the in-app product correctly but I couldn't purchase it. I always receive this message: "You can't get this item right now" when I try to buy an in-app product.

38. zezba9000

zezba9000

Make sure you cache an interstitial Ad before showing it. By that I mean cache an Ad when someone starts playing a level, then call show when there done so it will be ready. You can't expect there Ad to download and Show instantly without this.

For IAP on Android, sounds like you didn't publish your app to beta or alpha. This is now required by Google for testing IAP.

39. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Looks like they updated Unity to 4.5.2. Do you know if they fixed the Windows 8 build issue?

40. zezba9000

zezba9000

Yes there will be a fix pushed out next week that negates the need for the patch on WP8.
    Win8 still needs a patch as they didn't update there broken rrw.exe tool app.

41. OussamaB

OussamaB

Thank you, I will cache the ad before showing it. However, the app is already published on Google Play and the IAP aren't working.

42. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Sorry, just to clarify on the Windows 8 issue. Does it currently work with Windows 8 builds with 4.5.2 or do I still have to use 4.3.4?

43. zezba9000

zezba9000

Update.

Windows 8.1 with Unity4.5 is now supported. NOTE: Requires Unity4.5.2+
    Win8 still needs the patch until Unity fixes there rrw.exe tool app.

WP8 No longer requires the Reign Unity patch.

44. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Fantastic! So is it the exact same patch as was used earlier?

45. zezba9000

zezba9000

No, you need to download version 1.1 of the patch. The patch will now have a version number.

46. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Okay ... since I'm deploying to multiple platforms, will the 1.1 patch affect use of Reign in other platforms?

47. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

I have an issue with the Windows Phone version for In App Purchases. I received this email from Microsoft today:

Your application is being considered for promotion and/or merchandising on the Windows Phone Store. This cannot take place until the below failure is resolved. Please submit an update with a fix for the problem at your earliest possible convenience.
    IAP4
    The application does not award Consumable IAP item(s) properly when the purchase cycle is interrupted.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Launch the application.
    2. Purchase 3 power ups.
    3. After the purchase completes but prior to the purchase flow returning to the application, press the device start button.
    4. Re-launch the application.
    5. Note that the power ups have not been awarded.
    6. Attempt to repurchase 3 power ups.
    7. Note that the power ups cannot be purchased because the previous purchase has not been awarded.

For information on how to resolve this issue please see the following articles:

In-App Purchase: Success stories and Tips to test common in-app failure scenarios
    http://blogs.windows.com/windows_ph...ories-and-tips-to-test-common-in-app-failure-
    scenarios.aspx

IAP for Windows Phone 8
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/jj206949(v=vs.105).aspx

IAP API Overview
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/jj206950(v=vs.105).aspx

Testing IAP
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/jj681689(v=vs.105).aspx

Is there some way around this issue? I'm basically just using your In App purchase demo script and adding some code to update player prefs once a success value is returned. Please help.

48. zezba9000

zezba9000

No it will not.

For your other issue, this is being looked into now and we should have a fix next update.

49. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Thanks ... that's fantastic. Thank you.

50. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

I'm having an issue with the latest Reign plugin for WP8. I installed the latest version of Reign for Windows Phone 8 / W8. I applied the new 1.1 unity patch. I also installed the latest version of Android Reign plugin. I set the platform for WP8 and tried to do a build to WP8. I received a build error that referenced some of the Android plugin lines so I deleted the Android Reign plugin folders. I rebuilt and it succeeded.

I then performed the necessary changes in Visual Studio as per your website instructions. When deploying to my phone device, the game now crashes before loading the first screen. Essentially the game loads and then immediately crashes. I haven't changed anything in my game code that might be causing this.

Can you check if there is something wrong with the latest version of the plugins?