Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

"Refresh" the stream/ frozen video

Discussion in 'Unity Render Streaming' started by tree_arb, Mar 25, 2024.

1. tree_arb

tree_arb

If the app gets momentarily interrupted or takes a small hiccup for a second, the render streaming video appears to freeze in the browser.

The frame rate is then listed as "undefined" in the browser.

On the unity side, the game continues to play normal and report that it is sending bitrate, the user in the browser can even control it, you just not seeing the video change anymore.

How can I "refresh" this stream? I tried reassigning the frame rate and disabling and enabling the video stream sender.

Currently, when this hiccup happens, the only way to fix it is to simply disconnect and reconnect the stream from the browser, then you're good again.

Any ideas on a refresh attempt? Keeping this stream alive but kicking it back in after a freeze happens?

I am using render streaming 3.1.0- EXP5 which is a little older, I was having different problems with the newer one