Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Audio Recording ingame audio to a file.

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by akquinnn, Apr 8, 2020.

1. akquinnn

akquinnn

Hi guys!
    I am doing a university project where i am making a VR music studio, however i need a way for people to record and replay their "performances", However i cant find anything about recording in game audio as a file or a way to replay in game audio. Someone mentioned Audiolistener but im not sure how it works. any help?

2. Yen0529

Yen0529

3. leonardfrancomichael

leonardfrancomichael

Hi mate, im doing the same Project for my grade, how are you doing, wich platform do you use? might we can get in touch to share some knowledge. Can you record the audiolistener in a file?

4. Jon_Olive

Jon_Olive

@akquinnn Unless you really need the record to be integrated into the project - it might be much easier to use something like Audacity (www.audacityteam.org) to capture the output.

5. davis1296q

davis1296q

I think any audio rrecorder will works

6. Jon_Olive

Jon_Olive

Yes that's true - but the advantage of Audacity is it allows you to directly capture the system output without having to route via jack / vbCable / SoundFlower etc which is a bit of a faff.

7. godnowherede

godnowherede

Good one. Thanks for sharing a nice piece of info.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020