Search Unity

Real Materials series

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Lex4art, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Lex4art

Lex4art

"Real Materials" is a series (117 paid + 12 free) of a high quality ... materials, already available in asset store.

Features:
    - Native support of HDRP, LWRP and Standard rendering pipeline.
    - Most textures have 4K resolution.
    - Only robust standard shaders for each rendering pipeline.
    - Free showcase map with 12 free materials.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    Gozdek, rwetzold and Don-Gray like this.
  2. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

These are very nice. How can you make a dirtier gold. Old gold bsrs or for natueal gold nuggets

3. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

coolllllllllllllll one

Lex4art likes this.
  4. Gozdek

Gozdek

Wow! Nice!

Lex4art likes this.
  5. ArachnidAnimal

ArachnidAnimal

Hello,
    I'm interested the metal pack. I'm still running Unity 5.2.3. Can I still download, install, and use the metal shaders/textures even though I don't yet have 5.3? (I realize the materials might not look as good as they do in 5.3, but it is still usable for now until I'm able to install Unity 5.3?)

The other question I have is one of the assets says the download is 600Mb. But looking at the files included in the package, I don't see how the asset could be that large of size.
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/36111
    Do you know if the list shown is complete? Or is maybe the reported download size correct?

Thanks.

6. ArachnidAnimal

ArachnidAnimal

Ok thanks. I'll wait until I can install 5.3 so to avoid any issues with the asset install.

7. Asset_Store_Deals

Asset_Store_Deals

Just to let you know we are adding Real Materials Vol 1-5 to AssetStoreDeals.com.

When you have other sales, you can add them to this website simply by pasting the link to your asset in the designated area.

Best of luck to you with this sale!

Lex4art likes this.
  8. yc960

yc960

picked up some of those packs and liked the quality, I would like more through tutorial on how to use them to their fullest. How to integrate them to custom models, etc.

Lex4art likes this.
  9. Lex4art

Lex4art

Well, with standard Unity shader it's like "apply material to the model, adjust UVs, build Reflection Probes, done". Some useful advices are mentioned in my documentation for Unity (at the bottom of the page) and for Blender; also with new PostProcessing stack there comes better Color Grading and Bloom effects that really helps with photoreal metal look & feel.

Wish someday that ageing feature comes to unity shaders (watch from 1:34):

But anyway, it's still a material and even with these features all pretty simple here with PBR... and that is a bright side for artists - just apply some materials from library to scene meshes and that's it, no wasting time on material nodes setup/geeky stuff.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    yc960 likes this.
  10. Lex4art

Lex4art

hopeful and ekergraphics like this.
  11. ekergraphics

ekergraphics

I tried your scene in 2017.4.0f1 and I think there's an issue with your GI proxy objects, because they are visible to me (the trees are just large, green cylinders, for example).

Otherwise, everything looks very impressive!

12. Lex4art

Lex4art

Thanks!
    About GI proxy objects - they will be automatically hidden in "Play" mode by animation. To make them go away in "Scene" view mode you can simply hide them - they are here in Hierarchy:
    GI proxy objects.png

The only time they're needed to be visible is when lightmaps are baking.

Correct way is to use layers to hide those GI proxy objects from user camera & reflection probes via Culling Mask property (this way GI proxies still be visible for lightmap engine but not bothering you in Scene view/Play mode), but layers can't be shipped within asset package from Asset Store as far as I know, they're set on per project basis.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  13. ekergraphics

ekergraphics

Thank you for clearing that up!

14. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

Oh! you're revamping your Real Materials! YESS!!
    I have the Complete bundle though. Will you update this one too?

I'm not really concerned by the new HDRP and LWRP though, since I'm still using forward rendering (more flexible, compatible and faster to render than the new ones for my current project at least.)

What do you think about the render quality of the new render pipelines though? Are they really better visually or is it fairly the same? Is it worth all the trouble?

Lex4art likes this.
  15. Lex4art

Lex4art

*takes huge breath and blows off meter-thick layer of dust from this thread*
    Yep, time to catch up with recent LWRP release and upcoming HDRP release, at least port my old materials to those rendering pipelines (but some of them will be reworked, like half of the volume 1). Currently only volume 1 is finished, but soon I will upload everything else too and in the end update a Complete package (don't know how yet - there is a limit to 4GB of package size in Asset Store and to have HDRP and LWRP versions added to Complete package I need 13-14 GB).

About LWRP and HDRP pipelines - hard to say, I don't have much experience with those.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    rrahim and atomicjoe like this.
  16. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

Great!
    I'm a huge fan of your materials!
    I would hire you to make all the materials in my game if I wasn't poor like a rat :D
    Let's hope I finish my game and have some success. :p

Lex4art likes this.
  17. rrahim

rrahim

I'm in the same boat. I have the complete package, but new materials for HDRP are always welcome since I've transitioned my entire project to HDRP.

18. Lex4art

Lex4art

Thanks to rrahim for testing - now there is a correct way for owners of "Real Materials Complete" package to have an update on HDRP/LWRP material versions: from now on you can visit "Real Materials vol. 1" (and vol. 2, 3, 4, 5) page on the asset store and they're will be free for you.

Right now only volume 1 is refreshed with HDRP/LWRP versions but in next 4 weeks all of them will be ported + i need to gather all existing non-metal materials into additional volume 6 and 7 and add this free upgrade option to them. I will post here a message when it's done.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  19. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

THANKS!!

20. rrahim

rrahim

The new wood pack looks awesome!
    Is it coming to the Complete pack? (Or any upgrade discount?)

21. Lex4art

Lex4art

Whoops, I forgot to add it as a free upgrade. Fixed.
    Currently there is only one free to upgrade package left to merge from existing materials (bricks/stones/plaster/tiles) and it's almost done. After that I will add all individual materials as a free upgrades for "Complete" package owners - this will speed up things in many situations (and give free access to couple of materials that are not included in packages). Stay turned! )

22. rrahim

rrahim

Awesome!
    Thank you.

23. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi there!
    I'm interested in purchasing all of your "Real Materials" packs, but looks like that the "Bundle" is actually "only":p a "Best of" other packs, plus 10 materials.

Is there any chance you could create 1 or 2 all-inclusive bundles (at a convenient price, of course), with no missing materials, all packs from 1 to 8? (I know there are size limits, but they should be around 5GB per pack now)?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  24. Lex4art

Lex4art

It's already done - after buying "Real Materials Complete" package you gain permanent free access to the Real Materials vol. 1-8 (done via upgrade system of Asset store, e.g. visit volumes pages after buying Complete package and there will be free download option). Currently it's not displayed on the "Real Materials Complete" page, though - I need a couple of weeks to prepare official update images/video + final price will be 64$ instead of 70$. But it's functional - feel free to buy it for free access to volumes if there is a need for them right now ).

hopeful and NeatWolf like this.
  25. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Oh my, what a boon!
    Yes, I redeemed all packages for 0 euros - I believe the description could be a little clearer about that :)
    Usually, you only get what's listed in the package preview, nothing more.

I wish more publishers used this method to ship Bundles, instead of pushing on the store one single huge monolithic package!

(also, makes the bundle easier to maintain!)

It's going to take a while do download everything but it will be worth it :)

Thanks for creating the bundle!
    Best,
    Alex

rrahim and Lex4art like this.