Search Unity

Question on unity learn tutorials

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Deleted User, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

2. Owen-Reynolds

Owen-Reynolds

Hmm..well, the Script Reference section is the standard documentation. It's what an experienced game designer would read to see how Unity does things differently. Q's about it should probably be in the Documentation section.

Q's about the Learn section - specific issues with the videos/text in learn.unity-cot-com -- seem fine here. But watch for general Q's. If a video seems to skip past something you need to know, that seems fine to ask about here (is X missing from this video?). But if you want to use the code from Learn and are having trouble, that seems like a scripting Q.

The idea is: Learn is about the contents of Learn, which is sort of a pre-Unity area. Documentation is mostly for professional users. Scripting is fine for novice stand-alone Q's -- find to mention you've using code from Learn, but Q's there aren't about Learn.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

I prefer to ask if mobile app programming is difficult or if beginners like me should start with standalone? Or is standalone ultimately a recommendation? This was one of the items mentioned / discussed in earlier threads not in this forum. Is this really the case? Is mobile so difficult to follow? How true is this? If such a thing is true, why is it that tutorials like roll a ball in the unity training did not include extra steps for mobile? I've tried it on my mobile and the ball just refuses to move - obviously because the mobile tutorial was not included.

4. Owen-Reynolds

Owen-Reynolds

Huh? That's different from what you wrote at the top, and it's not about the videos in unity-dot-learn. This is probably why you're getting nasty replies and being told you're posting in the wrong area.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

OK so are you able to give any advise or suggestions? I'm just testing my luck by putting this question?

6. Valjuin

Valjuin

You may find the first post in this thread of interest:

After the "Roll-A-Ball" tutorial, what?

7. Deleted User

Deleted User