Search Unity

PuppetMaster - Advanced Character Physics Tool [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Partel-Lang, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Partel-Lang

Partel-Lang

Hey,
    No idea, but.. when you select the Animator, do you see "handled by script"? where the rootmotion checkbox should be? If so, maybe there are 2 different scripts on it that use OnAnimatorMove? It's the only thing I can think of. If Animator is not on Animate Physics mode, PuppetMaster will not touch the Animator at all.

Hey,
    Haven't tried Netcode, but there are getting started packages for the old Unet, Mirror and PUN1/2 in the Plugins/RootMotion/PuppetMaster/_Integration folder.

Best,
    Pärtel

2. the_unity_saga

the_unity_saga

hey, thanks again for this amazing plugin.

I had a small question, I wish to use the puppetmaster ragdoll colliders generation for my rigs, but then remove the puppetmaster asset functionality as I am making my own custom version derived from your code. I am also using Final IK, and intend to have that on the rig as well, what is the best practice in utilizing the default imported version of your plugin puppetmaster to do this?

basically, I am trying to preserve final IK rig, generate colliders to use with my custom version of your plugin, since it derives from the plugin but lives outside the folder i can update freely and worry less about breaking references.

3. Partel-Lang

Partel-Lang

Hey,
    You'll need just these folders from PuppetMaster:
    upload_2024-3-15_12-34-40.png

Shared Scripts folders are also included (and required by) Final IK.

Best,
    Pärtel

the_unity_saga likes this.
  4. cajphrase

cajphrase

Hi Partel,

Does Puppetmaster support the Unity Animation Rigging Package? I've got a spider type creature in my game that i've set up completely with procedural animation using the Animation Rigging package. I've just purchased Puppetmaster and after setting it up with my creature the visual mesh is contorted and doesn't match the ragdoll at all, even when I force the ragdoll in place using angular pinning.

5. simonkingandaoking

simonkingandaoking

how to make it so that big weapons can swing and unpin the puppet more,cause big weapons cant be swung too quick,need to add some unpinning by script

6. Partel-Lang

Partel-Lang

Hey,
    Animation Rigging is done with the Animator so for PuppetMaster it is the same as just normal animation. I think there must be something else wrong with the spider, but can't tell what it could be without more information. Could you perhaps send a unitypackage with your spider set up with PM so I could take a closer look here?

Hey,

Boosters can give your attacking puppet some more strength.

Declare a public Booster booster;

Can set it up in Editor to give some muscles or muscle groups immunity and/or temporary impulse multiplier (unpins other puppets more on collision). Then call booster.Boost(behaviourPuppet) when you start with the attack.

Booster effect falls off over time, defined by "Boost Falloff" in BehaviourPuppet. Value of 1 means the effect will be gone in 1 second.

Boosters are used in the "Melee" demo, you can find them if you expand the "Actions" in CharacterMeleeDemo component on the "Character Controller" gameobject.

Best,
    Pärtel

7. OmnifariousStudios

OmnifariousStudios

Hey Partel,

I'm attempting to use an enemy with FBBIK and AimIK, like in the FBBIK Boxing demo. However they also use a full PuppetMaster rig.

It's also a giant sized enemy, here's the scale.

upload_2024-4-8_14-32-50.png

This works really well, at first. Then I'm not sure what happens, but after a while the giant enemy starts to spin uncontrollably. The only way I can fix it is by completely weighing out AimIK, or by setting the Puppet to Kinematic.

As far as I can tell, the only difference between your example and the giant enemy (besides the puppet) is that you have the AimIK as a child object of the animator and I have AimIK and FBBIK on the same object.

Any ideas for what may be going wrong? Thanks!

8. Partel-Lang

Partel-Lang

Hey, sorry about the delay...
    Do you have "Fix Transforms" enabled in AimIK and "Fix Target Transforms" in PuppetMaster?

9. OmnifariousStudios

OmnifariousStudios

Hey Partel!

Yes, Fix Transforms is enabled on FBBIK, AimIK, and Fix Target Transforms is active on PuppetMaster. Should only one of these be active at a time?

Also, new issue. I've been messing with giant size enemies, scaling up the ragdolls to 8-10x the normal scale. For the most part it works well, but when I attach a configurable joint from the giant ragdoll to something else (player can shoot webs) the ragdoll gets sent in the opposite direction with really large force until they're outside the map or the joint is destroyed. Any ideas here?

10. Partel-Lang

Partel-Lang

When characters start rolling, it is usually some kind of a circular dependency issue like AimIK target parented to the root of the avatar and AimController turning the root to catch up with the target, so that also turns the target again, so it's like a dog chasing its tail.

No idea about the configurable joint issue. Make sure you add it in FixedUpdate. If it explodes, maybe the anchors are calculated wrong or something like that. Could set X/Y/Z Motion to Free and use X/Y/Z Drive, smoothly increasing its spring over time to avoid a sudden snap and see where it tries to pull it to.

Best,
    Pärtel