Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Publishing in the AppStore for more than 40 minutes!

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by AntonVazhinsky, Mar 23, 2019.

1. AntonVazhinsky

AntonVazhinsky

Hello. I wanted to know how long you upload your project in Xcode in the AppStore? It takes me more than 40 minutes, it is very annoying. Also, I do not understand why Xcode needs so much RAM. Does everyone work like this or am I the only one?

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Time spent uploading to Apple is dependent on the size of your project and speed of your network, mostly.

You can save some time by unchecking the "Upload symbols" and "Include bitcode" options before you send to the appstore.

For reference my largest project is about 100mb compressed and takes around a minute or so. Your mileage may vary. Try it at different times of the day.

3. Moonjump

Moonjump

For reference my project is about 30mb compressed and takes around 5 minutes or so. There does seem to be a lot of variation.

4. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Yes, one man's AT&T DSL is another man's Google Fiber.

5. Moonjump

Moonjump

Although I have 100 Mbps download, I only have 6 Mbps upload. But even with that it should be quicker. I wonder if there is some security checking for devs outside USA?

6. AntonVazhinsky

AntonVazhinsky

Thank you, so really fast

7. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Check also if you don't have developer agreements pending your approval on the AppStoreConnect website.

A few times a year Apple publishes a new agreement and then sometimes their REST API fails silently until you accept it.