Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Official "Project Tiny" 0.22 available: bug fixes and simpler setup

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by v_vuk, Feb 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. v_vuk

v_vuk

Unity Technologies

A new preview version of the “Project Tiny” packages is available with new features and bug fixes! If you are not familiar with "Project Tiny", please read our earlier forum post introduction.

With this release, a new “com.unity.tiny.all” package is available that will pull in all package dependencies and all compatible features to create Project Tiny content for the Web, Android, iOS, and the desktop platforms. As always, for up-to-date details please visit the “Getting Started Guide” for details.

The samples available at https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ProjectTinySamples have been updated with the latest package versions.

What’s new?
    This is largely a bugfix release, with some new features and capabilities.
    • A new Tiny Rendering Settings build component is available and required for configuring display resolution and some rendering settings.
    • TinyAnimation now has a player with a list of clips + added corresponding APIs
    • Mac il2cpp builds will no longer crash during Metal/OpenGL initialization
    • Added custom inspectors for Tiny Renderer light components
    • sRGB color conversion better matches the editor views
    Known issues
    • [ongoing] Safari iOS: occasional inability to load webassembly version. This is a general bug with Safari's WebAssembly implementation and has been reported to Apple.
    • [ongoing] Safari: darker rendering due to lack of sRGB support
    • [ongoing] Firefox: overall lower performance in Firefox compared to Chrome

Sharing feedback

This forum is the best place to open discussions and ask questions. When you encounter a bug, please use the Unity Bug Reporter in the Unity Editor, accessible via Help > Report a Bug. Include “Project Tiny” in the title to help our staff triage things appropriately!

For more details on how to report a bug, please visit this page.

What’s next?

We are working on building samples and proper documentation and more frequent incremental updates with features and bug fixes are coming. Support for 2D is on the way and before the end of Q1 2020 (still! stay tuned).

Thanks again for your feedback and engagement!

NotaNaN, Djayp, SINePrime and 2 others like this.
  2. v_vuk

v_vuk

Unity Technologies

(Packages are slightly delayed going through the tubes, should be up in just a bit!)

3. Joe-Shar0

Joe-Shar0

Amazing, i'm just want to check new Project Tiny latest update, and download Sample, it's already update to 0.22, but package look like delay in a moment.

Whatever, Cheers!

4. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Packages are now available :)

5. Touhma_Slater

Touhma_Slater

"Support for 2D is on the way and before the end of Q1 2020 (still! stay tuned)." ---> YeeeeeY \o/

6. b43-14brett647

b43-14brett647

I'm trying this out. Can "Project Tiny" projects run in the editor? I'm getting errors when I try to run TinyRacing in the editor on a Mac.

Code (CSharp):
    1. AssertionException: Assertion failure. Value was False
    2. Expected: True
    3. UnityEngine.Assertions.Assert.Fail (System.String message, System.String userMessage) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Assertions/Assert/AssertBase.cs:29)
    4. UnityEngine.Assertions.Assert.IsTrue (System.Boolean condition, System.String message) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Assertions/Assert/AssertBool.cs:20)
    5. UnityEngine.Assertions.Assert.IsTrue (System.Boolean condition) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Assertions/Assert/AssertBool.cs:13)
    6. Unity.Tiny.Authoring.ExportTinyRenderingSettings.OnUpdate () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny.rendering@0.22.0-preview.5/Authoring/Unity.Tiny.Rendering.Authoring/ExportTinyRenderingSettings.cs:17)
    7. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystem.Update () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.5.1-preview.11/Unity.Entities/ComponentSystem.cs:107)
    8. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemGroup.UpdateAllSystems () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.5.1-preview.11/Unity.Entities/ComponentSystemGroup.cs:182)
    9. UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    10. Unity.Debug:LogException(Exception) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.5.1-preview.11/Unity.Entities/Stubs/Unity/Debug.cs:19)
    11. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemGroup:UpdateAllSystems() (at . . .

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  7. gwenaelle_unity

gwenaelle_unity

Unity Technologies

Thanks for reporting this issue. A fix will be in the next release. Tiny projects should run in the editor but they will look a bit different since the game view and tiny builds are using a different renderer for now.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  8. b43-14brett647

b43-14brett647

9. JakHussain

JakHussain

Way to go project tiny team!

elliotc-unity likes this.
  10. Arowx

Arowx

Does Tiny only work with a fixed set of packages?

I tried setting up a Tiny project with the latest packages and got compile errors regarding platforms, removing Tiny resolved the compile error.

11. newguy123

newguy123

As per my post here in 0.20:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/pro...020-0-is-available.792999/page-3#post-5391231

I can not get Tiny3D sample to work. With 0.21 I also could not get it to work.

Now with 0.22 I STILL CAN NOT get it to work:

upload_2020-3-2_12-6-16.png

This is with the latest samples from Github. Repro steps:
    Download git samples, open Tiny3D in 2019.3.3f1
    Open Tiny3D Scene. Play in editor to make sure it runs.
    Go to build and choose WASM-Tiny3D
    (tried with default settings, but also tried by ticking Build Current Scene and also tried adding the DOTS Subscene to the build, makes no difference)
    Upload resulting build live online website
    Browse with Firefox on PC, get green screen, press F12 to see console errors

Any ideas? Getting really frustrated!

EDIT:
    I get same result when building to asm

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  12. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Sorry about that let's debug and fix together the problem.

Please change the wasm web build settings to the following:
    1- In the dots runtime build profile component make sure the configuration is set to Debug
    2- Add Dots Runtime Scripting Defines component
    3- Increase the ScriptingDefines size to one
    4- Add RENDERING_ENABLE_TRACE
    5- Build and run the web build from http server
    6- Capture the web target logs from the browser console and send them to us
    upload_2020-3-2_10-23-24.png

Attached Files:

13. De-Panther

De-Panther

Always amazing to see how this project is going forward.

I built the WASM version of TinyRacing, and tested it on Chrome(Windows 10), I used Spector.js to check how many draw calls the game has, and got 1932 draw calls on the race count down, and 1280 draw calls on the menu.
    I know that the render in the editor is different than in run time, but in the editor I get around 320 draw calls on the race count down, and around 60 on the menu.

I guess that there are no batching in Tiny WebGL yet.
    What are the plans for batching and other render optimizations for the Tiny WebGL?

Thanks

14. newguy123

newguy123

So I set my settings like so:
    upload_2020-3-3_17-21-48.png

....and the resulting browsers console logs is like so:
    upload_2020-3-3_17-24-22.png

upload_2020-3-3_17-38-26.png

What else do you need to get to the bottom of why I cant get ANY web builds to work?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  15. elliotc-unity

elliotc-unity

Unity Technologies

64MB seems low compared to the default 256MB we have in our samples. What happens if you put it back to 256MB?

16. newguy123

newguy123

will try a bit later today, BUT, I didnt set it to 64, its default like that from the git samples

17. newguy123

newguy123

OK So I typed the Memory thing exactly as in the posted pic above, namely:
    -s TOTAL_MEMORY=256MB --profiling

but then got this failed build error:
    upload_2020-3-4_9-7-49.png

I then changed it to just:
    TOTAL_MEMORY=256MB

...but still, that results in exact same issue as what it gave when it was 64MB. So it didnt make any difference it seems. I still get the green screen saying no surface and cams and same browser console errors

:-(

Any other ideas?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  18. Ted_Wikman

Ted_Wikman

Unity Technologies

@newguy123 Could you zip your project up and share it with us? Then we can take a look.
    If you do not want to share it in this thread, you can PM me a link to the zipped up project.

19. newguy123

newguy123

Thanks @Ted_Wikman , I just sent you a PM with the zip as well as online wasm build

20. b43-14brett647

b43-14brett647

Looking forward to 0.23. Is it coming soon? :)

21. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

This issue has been fixed please update your com.unity.tiny.all to 0.22.0-preview.3 :)

22. b43-14brett647

b43-14brett647

Sweet thanks :)

23. Sarkahn

Sarkahn

It seems there's a few incompatabilities with Tiny and the latest entities package. What version are we supposed to be using?

Unity_5xL4tkVaWY.png
    Unity_S80bCLAOdb.png

24. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Tiny version 0.22 is not compatible with the latest entities release
    make sure to use "com.unity.entities": "0.5.1-preview.11"
    We are working on making sure the upcoming Tiny version 0.23 is compatible with the latest entities

V_i_T and Sarkahn like this.
  25. keh192

keh192

Hi, is Tiny version 0.23 will be compatible with the latest entities Entities 0.7.0-preview.19? This Entities have a major changes in Systems.

26. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

That will be Entities 0.8.0-preview.x

facundo_unity961 and keh192 like this.
  27. ovirta

ovirta

Fyi.

Was trying out the latest Project Tiny samples and didn't get wasm and asmjs builds to run in browsers. Just green or black screen. Audio worked on Tiny Racing but nothing rendered.

Installed Chrome Beta, npx http-server in build directory and voilá, see pic.

Attached Files:

• tiny.png
      tiny.png
      File size:
      238.9 KB
      Views:
  28. newguy123

newguy123

I'd be interested if you can get any of the samples to run in an actual live web server, not just the local http-server. For me it works fine in local http-server, but not on live server. No idea why...

29. ovirta

ovirta

Just uploaded tiny project to our website and it was running ok with Chrome Beta.

30. PPenar

PPenar

@AbdulAlgharbi

Does Project Tiny have access to the camera of the device? To show for example rear camera view of the Android phone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.