Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Project Settings>Player>Android Tab makes Unity User Interface disappear and blank

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by mhellnerdev, Jul 4, 2019.

1. mhellnerdev

mhellnerdev

Hi, upon changing some values in my Android Build settings. The GUI blanked out and i cant get player settings anymore.

The only way around this that's worked is to switch my build target. Once i switch, all build target tabs return and menu behaves as normal, until i click the Android tab again.

This is an AR project and I believe the setting that was changed when this happened as an AR setting in the Android player build settings.

Editor.log included.
    https://gist.github.com/mhellnerdev/bd12d0c05bfcf13d2a26a68d01f2efa0

I thought a solution would be to entirely remove the playback engine for android but I havent been able to find where to do this yet.

Attached Files:

2. AAAAAAAAAE

AAAAAAAAAE

"I thought a solution would be to entirely remove the playback engine for android but I havent been able to find where to do this yet."

If u want to remove Android support then use Unity Hub -> uninstall from Modules.

3. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  4. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Moving this to the 2019.3 alpha forum.

5. mhellnerdev

mhellnerdev

Tried the fix mentioned here with no avail.

Ok so steps taken thus far. Complete removal of unity from my system. All old versions.

This included Standard Windows uninstall.
    Removal of all traces of unity in %appdata% and %programfiles%

upon reinstall, when switching to the Android build tab, Player Settings go blank.

Any other ideas?

Currently I'm installing latest LTS to see if issue persists through all versions.

6. mhellnerdev

mhellnerdev

Update-

Upon opening the project in latest LTS, errors expected, this one stood out to me. See image. Mention of invalid dependencies "com.unity.modules.andoirdjini@1.0.0 cannot be found".

not sure if this is just simply a result of rolling back versions, or if this is any clue into what i need to fix with the once working 2019 project.

I was able to access the Android build tab once opening in 2018 LTS.

Any help with this issue please as I do not want to rebuild my entire AR project from scratch. Thanks!
    <blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/yCdPQC7"><a href="//imgur.com/a/yCdPQC7"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  7. mhellnerdev

mhellnerdev

Error here-

Attached Files: