Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Player Settings Android Tab not working

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by Schmanek, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Schmanek

Schmanek

EDIT 2: I solved my problem by accident. Appareantly i was missing the Java Runtime Environment so everyone with the same problem go download that.

EDIT:
    I also tried the latest beta and stable versions and had the same problem but the version mentioned by Peter77 that can be found here is working for me

Hi, i am trying to get into Unity and as my first project i want to make a small android app but i encountered my first problem before even really getting startet and afte searching for hours i found no solution so maybe someone here can help me.

When i open the player settings window and click on the android tab the window goes partially blank and i get about 155 errors in the console:

"CommandInvokationFailure: Failed to update Android SDK package list.
    C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.0a7/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer\SDK\tools\bin\sdkmanager.bat --list"

"GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced.
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)"

"ArgumentException: GUILayout: Mismatched LayoutGroup.repaint
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.RenderChain.Render (UnityEngine.Rect topRect, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 projection) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Renderer/UIRChainBuilder.cs:238)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIRRepaintUpdater.DrawChain (UnityEngine.Rect topRect, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 projection) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Renderer/UIRRepaintUpdater.cs:66)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIRRepaintUpdater.Update () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Renderer/UIRRepaintUpdater.cs:54)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdater.UpdateVisualTree () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeUpdater.cs:73)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.Panel.Repaint (UnityEngine.Event e) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Panel.cs:694)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:274)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:107)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)"

"Scope was not disposed! You should use the 'using' keyword or manually call Dispose.
    UnityEngine.Scope:Finalize()"

Those four errors repeat over and over.

This is what my Project Settings Window looks like at this Point:
    Unbenannt.PNG

Please send Help.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    johnsonsudre and honor0102 like this.
  2. Matanyos

Matanyos

same problem please help!

honor0102 likes this.
  3. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

If you're a beginner, I suggest you use Unity 2018.4 LTS, which is considered stable:
    https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive

Using the LTS releases allows you to concentrate on learning Unity, because you don't have to deal with so many problems. There are also more Unity tutorials out there for "older" versions too.

Unity 2019.3 is an alpha release at the moment and is the most unstable Unity version you can think of. Not so great for learning purposes.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    Noxi027 likes this.
  4. willisuh

willisuh

is there any way to fix this without downgrading to 2018.4?

downgrading makes me lose all scripts attached to my UI. i literally have to start the project over from scratch...

5. willisuh

willisuh

installing JRE did not fix the problem ;;

6. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

7. DarkDungeonStudio

DarkDungeonStudio

I'm experiencing the same issue in Unity 2019.1 and 2019.2.
    I fixed it previously by starting a new project.
    But the game has grown too large for me to do that now.

Any ideas?

Boy2000 likes this.
  8. sakea_meri

sakea_meri

I had the same issue a minute ago in Unity 2019.2.0f1 (personal). Installing the latest Java run time environment and uninstalling all previous Java instances during install wizard did the trick for me.

Thorny2000 likes this.
  9. CoolTomatoYT

CoolTomatoYT

Turns out I had Java 8, an LTS release from 2014 that became unsupported a few months ago after 5 years of support. Thanks for the help with finding the problem!

10. Thorny2000

Thorny2000

I tried the uninstalling java (search for the uninstall too or click here: https://www.java.com/en/download/uninstalltool.jsp). Then installing latest (https://www.java.com/en/download/). Didn't work yet.

Downloaded the latest SDK Tools package (https://developer.android.com/studio and scroll down, currently "sdk-tools-windows-4333796.zip"). Unzipped that.

Located Unity's current Tools folder
    "C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\2019.2.1f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\tools" and overwrote with the latest I downloaded.

Working fine now.

AstridLongi, tylerwongj and Boy2000 like this.
  11. PolygonicLtd

PolygonicLtd

Excuse me, but how do I use the JRE x86/ x64 or at least connect it to my Unity 2019.2.2f1 personal? All my External Tools work perfectly fine, including my JDK, but my Player page is still blank and the same errors keep loading.

Edit: I fixed it accidentally, and it seems that switching back and forth between PC and Android, and reimporting all fixed it.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    Hiba_Ajami and johnsonsudre like this.
  12. DevSpur

DevSpur

:):)

Thanks this worked for me :)

13. Boy2000

Boy2000

same problem

14. DarkDungeonStudio

DarkDungeonStudio

This fixed it for me as well.

15. Boy2000

Boy2000

sorry I'm new to unity but how do we reimport?

16. Dalton-Lima

Dalton-Lima

In the Unity toolbar Assets -> Reimport All

17. Jeff-Kesselman

Jeff-Kesselman

I've tried all of these suggestions on Linux and nothing has fixed the issue. Its clearly a GUI render issue as it throws these exceptions:

ArgumentException: GUILayout: Mismatched LayoutGroup.repaint
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.RenderChain.Render (UnityEngine.Rect topRect, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 projection) (at /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Renderer/UIRChainBuilder.cs:238)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIRRepaintUpdater.DrawChain (UnityEngine.Rect topRect, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 projection) (at /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Renderer/UIRRepaintUpdater.cs:66)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIRRepaintUpdater.Update () (at /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Renderer/UIRRepaintUpdater.cs:54)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdater.UpdateVisualTree () (at /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeUpdater.cs:72)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.Panel.Repaint (UnityEngine.Event e) (at /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Panel.cs:637)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:240)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:78)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

beholdgames likes this.
  18. Jeff-Kesselman

Jeff-Kesselman

Here is my log on Ubuntu 18.04

Attached Files:

19. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Dalton-Lima likes this.
  20. beholdgames

beholdgames

I also had this issue but the issue wasn't with anything mentioned above. For some reason, when I upgraded my version of Unity 2019.2.10f1 (the latest), it didn't install the Android SDK. It's been a long time since I previously used Unity but now I'm getting back on the grind >:) The problem was, I was using a version of Unity previously that required a second download (before the HUB). If you've installed Unity recently or upgraded, here is your fix!

Go to Unity HUB... Click Installs... click the 3 dots on the top right of your version and click add modules. Underneath "Android Build Support", make sure "Android SDK & NDK Tools" are checked. If you are like me, for whatever reason, this was unchecked and I couldn't figure out what was wrong until I went into the folder and realized none of the SDK files were there lol. I realize this is an "easy fix" but I've seen other threads about this and this worked for me. It's odd that it would only affect the "player" tab in the project settings and ONLY when you click the android tab. Maybe the Unity devs might put some kind of flag in Unity? If no android SDK, it won't load android player tab? Once the android tab is clicked, you have to switch platforms to fix it but it happens all over again if you press it accidentally later.

Hope this helps :)

21. shubam_101

shubam_101

Problem arise when you open icon setting under Android Build
    Switch to PC Build and select other setting than icon

mouhammadbatarni likes this.
  22. a_strl

a_strl

Guys, I had such problem.
    In My case I didn't have Android Studio installed.
    Installation fixed it.
    If you don't want to install android studio, try to install only Android SDK (I think should be fine).

23. GiovanniCoa

GiovanniCoa

Dear Sirs,

I had the same problem and therefore I share a possible solution with you.
    In my case it was easy to solve as I had simply forgotten to select two modules that you find on Unity Hub> Install> Your Unity version> Add Modules> Android Support.
    The options to add in my case were:
    - Android SDK & NDK Tools
    - OpenJDK

This solved the problem in my case.
    I hope it will be useful.

Giovanni Coa

24. mouhammadbatarni

mouhammadbatarni

This literally saved my life.. after hours of looking for answers.. THANK YOU

25. KeithHarre

KeithHarre

This worked for me ... turn on cloud diagnostics and enter your android license key in in-app