Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Player Settings Android Tab not working

Discussion in '2019.3 Alpha' started by IamSiegmeyer, Jun 25, 2019.

1. IamSiegmeyer

IamSiegmeyer

EDIT 2: I solved my problem by accident. Appareantly i was missing the Java Runtime Environment so everyone with the same problem go download that.

EDIT:
    I also tried the latest beta and stable versions and had the same problem but the version mentioned by Peter77 that can be found here is working for me

Hi, i am trying to get into Unity and as my first project i want to make a small android app but i encountered my first problem before even really getting startet and afte searching for hours i found no solution so maybe someone here can help me.

When i open the player settings window and click on the android tab the window goes partially blank and i get about 155 errors in the console:

"CommandInvokationFailure: Failed to update Android SDK package list.
    C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.0a7/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer\SDK\tools\bin\sdkmanager.bat --list"

"GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced.
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)"

"ArgumentException: GUILayout: Mismatched LayoutGroup.repaint
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.RenderChain.Render (UnityEngine.Rect topRect, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 projection) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Renderer/UIRChainBuilder.cs:238)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIRRepaintUpdater.DrawChain (UnityEngine.Rect topRect, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 projection) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Renderer/UIRRepaintUpdater.cs:66)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIRRepaintUpdater.Update () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Renderer/UIRRepaintUpdater.cs:54)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdater.UpdateVisualTree () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeUpdater.cs:73)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.Panel.Repaint (UnityEngine.Event e) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Panel.cs:694)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:274)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:107)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)"

"Scope was not disposed! You should use the 'using' keyword or manually call Dispose.
    UnityEngine.Scope:Finalize()"

Those four errors repeat over and over.

This is what my Project Settings Window looks like at this Point:
    Unbenannt.PNG

Please send Help.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  2. Matanyos

Matanyos

same problem please help!

3. Peter77

Peter77

If you're a beginner, I suggest you use Unity 2018.4 LTS, which is considered stable:
    https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive

Using the LTS releases allows you to concentrate on learning Unity, because you don't have to deal with so many problems. There are also more Unity tutorials out there for "older" versions too.

Unity 2019.3 is an alpha release at the moment and is the most unstable Unity version you can think of. Not so great for learning purposes.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    Noxi027 likes this.
  4. willisuh

willisuh

is there any way to fix this without downgrading to 2018.4?

downgrading makes me lose all scripts attached to my UI. i literally have to start the project over from scratch...

5. willisuh

willisuh

installing JRE did not fix the problem ;;

6. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

7. Enthused-Dragon

Enthused-Dragon

I'm experiencing the same issue in Unity 2019.1 and 2019.2.
    I fixed it previously by starting a new project.
    But the game has grown too large for me to do that now.

Any ideas?

8. sakea_meri

sakea_meri

I had the same issue a minute ago in Unity 2019.2.0f1 (personal). Installing the latest Java run time environment and uninstalling all previous Java instances during install wizard did the trick for me.

GMT likes this.
  9. CoolTomatoYT

CoolTomatoYT

Turns out I had Java 8, an LTS release from 2014 that became unsupported a few months ago after 5 years of support. Thanks for the help with finding the problem!

10. GMT

GMT

I tried the uninstalling java (search for the uninstall too or click here: https://www.java.com/en/download/uninstalltool.jsp). Then installing latest (https://www.java.com/en/download/). Didn't work yet.

Downloaded the latest SDK Tools package (https://developer.android.com/studio and scroll down, currently "sdk-tools-windows-4333796.zip"). Unzipped that.

Located Unity's current Tools folder
    "C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\2019.2.1f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\tools" and overwrote with the latest I downloaded.

Working fine now.