Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

[Progrids Bug] Grid not visible

Discussion in 'World Building' started by awake, May 7, 2018.

1. awake

awake

Not sure if this is a bug or i have something not set right.

The grid and angle lines do not show up from progrid. The tool menu appears fine and snapping is working properly. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling from package manager. I did not try an entirely new project.

Regular black unity grid can turn on and off.

This is 2018.1.0f2 personal, windows 10, AMD Radeon R7

eont likes this.
  2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi there! Can you try this:

1. Click the "Show Grid" toggle, make sure it is on (shows with color, vs greyed out)
    2. Click the "Lock Grid" toggle, and switch it to "Unocked" (shows with color, and unlocked icon)
    3. Select any object

Attached Files:

Flamingo09 likes this.
  3. awake

awake

I started a new lightweight render pipeline project, made sure the two toggles were on and selected an object. screenshot attached.
    This is for progrids 3.0.2-preview from the package manager. The Progrids from the Asset store worked fine for me so it isnt critical.

Attached Files:

4. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Ah ok, it's definitely connected to the LWRP. Thanks for that extra info, able to repro now! :)

awake likes this.
  5. luisch125

luisch125

Hi, same issue here trying the LWRP. Any update on that?

6. awake

awake

7. nicmarxp

nicmarxp

Hmm, I had a similar issue, I switched to asset store version, seemed to still not work but I then realized the grids where so huge. I could scale them down from the menu, but I'm having trouble aligning a simple 1x1x1 cube, and the grid squares seem to be a bit smaller, maybe 0.8. The Snap by 1 works though in steps with the cube size, but it doesn't align with the grid at all. What am I doing wrong? It seems to float a bit below, even though the cube is at 0x0x0..

8. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! If you click on the Grid Size (top number in the ProGrids panel), you can set the exact size- set this to 1 and see if that helps?

9. nicmarxp

nicmarxp

Hi, it was set to 1 in this picture and the cube has a side of 1. So something is off. Anything else I can check?

10. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hmm. And you are setting the ProGrids snap value, not the Unity Snap value, correct?

I'm stumped, other than that. If ProGrids snap is set to 1m- oh, actually...did you by chance change your Grid Units? Under "Edit > Preferences > ProGrids". Make sure that's meters?

11. Game-Savvy

Game-Savvy

Hi Just wanted to add a bit on this.
    Using Unity 2018.2.0f2 in LWRP 2.0.5-preview and ProGrids 3.0.3-preview.0
    The grid is only visible a little bit when coming really close to the selected object, or the fixed grid.

It is also fully visible on Isometric modes, but the issue happens only in perspective mode.

This happens with both ways of installing it, the asset from the AssetStore or the package from PackageManager.

Any idea on when will this get fixed?
    Thank you very much.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  12. eric_delappe

eric_delappe

This issue has nothing to do with ProGrids. I'm experiencing the exact same issue with a fresh 2018.2 project, no packages installed except the SRP core and the LWRP. The issue occurs as soon as I drop a LWRP asset into the graphics settings.

edit: Gizmos and outlines aren't rendering properly either. They are much less opaque than they are with legacy rendering.

GilbertoBitt likes this.
  13. luisch125

luisch125

Yeah, in 2D mode I can see the grid, but it vanishes on 3D mode. Snapping works, but grid is invisible. The unity grids have the same problem, btw.

14. anthonyallen

anthonyallen

Hey, I've been using LWRP as well and I'm getting the same issue. I will have show grids checked but in perspective mode they will not display. If I then switch to isometric mode they will return. Has anyone found out anything on this?

15. battlemediagroup

battlemediagroup

Im still searching for a solution to this because its really messing with me right now... If anyone ever fixed this could you please post?

16. Skyler_Hawkins

Skyler_Hawkins

I have ran into this problem too and can't get it to work out. I do have it show up randomly when moving around in the scene but can't get it to stay. I have a couple of screenshots to show how it looks when it does show up. Anyone have any luck?

Attached Files:

17. my_little_kafka

my_little_kafka

Same problem with LWRP, problems with Unity's grid visibility - at most times it's not visible at all, but if I select an object on the scene, the grid is visible for a split second, then it's invisible again. Really difficult to work in the editor (interface scaling issues are not helping too)

18. sarebots2

sarebots2

19. GetsColder

GetsColder

Having this exact issue. :/

20. dylandarthrader

dylandarthrader

I have the same problem. I've found that LWRP version 1.1.11 Preview works with ProGrids as well as unity's build-in grids. So I'm using that version until they fix it.

21. Skyler_Hawkins

Skyler_Hawkins

Hopefully once LWRP is out of preview the problem will be fixed.

22. mookfasa

mookfasa

Anyone figure out a fix for this yet? Still having issues with 2018.2.18 and LWRP 3.0.0

23. jumisko

jumisko

There is still an issue with ProGrids in 2019.4, using the URP. I get it floating well below the object I am building. The only workaround I have seen and used is to work in top perspective, sometimes isometric works, but none of these are actually reliable. I love the idea of ProBuilder, ProGrids, but it is not working well for larger scale projects. Even in a band new project, it eventually wigs out. Shouldn't the grid snap to the object you are building? Seems likely.

24. realitygarage

realitygarage

same here with 2019.4 and URP - reverted to creating a non URP project for using the protools stuff to create assets