Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Probuilder does not export object components

Discussion in 'World Building' started by RobbySok, Mar 3, 2020.

1. RobbySok

RobbySok

Probuilder doesn't export components like scripts, lights etc.
    I have a script in my model that I need in-game, and it doesn't get exported....

2. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

Could you clarify what you mean by export? If you're referring to the ProBuilder "Export" action, if you select "Prefab" it should include all components on your GameObjects. However, any other export format will only contain the mesh itself.

3. RobbySok

RobbySok

I don't know how do you mean but you can't export a Prefab, it says "no mesh selected". And the only export formats available are obj, stl, ply and asset...

4. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

Prefab is an option within the "Asset" export panel.

5. RobbySok

RobbySok

I'm sorry, but I'm not very experienced at this, and I can't find this Asset export panel. If you're refering to the Asset export format, then there's only the "Include Children" field to be checked.
    I am using a little outdated version of Unity, 2017.1.1f1 .... It's been a while since I last used Unity...

Edit: Actually, here the version of ProBuilder is important, it's 2.9.8f3

6. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

7. RobbySok

RobbySok

Yeah, but regardless the version, it is clearly stated that the only option is "Include Children" in the link you posted.

8. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

Sorry, I was going from memory there. First, do you know that you can just drag a GameObject into the Project to create a prefab? Second, if you really do want to export to an non-editable mesh prefab, there is a new (looks like docs haven't yet been updated) export option called "Prefab."

9. RobbySok

RobbySok

Yes, I do know. I want to be able to export the mesh along with a script, and then use it in another project.

Edit: So all I have to do is simply update Unity?

10. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

If your other project has ProBuilder installed, you can just drag the prefab files from Finder or Explorer into your other project without exporting from ProBuilder. If it does not have ProBuilder installed, you must first export to Prefab asset from ProBuilder's export menu, then copy the prefab files to your new project. Make sure you also copy the scripts associated with that prefab along with the meta files.

That, or just use "Export Package" to bundle your selected assets and take that to your other project.

11. RobbySok

RobbySok

Then the simplest and best way would be to install ProBuilder in my other project right?

12. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

Yes, that would probably be the simplest solution.

13. master_rigel

master_rigel

There's a catch here. And I think it's important to note.

Probuilder and/or other packages do not export with your unity package, even if you select export dependencies.

Secondly, you need to install your packages FIRST. Otherwise, they will not be applied to the prefabs and objects you have already imported.

Is this by design?