Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Probuilder connect vertecies rarely seems to work and gives no feedback.

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Mirvini, May 31, 2022.

1. Mirvini

Mirvini

Lets say I'm doing this very basic case of trying to make a hole in a mesh.

I'll start with making a big wall with probuilder.
    I'll use "Insert edge loop" tool on each of the 4 edges to then make a square in the middle

upload_2022-5-31_20-35-23.png

Next I'll use "Delete Face on both sides of the wall.

upload_2022-5-31_20-37-9.png

So at this point I'd like to fill in the 4 empty sides of the "hole"

I could try to select 2 vertices and connect them for each corner like so:

upload_2022-5-31_20-40-1.png

Pressing "Connect Vertices" just deselects the two verts without any error or message. And sadly these two vertices refuse to be joined

Now if I use "Bridge edges" on the edges it will fill in the walls, but this does not explain why I can't connect the two vertices.
    upload_2022-5-31_20-49-43.png

More importantly, why does this, and most other probuilder commands just silently fail without giving any feedback about what is actually happening?

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...tices tool creates,to keep the geometry valid.

The example in the documentation shows them connecting on an existing face, and if I try that out myself, sure enough it does connect when the vertices are already on the same face.
    But I do not see any mention of the conditions that would make it work, seemingly implying that my example case should work.

I am using Unity 2021.1.10f and probuilder 5.0.4