Search Unity

Problem with Tile Sets

Discussion in '2D' started by adammangoroban, Dec 4, 2019.

1. adammangoroban

adammangoroban

I have a game I am creating with a friend. We are using Unity collab in order to share and edit the project. For some reason, my game ended up breaking our tileset. Does anyone know how this happens and/or know a fix for it? Thanks in advance. glitch.PNG glitch2.PNG

2. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

Would you mind filing a bug report with the Unity Bug Reporter with this project? That would be helpful for us to pinpoint the issue!

If you can share more details about your project, for example: which Unity version you are using, which 2D features or packages you are using or details about the tileset, more help can be given. Thanks!

3. Joey-The-Great

Joey-The-Great

Hey so I'm the other guy working on the project, I think we're using 2018.3.0f2. The only packages we have added are 2D IK, 2D Animation, and 2D PSD importer. Not sure if this counts as a package, but we've also imported A* path finding.

4. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

Could you try duplicating your Tilemap in another project without the 2D Animation package and see if the glitches still appear (or somehow remove the 2D Animation package from your main project)?

If so, you may want to upgrade to Unity 2018.4 LTS and see if that works out with everything?

https://forum.unity.com/threads/tilemap-weird-glitching-behaviour.667141/

5. Joey-The-Great

Joey-The-Great

Okay so turns out that we were using 2018.4 on some computers and 2018.3 on others. The glitch was only appearing in 2018.3. We've updated and it's fixed now. Didn't have to remove 2d animation or anything. (Good thing too, because we rely heavily on skeletal animations) One side note: the glitch was purely visual, the tilemap colliders were unaffected. thanks for the help!