Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem displaying ads

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Tx, May 27, 2020.

1. Tx

Tx

Hello,
    a few users reported that when they ask for Ads they seem to work for a few times and after that they can no longer see them. Users can see video for 10 consecutive times a day but they report getting 3 videos, or 6, or 9. Issue is both on iOs and Android devices, old and new and we can't find a common denominator to find the issue. Of course on all the devices we have we can't reproduce the problem.

I have a popup message in the app that should inform them that no video is ready but it doesn't show so this test, made before the Show call, should return true. Advertisement.IsReady(placementId);

App is very simple it's only an interstitial rewarded video, just one id for all the app.

I'm using the Services integration and I currently build :
    Version 2018.4.10f1
    Ads Version 2.0.8 (I see thisversion number in Unity Package Manager)

Someone has any hints?

2. kyle-unity

kyle-unity

Unity Technologies

I recommend you try upgrading to the latest version in the package manager (3.4.5) and try disabling Ads in the Services window (as this is not required with the latest version of the SDK)

If that doesn't help, then it may be that the users having the issue are in a region where ad supply (fill rate) is limited - this could be affecting the number of ads available at a time.

3. Tx

Tx

By fill rate you mean the same I can checkout in the backend? I see that it's almost 90%, a few weeks later was up to 98% (and I got anyway many reports of users complaining about ads not showing). Its' strange that a few users have always all the 10 videos available, but others seem to specifically have issues, almost no video in a day.

Question since I couldn't debug: if I had fill rate issues wouldn't the method Advertisement.IsReady return false? I have only a function that checks its return value and when I hardcoded for testing "return false;" (instead of return Advertisement.IsReady) the popup message that I created was displayed correctly.

Before upgrading and just crossing fingers I hoped that someone had a success story that cared to share about these versions :)

4. kyle-unity

kyle-unity

Unity Technologies

It's difficult to say what's happening for sure without being able to reproduce the issue locally (so we can see the logs), but I still recommend you update the SDK. Version 2.0.8 is quite old at this point.

Tx likes this.
  5. Tx

Tx

I updated the version, removing the embedded implementation.
    It's working much better. A few users complain about video not being available but the app now displays the UI messabox so it's just a ads supply problem.
    Thanks!
    (Unity 2018.4.23f1 and Advertisement 3.4.5)