Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

problem assets

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by michele2000bon, Dec 15, 2019.

1. michele2000bon

michele2000bon

Last time i chat with a worker of unity and tell me that i can downloaded all free assets from asset store,but he said me that there are some assets that i cannot use,i do not remember it?which are they?

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

I guess it would be ones too old for your version of Unity, or something. Honestly you're going about it all wrong. There are thousands and thousands of assets, even free ones; do you really intend to download all of them? Instead, browse and grab what looks interesting, or go to the store with a specific need and search for it.

Bill_Martini likes this.
  3. Bill_Martini

Bill_Martini

Holy S. I don't think it's possible to import every free asset in the asset store into a single project, plus the time and space involved. As @JoeStrout stated you've missed the whole point of the asset store. You only import assets that you can use in your currently open project.

You have access to all the assets so you don't need import them all, just the one, two, or few you are actually going to use currently. Most popular assets are updated periodically, so having an old version is useless when you will need to download the new version when you get around to actually using the asset. Every asset has the Unity versions it has been tested on so pay attention to that when selecting. I can't think of one positive reason to do what you are asking.

JoeStrout likes this.
  4. michele2000bon

michele2000bon

i do not download all assets ,this is obvious,the question is another" he said me that there are some assets that i cannot use,i do not remember it?which are they?

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Likely the ones that may produce compiler errors or similar on your version of Unity. There are some that are free, and some require you to pay.