Search Unity

Question Prefab instance placed manually in editor is not recognized as related to prefab by netcode?

Discussion in 'Netcode for GameObjects' started by MaxYari, Apr 19, 2022.

1. MaxYari

MaxYari

Hello there!

I'm trying to equip weapons on the server when the client clicks on it. I do that by catching a click on a weapon object and instantiating it into the player's hand. The weapon is a prefab and this prefab is registered in network prefabs. If I spawn a weapon into the game world upon game start - everything works alright, yet if I place prefab in the editor and then launch the game - I can see that placed prefab now has a different `GlobalObjectIdHash` and attempt to Instantiate it causes.

upload_2022-4-19_20-18-19.png

So it seems to me, `GlobalObjectIdHash` link is lost whenever the prefab is placed in the scene in the editor. Is that intended? And if so - what will be a recommended workaround?
    Thanks!

browne11 likes this.
  2. hoesterey

hoesterey

Did you make any changes to the prefab in the scene? If so it's not really the "Same Prefab". I have prefabs in scene that are registered to the network manager and its working AOK.

3. browne11

browne11

We are having this exact same issue as well.

4. browne11

browne11

I assume he is spawning the prefab without an instantiation. We simply call .Spawn() since no instantiation is needed as it's already in the scene..