Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

PostEffectsBase class missing

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by PedroGV, Mar 5, 2015.

1. PedroGV

PedroGV

When trying to compile an upgraded project to Unity5 I get this error message:

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'PostEffectsBase' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

So, where can I get the missing assembly? Then, what?

krakendono likes this.
  2. PedroGV

PedroGV

3. PedroGV

PedroGV

According to the release notes:

STANDARD ASSETS
      • A new suite of Standard Assets including cameras, first and third person controllers, car controller, aeroplane controller and sample particle systems.
      • A cross platform input helper.
      • New mobile control prefabs based on the new UI system.
      • Image effects have been converted to C#.
      • New sample project based on the Standard assets shows how to best utilize them.
    So, my upgraded project should include all image effects as C# classes, and standard assets should be available, however, none of that happens.

I'm using the x64 version of the editor for Windows, maybe it has to do with it?

4. PedroGV

PedroGV

Ok, found it.

Standard assets are a separated download from Unity installer. When you get to the download pager there is an "Additional Downloads" section where you can find standard assets. As soon as you select it and press download an assistant is downloaded where you can select Standard Assets. When I first installed Unity x64, the UnitySetup file of 1GB+ was downloaded instead.

Since all standard assets are now available for the Personal edition, why not including it in Unity's installer (instead of keeping it as an optional separated download)?

yongkang2580 and krakendono like this.
  5. schulmkg

schulmkg

ok I'm having the same problem and I have manually installed the Standard Assets.

6. ifurkend

ifurkend

Most contents in the Standard Asset "Image Effect" package come with the installer have been removed in favor of the new effects which are now available on Asset Store under the "Unity Essentials" category, for free of course. "Post Processing Stack" is properly the one you would want to download first. The usage is bit different than the legacy effects, so read the documentation carefully.

krakendono likes this.
  7. k2001pratik

k2001pratik

Hey the Unity Essentials link not working? can you give the new link.....

TheSheepdog likes this.
  8. unity_6DB5C5C94F995C494EE4

unity_6DB5C5C94F995C494EE4

9. prtk237

prtk237

10. madeforgamingamk

madeforgamingamk

I got this error when i imported the easy performant outline package i am able to resolve this error by deleting the standard assets from my assets