Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Post-Processing wreckage while using addressables

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Kolyasisan, Jun 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kolyasisan

Kolyasisan

This issue is quite specific.

If you have multiple scenes that reside in different bundles then post-processing will most often break hard with unknown shaders error (trying to render a material with unassigned/broken shader, invalid pass number (1) for graphics.blit).

In my case, I had 2 scenes that both were in different bundles, both using post-processing. After loading the first scene I loaded into the second one. After that loaded back into the first scene and post-processing worked no more during that build session. Packing both of those scenes into one bundle helped.

I feel that there may be dependency issues. Can you please clarify on how to mitigate this particular issue (since you can't really snoop around in this department with packages)? Trying to shove the shaders into Resources didn't help.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  2. Kolyasisan

Kolyasisan

Just noticed another crucial bug regarding this behaviour. If the game uses sprite atlasses, then all of the packed sprites will not work at all on the first scene reload no matter if the atlasses are referenced in the addressable scenes or are addressables themselves.

3. unity_bill

unity_bill

There are a handful of issues with PostProcessing and asset bundles (which is what Addressables is built upon). If you have a specific issue, please file a bug against unity with a repro project.

What do you mean? The whole point of packages is that they are open source, so you can snoop. Unless you are wanting to snoop in something I'm not aware of.

There is a known bug surrounding something in a scene (direct reference) also being addressable and causing issues with that scene. Beyond that, the sprite atlas's should work. What version of Unity are you running on?

4. Adrien_Danglard

Adrien_Danglard

Bump. We're running into the same problem (Unity 2018.4.16f1, Addressables 1.10). A while back a bug was reported and there was a fix introduced in the post-processing package version 2.1.7 (https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...passes-when-reloading-scene-from-asset-bundle) We are using now the latest post-processing package (2.3). Is this a regression, or could it be something unrelated? Does anyone have any tips / advice on how to avoid this?

EDIT: So if anyone is wondering about this- the problem was the same as in the case of the post-processing package, except this time the culprit was a third-party asset (HxVolumetricCamera). On the link above you'll find a workaround- I had to do a similar thing to make sure that on changing scenes (loading them from bundles), there are no invalid hanging static references to materials.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.