Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Poke interactor blocks other interactors when a UI button gets disabled while being poked

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by maria_unity852, Jan 9, 2024.

1. maria_unity852

maria_unity852

My xr rig uses poke, direct, ray and teleport interactors in that priority order. When I'm poking a UI button and the UI gets disabled while being poked, all other interactors become unusable. I can't grab, raycst to or teleport until I poke another UI element.
    To sum it up, it looks like the poke interaction is left unresolved when the UI gets disabled.

Disabling/renabling the poke interactor doesn't solve the issue.

XR Interaction Toolkit v 2.5.2
    OpenXR plugin v 1.8.2
    Unity version 2022.3.10

2. ericprovencher

ericprovencher

Unity Technologies

Cheers for reporting this issue. We can look into it.

3. ABISHJOHN

ABISHJOHN

I am also facing the same issue. Please update on this.
    unity 2022.3.7

4. unity_1A8C24A0E9A2FCC2A46C

unity_1A8C24A0E9A2FCC2A46C

Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
    maria_unity852 likes this.
  5. ABISHJOHN

ABISHJOHN

I have updated XRInteractiontoolkit to 2.5.3 as well as 3.0.0-pre.2. Still this issue persists.

6. njwpsu

njwpsu

2.5.3 solved the issue for UI that is disabled while being selected by the poke interactor but it does not consider UI that is being hovered. So the issue still exists.

I haven't come up with a workaround but the issue comes from these two methods from 'TrackedDeviceGraphicRaycaster':
    Code (CSharp):
    1.         /// <summary>
    2.         /// Checks if poke interactor is interacting with any raycaster in the scene.
    3.         /// </summary>
    4.         /// <param name="interactor">Poke ui interactor to check.</param>
    5.         /// <returns>True if any poke interactor is hovering or selecting a graphic in the scene.</returns>
    6.         internal static bool IsPokeInteractingWithUI(IUIInteractor interactor)
    7.         {
    8.             foreach (var pokeUIInteractorSet in s_PokeHoverRaycasters.Values)
    9.             {
    10.                 if (pokeUIInteractorSet.Contains(interactor))
    11.                     return true;
    12.             }
    14.             return false;
    15.         }
    17.         /// <summary>
    18.         /// Validate interactor graphic raycaster data and ensure there is no stale data. Checks that the tracked device
    19.         /// graphic raycaster associated with the interactor is active and enabled.
    20.         /// </summary>
    21.         /// <param name="interactor">Interactor to validate.</param>
    22.         internal static void ValidatePokeInteractionData(IUIInteractor interactor)
    23.         {
    24.             if (interactor != null && interactor.TryGetUIModel(out var uiModel) &&
    25.                 uiModel.interactionType == UIInteractionType.Poke &&
    26.                 s_InteractorRaycasters.TryGetValue(interactor, out var graphicRaycaster) &&
    27.                 graphicRaycaster != null && !graphicRaycaster.isActiveAndEnabled)
    28.             {
    29.                     graphicRaycaster.EndPokeInteraction(interactor);
    30.             }
    31.         }
    Essentially `ValidatePokeInteractionData` needs to use `s_PokeHoverRaycasters` when checking for inactive graphic raycasters.

Vote on the issue - https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...n-a-ui-button-gets-disabled-while-being-poked

7. ericprovencher

ericprovencher

Unity Technologies

I think we fixed again this in 2.5.4, and 3.0.1.
    The previous fix was incomplete.