Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Player sprite pixel(s) move out of place when animated

Discussion in '2D' started by KairoThePyro, Nov 10, 2022.

1. KairoThePyro

KairoThePyro

Hi!

I'm having a weird issue where when I try to animate my player, the pixels are moving where they shouldn't go (in the video shown, you can see it looks like they're moving 1 pixel or so down onto the character and covering the other colors), and despite lots of googling I can't seem to find an answer. Here's a video along with my player's/camera's settings

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

Isn't this just how your animation is made? With the center being the middle of the sprite

3. KairoThePyro

KairoThePyro

I don't think the pixels should be moving like that though, right? I've went through several videos to see if i'm doing anything wrong, and did the same thing as them for animating but their pixels seem to stay in place. When I check the images in Unity and go through before the animation, they look fine and the colors don't change or anything. Only when I drop them into the animation section do they start to do that

also, I should clarify it only does this in the game view, not the scene view

4. DevDunk

DevDunk

Do you have a video of the desired result?
    the pixels are moving where they shouldn't go is a bit vague

5. KairoThePyro

KairoThePyro

In the video I posted on the right face of the player, the colors are shifting down instead of staying where they were. The movement itself is correct, but there are some pixels distorting/shifting onto other places on the character

6. Chris-Trueman

Chris-Trueman