Search Unity

Third Party Photon PUN - GameAdmin Client

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by RaikuKawisa, Dec 7, 2018.

1. RaikuKawisa

RaikuKawisa

The current project I'm working on requires a second type of game client to be able to connect to the networked room. So I will have the basic player clients who will actually be playing the game, and I need a second client to be able to connect to the game who does not play but is able to change settings and receive feedback and I am not sure how to implement a second client like that.

2. tobiass

tobiass

You can implement it just like other clients but implement more "abilities".
    In the default implementation of Photon, there is no concept of "admins" or "moderators". More to the point: There is no concept of roles at all, so every player technically has the same rights. That also means: Once a room is full of players, the room is simply full and no matter the client, there is no spot for a moderator to join.
    Well, you might be able to have all rooms set an "expected player". In that case, a "moderator" is basically added to the room from the start and a user with the UserID "moderator" would be able to join the room.
    Make sure to at least implement Custom Authentication in this case, or else any client may be hacked into connecting as "moderator" (or whatever userId you chose)...