Search Unity

Third Party Photon Bolt host migration

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by r31o, Sep 24, 2021.

1. r31o

r31o

So, I started out with my little bolt project just some fps movement.
    Now, I want to implement host migration to my project. In the docs they say Is impossible, I read out in the photon forum is possble but with extra effort and someshere else, I read is done.
    Where I can find a tutorial or some help about this? Someone knows how to do it?
    Thanks in advance.

2. perick

perick

Hi,

Host migration is an incredibly difficult feature to implement. In bolt it is not impossible, but it's very very difficult, and it's probably not worth trying.

If this is a new project, I suggest you to move to Photon Fusion, as for that we did a new from-scratch design of the whole state-transfer approach, and host-migration is planned to be added as a turn-key feature (as long as you follow some basic rules).

Just check on the documentation website for Photon Fusion, it's already available:
    https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/fusion/current/getting-started/fusion-intro

3. r31o

r31o

Thanks, I just started with my project, so I will try out Fusion, since I dont know how to use bolt and fusion looks way more powerfull

4. r31o

r31o

Why Fusion isin't in the asset store?

5. r31o

r31o

Last question (at the moment :p):
    Where I can find a tutorial about Fusion?

6. tobiass

tobiass

Once Fusion is released, we'll likely add it to the store, too. Releasing nightly builds is easier for us in our doc pages.
    More tutorials are coming up. Right now, you'll find most info in the docs pages.

7. r31o

r31o

Thanks for the info, but, when is planned to release?