Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Package Manager for custom packages

Discussion in '2018.1 Beta' started by dzamani, Jan 19, 2018.

1. dzamani

dzamani

Hi,

I just tried the new Package Manager UI and it's really cool!

I was wondering if it's planned (or not) to handle custom packages, I see that it's using npm, so we could feed a private npm repository (or something similar) in order to also handle our own private packages ?

Thanks!

scvnathan likes this.
  2. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Most definitely the intent for non-Unity defined packages, but we want to iron out everything first by dog fooding it ourselves.
    Having private repositories for packages is also something we will be planning for as well.

3. dzamani

dzamani

Awesome news!
    I guess there is no ETA on that feature but if (or when) there is I sure wanna know.

How is handled the link back to the packages ? I mean, when you add a package it's not on your project (it's well hidden inside npm cache folder) but how are the assets and things like dll handled ? What's the behavior when there is a conflict between packages ?

4. paradizIsCool

paradizIsCool

Hi,
    I am also really interested in this feature too, can we have more informations about that (Documentation, ETA... ?)
    Thanks