Search Unity

OnSceneGUI isn't called unless using simple preset layouts.

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by sand_lantern, Nov 6, 2018.

1. sand_lantern

sand_lantern

I have a custom GUI that I have been working on, however, I have found that OnSceneGUI isn't called unless I select one of the default layouts from Window -> Layout -> (like 2 x 3 or something). If I use any of my custom saved layouts, it seems that no handles get rendered or are usable.

I know this isn't just a problem with my GUI though. I also can't get the New Poly Shape tool to work with pro builder unless I go through the same process of selecting a different layout.

There aren't any errors that get printed. I only tracked this down to the issue I'm seeing because of this (probably related) thread.

I am not sure if this is a beta issue though, or one of the experimental systems. Anyone else having this problem? I couldn't find any issues raised related to this.

Edit: after further exploration, it isn't just Handles that aren't working. It's actually OnSceneGUI that isn't called.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please submit a bug report with a minimal reproduction project for this issue?

karl_jones likes this.
  3. sand_lantern

sand_lantern

I guess it wasn't clear that this isn't a project issue, but a layout issue. Can I submit those? Regardless, after following up on the previously linked thread, there is already a bug case for this issue (assuming it's the same one as mine), but no details if it's fixed/or for what versions.