Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

OnSceneGUI isn't called unless using simple preset layouts.

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by sand_lantern, Nov 6, 2018.

1. sand_lantern

sand_lantern

I have a custom GUI that I have been working on, however, I have found that OnSceneGUI isn't called unless I select one of the default layouts from Window -> Layout -> (like 2 x 3 or something). If I use any of my custom saved layouts, it seems that no handles get rendered or are usable.

I know this isn't just a problem with my GUI though. I also can't get the New Poly Shape tool to work with pro builder unless I go through the same process of selecting a different layout.

There aren't any errors that get printed. I only tracked this down to the issue I'm seeing because of this (probably related) thread.

I am not sure if this is a beta issue though, or one of the experimental systems. Anyone else having this problem? I couldn't find any issues raised related to this.

Edit: after further exploration, it isn't just Handles that aren't working. It's actually OnSceneGUI that isn't called.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please submit a bug report with a minimal reproduction project for this issue?

karl_jones likes this.
  3. sand_lantern

sand_lantern

I guess it wasn't clear that this isn't a project issue, but a layout issue. Can I submit those? Regardless, after following up on the previously linked thread, there is already a bug case for this issue (assuming it's the same one as mine), but no details if it's fixed/or for what versions.