Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Only baked models affected by light (URP)

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by Mitsuray, Jun 8, 2022.

1. Mitsuray

Mitsuray

So i light baked my entire scene except for the interactible objects which can't be set to static (such as doors, drawers, etc etc).

I was gonna play around with Light Layers and not only are these doing nothing, the lights are only affecting exclusively the baked models (independently of having Light Layers activated or not at all) :

https://gyazo.com/24f246091cf1a8dbda6581eea43fd4f0

Not only are the interactible doors the only ones on the same light layer but they are still the only ones not being affected at all by the light.

Thanks in advance

2. Mitsuray

Mitsuray

The (bad) alternative I'm gonna use is to duplicate all the lights, once duplicated they all work as expected again.

3. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Just to be clear, light layers do not work with baked lighting. It's one of the known limitations we are planning to address post-refactor.

What is the lighting setup exactly? In that video you've linked to, are you using mixed lights and increasing their intensity post-bake?

4. Mitsuray

Mitsuray

Yes they were mixed lights and I was increasing their intensity post-bake. Like i said if i duplicated the lights (or created new ones) they would go back to working as normal though

5. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Strange, because I was unable to reproduce this issue on my end. I have a few more questions:
    • Which Unity version are you on?
    • Which Lighting Mode (Baked Indirect, Shadowmask, Subtractive) are you using?
    • Are you using custom shaders?
    Keep in mind that when using Subtractive lighting mode, your punctual mixed lights will behave like baked lights. Only directional lights are exempt.

6. Mitsuray

Mitsuray

I had Subtractive chosen indeed, thank you it's solved now :)

kristijonas_unity likes this.