Search Unity

On creating new Unity 2019.3 i get Microsoft(R) Visual Compiler Version Error with no details

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Sasisa-Play, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Sasisa-Play

Sasisa-Play

Hello, people of Forum! When i installed myself a Unity 2019.3, but when i created project i got 2 same errors on the empty project says:

Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler version 2.9.1.65535 (9d34608e)
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

In logs i get more info but still don't see any reason what can cause it.

-----CompilerOutput:-stdout--exitcode: 1--compilationhadfailure: True--outfile: Temp/UnityEngine.UI.dll
    Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler version 2.9.1.65535 (9d34608e)
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

-----CompilerOutput:-stderr----------
    ���⥬� �� 㤠���� ���� 㪠����� ����.
    -----EndCompilerOutput---------------

I tried reinstalling almost everything that can be part of Compiler or Unity. When i delete everything from project(packages), errors dissaper, but when i create new script or import package i get new error. When i create new script i get +1 error for existing ones.

I just don't see any reason why is it happening.

Attached Files:

• Log.txt
      File size:
      392.2 KB
      Views:
    GregoryFenn likes this.
  2. GregoryFenn

GregoryFenn

There's a discussion going on here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/err...2-9-1-65535-9d34608e-unity-2019-1-9f1.717026/

I have the same issue as you.

^I might have solved my issue, maybe it will help others: I can't be sure but I might have fixed it like this: see this link and the solution to what I thought was an unrelated problem https://superuser.com/questions/727...ine-the-system-cannot-find-the-path-specified

For me, deleting the registry value for "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor\AutoRun" fixed it.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  3. Ctafield

Ctafield

Same error here. Have uninstalled everything Unity and Visual Studio related. I don't have that registry key unfortunately, so that solution doesn't work for me.

Am at a bit a loss as I can't get anything to work at all, not even new projects of any kind (have tried 3D, 3D with extras and HDRP). My logs are the same as the ones in the original post.

If I create a new project and hit the play button, I get "all compiler errors have to be fixed before you can enter playmode!". No idea what's changed, but something is definitely broken.

4. unity_roXannj_drqD1A

unity_roXannj_drqD1A

Getting the exact same and am at a loss. I've tried everything I can possibly think of