Search Unity

OldSchool Grid Inventory - Simple and Easy to Use Grid Inventory System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ruenor, May 16, 2018.

1. ruenor

ruenor

OldSchool Grid Inventory is a grid inventory system inspired by good-old RPG and Hack&Slash like games.

OldSchool Grid Inventory is designed to be a quick solution for any grid inventory system necessities. It can be used with RPG, FPS, adventure, or any other type of game. The script is easy to understand and extend.

It can generate multiple inventories with a given width and height tile count, and make transactions between them.

Features:
    - An inventory generator script that allows users to generate inventories automatically with given width and height tiles.
    - One ground item and one inventory item prefab. Users can use these prefabs with all kinds of sprites and grid sizes.
    Included:
    - Full Source Code
    - Grid Inventory Prefab: Users can easily construct any number of inventories with a given size.
    - A play-ready demo scene

1.2 version is now released!

You can ask me any questions you want to me or message me to get scripting support.

Thanks for using OldSchool Grid Inventory!
    Our Discord channel
    Documentation
    Forum Page

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  2. JoeKano916

JoeKano916

How would you go about setting up your own 3D items? I played around with the prefabs but I couldn't get my items to work properly.

3. ruenor

ruenor

Hi JoeKano,

Grounded_Item prefab is the 3D item base in "Resources/Prefabs/ItemPrefabs" path. You can use the methods inside "Generate Item Methods" region in the GameManager script to generate 3D items. There are some good samples there.

You can also customize the Grounded_Item prefab (by giving them constant sprites) to generate your custom items and use them directly.

Feel free to criticize the product and let me know if anything is missing or any would be nice to do's, so I can think about a new version that covers this features.

JoeKano916 likes this.
  4. Cassos

Cassos

How far is the 2018 compability? :3

5. ruenor

ruenor

Hi Cassos,

Sorry for the late reply, I've been very busy lately.

I just submitted the asset with the 2018.2 version of Unity but I can tell you with comfort, the upgrade process goes seamlessly from the 2017 version.

I'll write here when the new package is accepted.

6. ruenor

ruenor

Hi Cassos,

2018.2 version is approved and now live!

7. Cassos

Cassos

Great news! ^^
    I recently updated to 2018.3 D:
    Pls tell me if it is ready for that version than i buy it! :)

8. ruenor

ruenor

Hi Cassos,
    Yes, it's ready for 2018.3, there should be no trouble updating it.

I'll include a 2018.3 build to the product if you don't want to take the risk and willing to wait.

9. Cassos

Cassos

Great news! :D
    Let's grab it!