Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Old content catalog being created on build.

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by m4gni2de, Oct 16, 2020.

1. m4gni2de

m4gni2de

I have been racking my brain with this for so long. I have pretty much every aspect of Addressables working remotely. I can load scenes and gameobjects from a server, download and cache them and run them offline once cached just fine.

I've cleared every build, rebuilt in every way imaginable, but I cannot fix this problem. When my app builds from Unity to Android, a content catalog from August 8th builds with it, and it causes problems upon app load. If I just "Delete App data" and re-run the app, the correct catalog redownloads and runs just fine.

The image is a screenshot from my Android phone after a fresh build. The correct content catalog downloads, but there's that August 8th catalog that gets built too. They both have the same build time/date, so they are both being created upon build, and I cannot figure out why. I do not want the old catalog there. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      7 KB
      Views:
  2. m4gni2de

m4gni2de

Bumping!

3. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

I'll share this with the team, and pass along any suggestions or guidance they have! Which version of Addressables are you running?

4. m4gni2de

m4gni2de

Using version 1.16.6!

Thank you!

5. m4gni2de

m4gni2de

So I completely removed my entire Library folder, then reloaded everything and built to my device. However, only the August 8th catalog file was built, as there was no "build project" after the Library rebuild everything to even know to look for the new catalog. But when I have full Addressable Build Logs on, there is nothing about the August 8th catalog file anywhere.

I was hoping if I just manually blew away the entire Library, if it was cached somewhere internally, it would go away, but that's not the case at all.

6. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

@m4gni2de have you updated from any previous version? We may have to have you file a bug just so we can get your project to reproduce this. This isn't a known issue as far as I'm aware. I'm sure you have done this but you've cleared your build cache prior to doing a clean content build?

7. m4gni2de

m4gni2de

I have done this, yes. Actually now looking closer, it looks like I updated from 2018 to 2020 on the exact date of the older catalog file, so perhaps there's something stuck in the 2018 cache? Is there any way I could see all of the internal catalog hashes? It's just curious because even in the Addressable Logs, there's no mention ever of the older catalog file.

Is it possible that and older Manifest.XML file or an older .gradle file from 2018 is being somehow combined with a 2020 Unity file?

8. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

I suppose that could be possible, though I'm unsure how that would happen. No, there's not really a good way to view catalog hashes that I'm aware of. For the most part once a catalog is loaded we don't track it. We just add the resource locators/locations to the ResourceManager and go from there.

It does sound like an odd project issue. My next suggestion would be to clear the Library folder (or at least the com.unity.addressables folder and the PackageCache) but it sounds like you've already nuked your Library folder. If you make a small 2018 project (with say 1 Addressable asset) and upgrade it to 2020 does the same thing happen?