Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Offline rendering of a baked light map with moving point lights

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by tbobrow1, Jul 3, 2019.

1. tbobrow1

tbobrow1

Question: Is there a simple way to render video frames offline (non-realtime) in order to bake a new light map iteratively for each frame (for non-stationary point lights)? Unity does not allow you to bake light maps for non-static point lights.

I am rendering a ~1300 frame video of a camera moving through a "tunnel-like" scene. I have two point lights following the camera, and the primary feature of the video is to display the myriad of ray traces resulting from moving these around the scene. I am using CineMachine camera shots for camera movement, and Unity Recorder for rendering the video. I'm guessing there may be a rendering asset with more features than Unity Recorder, but if there is a way to do this without purchasing, I think it may be helpful for some folks.

Thanks for any tips that you can send my way!