Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question odd noise when hovered over the scene window

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by PsychosisGames, Jun 1, 2023.

1. PsychosisGames

PsychosisGames

I'm literally just starting out. I have a scene with a cube in it and nothing more. For some reason when I hover over the scene window a faint weird noise comes out of my PC speakers. Is this a known bug or error? There is literally nothing in my project. I used a standard 3D Core template and all I've done is add the cube yet this odd noise persists only when I hover over the scene window. The rest of the interface is silent. I'm using 2021.3.25f1

Edit: From further playing around it only occurs while using the view tool. I've restarted Unity and the issue persists

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
    Jeshira likes this.
  2. Jeshira

Jeshira

Same issue, added that the further I am from meshes, the lower the sound is. Selecting the camera makes a different sound. Selecting more meshes deepens the sound. It appears to be from electronic components (graphic cards / power supply) and some other sites call it "Coil Whine". What Is Coil Whine, and Can I Get Rid of It on My PC? (howtogeek.com)